Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagging a F type

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 09:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 643 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by StormtrooperFtype
Okay, first bags are not rice. Is extreme camber and stupid low static vehicles rice, sure in my opinion it is but just installed bags and nice wheels is not gonna qualify for the real world def. of rice. He isn't trying to lay frame just lower it and be able to adjust it.
You say all this... but the post where he claimed he was “totally serious” includes a picture of a extreme camber, stupid low static vehicle. Your own definition justifies why people are calling him “rice”. If he just wants to use the air suspension in effort to make a softer ride, that’s fine... but let’s be honest with ourselves, that’s a minority of air suspension users.

Originally Posted by StormtrooperFtype
The f-type is no track car and will never be one, no point in using it as something is nots, its a great weekend car that looks and sounds great. Plus most modern AMG's and Audi's you can lower via Vag-com with the factory suspension or plug in OBD2 modules for new Mercs to basically slam them. But bags doesn't mean slam either, it means low, and the ability to raise.
Saying the F-type isn’t a track car is very short sighted, I assume you knew this and are just trying to add to your point with something you don’t 100% believe. However, your comments about the Audi/AMG air suspension systems are irrelevant. The vehicles these systems come on aren’t sports cars. They’re dressed up as sports cars but really being sold as a high end luxury vehicle for city use. Their systems compromise good handling for the advantage of adjustable height and a softer ride (which doesn’t actually improve ride quality). The OP must just keep in mind the addition of an air suspension system will have negative effects to get the desired outcome; this magnified by the fact that the car was never intended to have it.

The following users liked this post:
SinF (12-11-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 06:12 PM
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
Unfortunately, early F-types are now sufficiently cheap that ricers and posers can get one and start the process of telegraphing to the world their complete lack of good taste.
So the wealthy purchasers have better taste? I've not observed that to be the case.

Old 12-11-2019, 12:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by alchemystic
So the wealthy purchasers have better taste?
Excellent question. No, obviously the wealthy are generally like all other people and have some individuals with poor taste. However, the kind of people that can afford a brand new F-type tend to have social pressures and obligations that keep them more in line. For example, if I were to show up in a slammed car, I would quickly find myself disinvited from a lot of places. So even if I were the kind of person to rice my car, I wouldn't do it for this reason.

Old 12-11-2019, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 380 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
Excellent question. No, obviously the wealthy are generally like all other people and have some individuals with poor taste. However, the kind of people that can afford a brand new F-type tend to have social pressures and obligations that keep them more in line. For example, if I were to show up in a slammed car, I would quickly find myself disinvited from a lot of places. So even if I were the kind of person to rice my car, I wouldn't do it for this reason.