F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

base v6 vap tune feedback

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 10:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default base v6 vap tune feedback

Hey guys, im simply looking for feedback from someone who owns a v6 base or s that has done just the vap tune without a pulley. Would love to hear anything you have to say about it. reply or pm thanks!

Old 11-29-2016, 10:38 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Give me a few weeks and I can let you know from a base V6 perspective. Placed an order for the tune last Friday.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 980 Likes on 731 Posts

I noticed a significant difference with my V6S, and that's the same tune you'd be getting. If I noticed it over the stock S tune, I expect you'll notice quite a bit more.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by dwoodard
Give me a few weeks and I can let you know from a base V6 perspective. Placed an order for the tune last Friday.
awesome I just ordered the tune before yday, looking forward to hearing your thoughts

Old 12-01-2016, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by lizzardo
I noticed a significant difference with my V6S, and that's the same tune you'd be getting. If I noticed it over the stock S tune, I expect you'll notice quite a bit more.
nice I am actually rear so hopefully I will be able to put the power down, also a shame I don't have the active exhaust but this tune should be extremely noticeable if it reaches it's claimed 415hp just with a tune alone

Old 12-01-2016, 10:07 AM
Received 397 Likes on 210 Posts

I've been going back and forth of whether or not I want to pull the trigger. I compared a buildsheet of a base V6 and a V6S; the V6S has an upgraded cooling system. I'm sure if JLR thought the base V6 cooling system was sufficient for the increased HP on the V6S, they would have left it as is. I brought up the concern to VelocityAP in their main thread.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteTardis
I've been going back and forth of whether or not I want to pull the trigger. I compared a buildsheet of a base V6 and a V6S; the V6S has an upgraded cooling system. I'm sure if JLR thought the base V6 cooling system was sufficient for the increased HP on the V6S, they would have left it as is. I brought up the concern to VelocityAP in their main thread.
honestly I am not really concerned about that, curious to see what they say about that specifically the way I see it I won't be getting into the pedal too much too often. Im sure a hard pull here and there wouldn't be much too worry about. update me on the answer if you remember thanks

Old 12-02-2016, 07:48 PM
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I've put about 5000+ kms on my V6S since I've had the VAP sports cats and tune installed and haven't noticed any issues at all. A lot of city driving at 35+ Celsius stop and go traffic. I will admit that fuel economy has suffered a little, but I'm sure that's mostly do to the fact I stomp on the throttle a lot more now lol.

Throttle response is smoother and more responsive over stock and the butt dyno can definitely feel the difference. I very rarely ever had the traction control come on prior to the tune and now I have to try very hard to prevent it from coming on. It's worth it and would definitely recommend you getting the VAP tune, especially if you have a base V6, it's going to be pretty noticeable.

Old 12-02-2016, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by C Rad
I've put about 5000+ kms on my V6S since I've had the VAP sports cats and tune installed and haven't noticed any issues at all. A lot of city driving at 35+ Celsius stop and go traffic. I will admit that fuel economy has suffered a little, but I'm sure that's mostly do to the fact I stomp on the throttle a lot more now lol.

Throttle response is smoother and more responsive over stock and the butt dyno can definitely feel the difference. I very rarely ever had the traction control come on prior to the tune and now I have to try very hard to prevent it from coming on. It's worth it and would definitely recommend you getting the VAP tune, especially if you have a base V6, it's going to be pretty noticeable.
Nice so overall good stuff to say about it! I put in my order in hopefully ships Monday and I get to use it next week . But yeah going from 380 to around 415 is a decent bump but from 340 to 415ish is a very big bump . Butt dyno will def notice can't wait