F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 10:43 AM
Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Battery

Battery Low Start Car Now message. I'm positive the car is not going to sleep. My hazard light stays lit always, and has anyone ever had the lock light on the door stay lit and then slow flash?
I think the issue started after the dealer replaced an injector, (OBD not closed correctly?). It was possibly the weather cooling down and the 50 month old battery needed replaced. I replaced the battery a week ago. I didn't stick it on a charger, I just installed it. About three days go by and I get the same message. The hazard light and the lock light never did extinguish. I tried resetting things by pulling the negative off the battery, and that didn't help. I didn't do the BSM calibration that was mentioned in one of the other threads I read. I charged the battery all last night, and started up the car and got the Battery Fault light lit. My car does have the ECO extra battery.

My questions are, do others have the lock/unlock light on the door lit when the car is locked and slow flash after a while, then steady lit, then slow flash? And does anyone have any other ideas for me to check? I replaced the battery with an Interstate brand battery.

Old 11-27-2019, 06:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 579 Likes on 397 Posts

Did you try disconnecting the ground connection on the car body (rather than the battery, as we old-timers have been taught for ages)?

Apparently you need to do the 'cold boot' this way, for the car's electrics to actually Reset.

Old 11-27-2019, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Carbuff2
Did you try disconnecting the ground connection on the car body (rather than the battery, as we old-timers have been taught for ages)?

Apparently you need to do the 'cold boot' this way, for the car's electrics to actually Reset.
No I didn't, I never learned that, thanks.

Old 01-14-2020, 11:13 AM

If the Moderators would be kind enough to change the subject of this thread, it might make it more searchable since the problem is solved. "Battery - Drain due to door handle, not door lock."

It has taken quite a while to diagnose and get the correct part. Kudos to Jaguar Service for not giving up trying to find the source of the drain. The tortoise wins the race. The symptoms aside from the drained battery "start car now" message was the hazard light stayed lit, and the little light on the lock button, on the inside door, flashed slowly and also stayed lit for awhile. Apparently there are not many door handles in the US or UK, and at least two of them boxed for the passenger side contained the driver's side handle and mechanism. Fingers crossed all seems to be working.

The following users liked this post:
Carbuff2 (01-14-2020)