Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beautiful and Sad video

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2023, 01:31 PM
Received 198 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Beautiful and Sad video

The following 7 users liked this post by Turko:
Jdwoody17 (12-28-2023), Roadstergal (12-28-2023), stirlingsilver (01-01-2024), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (12-27-2023), theEIger (12-28-2023), Valerie Stabenow (12-28-2023), VroomForTwo (01-01-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-27-2023, 02:33 PM
Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

Sad but true ;-(

The following users liked this post:
Roadstergal (12-28-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 06:08 AM
Received 425 Likes on 174 Posts

Climate change precipitated push to ban petroleum based anything is one of the biggest scams ever perpetrated on the human population.

The following 5 users liked this post by SassySarah:
Golfnutjtl (12-28-2023), Roadstergal (12-28-2023), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (12-28-2023), synthesis (12-28-2023), Tracy Rominger (01-02-2024)
Old 12-28-2023, 06:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by SassySarah
Climate change precipitated push to ban petroleum based anything is one of the biggest scams ever perpetrated on the human population.
Sorry but I must disagree, it is THE biggest scam ever!
Hundreds of trillions of $ utterly wasted.

The following 6 users liked this post by OzXFR:
Golfnutjtl (12-28-2023), Portlander (12-28-2023), Roadstergal (12-28-2023), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (12-28-2023), synthesis (12-28-2023), theEIger (12-28-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-28-2023, 07:41 AM
Received 169 Likes on 143 Posts

No matter what the government of all nations imposed on the use of EV, ICE will not simply disappear. Here's an example. Despite quartz watches had been around since the 70s why is it there still mechanical automatic watches being sold which is even 20,000 times or even 50,000 times more than quartz watches and people still buys them. Just look at Rolex watches.

Last edited by 2018XF25T; 12-28-2023 at 07:47 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 2018XF25T:
Chester7 (01-03-2024), Golfnutjtl (12-28-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 07:57 AM
Received 257 Likes on 130 Posts

I am hopeful that hydrogen solutions and e-fuel will take hold....and I think JLR may have jumped to far too fast....Porsche has this right.

Looking at Taycan sales should be a real eye opener to the bosses of JLR too....it is not good.

DMeister (12-31-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 09:33 AM
Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts

Nice video but the boohoo the last ICE Jag narrative is getting a bit old now. Feels like there have been endless reviews and videos with that message since Jaguar announced going all EV as of 25. There are tons and tons of great ICE Jags in the world and even if they soon stop producing new ones many of them will probably be around longer than many of us. The mechanical watch analogy is a good one and it wouldn't surprise me if Jaguar introduced a sports car with a special ICE option in the future.

2018XF25T (12-28-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 12:57 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,462 Likes on 1,107 Posts

Originally Posted by MajorTom
The mechanical watch analogy is a good one and it wouldn't surprise me if Jaguar introduced a sports car with a special ICE option in the future.
The problem with the watch analogy is it doesn't require "the (alleged) fuel of the devil" to run. And current legislation will prevent anyone who wants to sell cars from making an ICEV in the future. Hopefully, future politicians will realise the folly of their ways and make some sensible decisions instead (okay, I can dream!). Not least addressing the potential for huge fire and toxic release issues arising from runaway lithium battery fires, especially in underground car parks - I wouldn'r want to be above that (or anywhere near, either!).

Turko (12-28-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 02:35 PM
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

Nicely done video with great scenery. The overlay shots with the prior Jaguars was a great touch. I will just go out in the garage and sit in the F and thank my lucky stars that I have him and the E.

Will do my part and continue to investigate Electrics, but still troubled by the battery issues... fires and disposal; lack of local charging stations. Quite possibly there is a hybrid in my future, but will wait a bit and see what new things are coming down the line.

Roadstergal (12-28-2023)
Old 12-31-2023, 08:44 AM
Received 198 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Renewable energy scam

Old 12-31-2023, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
I am hopeful that hydrogen solutions and e-fuel will take hold....and I think JLR may have jumped to far too fast....Porsche has this right.

Looking at Taycan sales should be a real eye opener to the bosses of JLR too....it is not good.
For sure. To think that they can automatically just achieve what Porsche cannot is arrogant/stupid at best...lol

I already made the prediction in another thread on here: You wait and see, they are definitely NOT only going to be selling EVs for the 2025 model year. Current economic conditions, combined with acceptance problems around EVs, will NOT allowed that to happen. They will be offering some ICE alongside their new EV options. Guaranteed. At the end of the day there is no shame in that. It is just reality. I'm waiting for evidence of this any day now.

Old 12-31-2023, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by 2018XF25T
No matter what the government of all nations imposed on the use of EV, ICE will not simply disappear. Here's an example. Despite quartz watches had been around since the 70s why is it there still mechanical automatic watches being sold which is even 20,000 times or even 50,000 times more than quartz watches and people still buys them. Just look at Rolex watches.
Yeah, not sure most see that as a correct analogy ;-)

I wish they did, because then our beloved ICE machine would be around a long time, but yeah...Don't think that's quite the same...

VroomForTwo (01-01-2024)
Old 12-31-2023, 09:27 AM
Received 257 Likes on 130 Posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_C-X16

Say it was 0.5 seconds faster to 60 than a current R or project 7 and also 10mpg better...done....with much better battery tech so it weighed a lot less AND was easy to remove/change out...etc. I feel they left a lot on the table with the CX16 and the full EV "jump" is turning out to be a bit more bumpy than they had hoped (anyone could have told them it would be ....).

The real issue Jaguar should also address if they go EV no matter what tech is weight...if they want to justify being the Bentley class of cars, perhaps they could have a shot if they took on some uber expensive new stuff that gives us lower weight batteries....in a modular fashion so we could upgrade tech....that is what is missing from all of these folks and perhaps the industry needs to do something about it: standard battery form factor...through scale perhaps weight saving could become a reality. Who knows?

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 12-31-2023 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-31-2023, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_C-X16

Say it was 0.5 seconds faster to 60 than a current R or project 7 and also 10mpg better...done....with much better battery tech so it weighed a lot less AND was easy to remove/change out...etc. I feel they left a lot on the table with the CX16 and the full EV "jump" is turning out to be a bit more bumpy than they had hoped (anyone could have told them it would be ....).

The real issue Jaguar should also address if they go EV no matter what tech is weight...if they want to justify being the Bentley class of cars, perhaps they could have a shot if they took on some uber expensive new stuff that gives us lower weight batteries....in a modular fashion so we could upgrade tech....that is what is missing from all of these folks and perhaps the industry needs to do something about it: standard battery form factor...through scale perhaps weight saving could become a reality. Who knows?
I don't know man, if manufacturers collapsed onto some sort of common standard for battery systems that would likely be the end for many of them that did I would think? At that point there would literally be nothing differentiating them. Overall packaging I suppose, but still...

I really do believe that it will become clear over the next 5-7 years that there will be far more real options to consider beyond EVs. The Premier of the Province of Alberta here in Canada is publicly stating that she will be leaning hard towards Hydrogen fuel cell vehicle adoption in her province as an alternative. She's not just saying it either. The province has started out a relationship with Toyota for that very purpose for certain government fleet vehicles. She doesn't like that the federal government in Canada is essentially taking steps that will remove choice from the consumer. Good on her I say.

Old 12-31-2023, 11:59 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,462 Likes on 1,107 Posts

We really need battery tech that isn't subject to thermal runaway - that's the biggest horror of going EV, fires that burn at very high temperatures that can't be extingiushed. Low probability, very high consequence.

DMeister (12-31-2023)
Old 12-31-2023, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by scm
We really need battery tech that isn't subject to thermal runaway - that's the biggest horror of going EV, fires that burn at very high temperatures that can't be extingiushed. Low probability, very high consequence.
I could not agree more. There are lots of issues to discuss, but this is one of the bigger impediments for me that governments and evangelists don't seem to want to talk about. I would never park one of these things in my garage with the current battery tech. Not a chance.

Some like to say, well a gas car is just as likely to burn...Debatable. Perhaps, but the difference is that it can be put out.

When an EV fire cannot be stopped to the point where it can take out an entire container ship (which has happened twice now) you know you have a problem.

They will address this though, it's already in the works. I fully suspect that by the time my head is ready to buy an EV this issue will be quelled.

Old 12-31-2023, 02:11 PM
Received 442 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by DMeister
For sure. To think that they can automatically just achieve what Porsche cannot is arrogant/stupid at best...lol

I already made the prediction in another thread on here: You wait and see, they are definitely NOT only going to be selling EVs for the 2025 model year. Current economic conditions, combined with acceptance problems around EVs, will NOT allowed that to happen. They will be offering some ICE alongside their new EV options. Guaranteed. At the end of the day there is no shame in that. It is just reality. I'm waiting for evidence of this any day now.
Well JLR will still be selling ICE vehicles in 2025 for the reasons you stated, but probably not Jaguar. With the low volume of ICE cars Jaguar sells now, losing that volume in the name of R&D/EV programs wouldn't hurt Tata that much. Land Rover and Range Rover ICE vehicles are still very popular and will continue to be the vast majority (>90%) of sales for JLR for the next few years and will be responsible for the revenue. Jaguar is the sacrificial lamb, er.....cat.

Old 12-31-2023, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump
Well JLR will still be selling ICE vehicles in 2025 for the reasons you stated, but probably not Jaguar. With the low volume of ICE cars Jaguar sells now, losing that volume in the name of R&D/EV programs wouldn't hurt Tata that much. Land Rover and Range Rover ICE vehicles are still very popular and will continue to be the vast majority (>90%) of sales for JLR for the next few years and will be responsible for the revenue. Jaguar is the sacrificial lamb, er.....cat.
I guess we'll find out soon. Not everyone can afford Range Rovers, but they can afford an F-pace for instance. That would be a vehicle I would see them still selling, for instance, if they felt that they needed to pad their revenue for a few years to get through. If they did not they would be missing out on that segment etc...My 2 cents...Relative to their other cars I'm pretty sure the F-pace is pretty high volume globally (i.e.: Jaguar)...Not hard to see why...Beautiful truck...

These next few years are going to be interesting. Especially in countries like Canada where manufacturers must have 20% of their fleet be zero emission by 2026, even if the public is not buying. Absolutely insane that governments are messing with free markets like they are, but this is what is happening. I'd say they should pick up the losses of manufacturers, but then my taxes would be paying that...bah...Things are about to get real weird. Imagine the spike there will be in ICE pricing if there is all of a sudden 20% less of them being produced but the demand remains high (which it likely will). Things are about to get messy.