F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Before and after: P7 grill, P400 lip & skirts, V8 diffuser, Piecha spoiler, VAP quads

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2021 | 02:20 PM

Wow, what a beautiful F-Type. Just stunning. I love everything about your F-Type, I really like the grill and boot lip spoiler.

Old 10-05-2021 | 03:34 PM
Veteran Member

Very tastefully done. Very nice car. Would be really hard to improve upon.

The following users liked this post:
Sparky H (10-05-2021)
Old 10-05-2021 | 04:31 PM

Will the deployable spoiler still function?

Thanks

Old 10-05-2021 | 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by airthirtytwo
It seems your profile is set to not receive private messages, but here's his info anyway.

My friend's name is Eric. He runs a shop called Supreme Power in Southern California.

Call and ask for him (or Kim) at 714.515.7544, or email eric@supremepower.com

Tell him Drü told you to contact him re: Savini wheels for your F-type and he'll get you sorted out.
Thanks!

Old 10-05-2021 | 09:09 PM
|

Originally Posted by mrjohnt
What was all involved to get the p400 front splitter on?
Sorry I guess I didn't see your post originally. The P400 splitter mostly bolts right up as long as you've got a '18-'20 model year. The center section is actually the same part, it's the outer two sections that are different. They will have to be painted though, as they only come in dark satin gray from the factory.

Originally Posted by djyankees31
Wow, what a beautiful F-Type. Just stunning. I love everything about your F-Type, I really like the grill and boot lip spoiler.
Thank you! The spoiler was definitely worth the almost 6 month wait from Piecha lol

Originally Posted by RGPV6S
Very tastefully done. Very nice car. Would be really hard to improve upon.
Thank you, I'm really happy with how it's come out. My preferred style is very much OEM+, and I think I've achieved that here.

Originally Posted by RodneyM
Will the deployable spoiler still function?

Thanks
Sure does, the part fits on the panel behind the deployable spoiler so it still functions as normal.

Originally Posted by 19FRG
Thanks!
You got it. I've known the guy for like 20 years so you're in good hands.

Old 10-06-2021 | 08:23 AM

I'd be worried about the muffler scraping when backing down a steep driveway or going over a speed bump. And that one tip is certainly askew. Hopefully a good custom muffler shop can fix those issues easily and I'd ask VAP for reimbursement of the cost. You don't want to be shipping the whole thing back.

Old 10-06-2021 | 11:03 AM

Reminds me when I did the center exhaust to quad exhaust setup.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...t-done-171467/

Old 10-06-2021 | 11:49 AM

Sorry I guess I didn't see your post originally. The P400 splitter mostly bolts right up as long as you've got a '18-'20 model year. The center section is actually the same part, it's the outer two sections that are different. They will have to be painted though, as they only come in dark satin gray from the factory.
This is not entirely correct. They make 3 versions of the P400 front splitter. A gloss black, satin gray and primed version. You can order whichever of the 3 different versions you want. Keep in mind, it will only work with the 18-20 bumpers as stated, unless you want to heavily modify the splitter to fit on the earlier gen models (possible) but at almost $600 for the P400 parts, may not be worth the risk or time.

The following users liked this post:
mrjohnt (10-06-2021)
Old 10-06-2021 | 03:37 PM
|

Originally Posted by Dwight Frye
I'd be worried about the muffler scraping when backing down a steep driveway or going over a speed bump. And that one tip is certainly askew. Hopefully a good custom muffler shop can fix those issues easily and I'd ask VAP for reimbursement of the cost. You don't want to be shipping the whole thing back.
I've reached out to VAP. They've been helpful so far. Made a different thread about it earlier.

Originally Posted by WhiteTardis
Reminds me when I did the center exhaust to quad exhaust setup.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...t-done-171467/
Saw that early in my research on the subject 👍 thanks

Originally Posted by skizot
A gloss black, satin gray and primed version.
interesting. I bought mine from a forum member who'd painted them so I just assumed they weren't available in gloss black. Good to know!

Old 10-06-2021 | 04:59 PM

Really good info, thank you sir! And amazing ride.

Old 10-06-2021 | 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by skizot
This is not entirely correct. They make 3 versions of the P400 front splitter. A gloss black, satin gray and primed version. You can order whichever of the 3 different versions you want. Keep in mind, it will only work with the 18-20 bumpers as stated, unless you want to heavily modify the splitter to fit on the earlier gen models (possible) but at almost $600 for the P400 parts, may not be worth the risk or time.
well I’m out ‘15 here. At least I can take that project off the list. Thanks for the info.

Old 10-10-2021 | 04:29 AM

Where did you acquire the Piecha spoiler? It looks great, along with your other mods.

Old 10-11-2021 | 02:55 PM
|

Originally Posted by takeapieandrun
Where did you acquire the Piecha spoiler? It looks great, along with your other mods.
I got it from CKS Performance. Took about 4 months between ordering and receiving but was well worth the wait!

Old 10-12-2021 | 09:29 AM

Man, you're car is making me reconsider how I have mine set up. I've always wanted a murdered out car but yours is so beautiful and radiant looking. Very tastefully done. Good luck with the exhaust and hope you get it sorted out.

Those wheels look great. Do you have any pics of the wheels you've got on order?

I'm considering changing over to a set of Dual exhaust as well. I was planning on the Black Friday sale to pick up the exhaust and cats. Seeing yours makes me want to pull the trigger on the parts now.

I've done the VAP tunes/pulley upgrades and the car drives like a completely different animal. It feels solid throughout the range and the shifts are much smoother. Hope you enjoy this upgrade as much as I did.

I need to install my mina gallery intake/Injen cannisters, waiting for my Guardian Flat bottom wheel and need to send in my seat belts to get them rewoven to red. Those are my short term projects. Really looking forward to getting the new steering wheel. The interior is good enough but the steering wheels is the one area that just looks cheap to me. From the pics I've seen here, those Guardian steering wheels look amazing. They just developed a larger set of paddle shifters as well and I think they look great, hope to get it soon. Have you decided/ordered your steering wheel yet? If so, what did you get?

Old 10-12-2021 | 04:20 PM
|

Originally Posted by datriani
Man, you're car is making me reconsider how I have mine set up. I've always wanted a murdered out car but yours is so beautiful and radiant looking. Very tastefully done. Good luck with the exhaust and hope you get it sorted out.

Those wheels look great. Do you have any pics of the wheels you've got on order?

I'm considering changing over to a set of Dual exhaust as well. I was planning on the Black Friday sale to pick up the exhaust and cats. Seeing yours makes me want to pull the trigger on the parts now.

I've done the VAP tunes/pulley upgrades and the car drives like a completely different animal. It feels solid throughout the range and the shifts are much smoother. Hope you enjoy this upgrade as much as I did.

I need to install my mina gallery intake/Injen cannisters, waiting for my Guardian Flat bottom wheel and need to send in my seat belts to get them rewoven to red. Those are my short term projects. Really looking forward to getting the new steering wheel. The interior is good enough but the steering wheels is the one area that just looks cheap to me. From the pics I've seen here, those Guardian steering wheels look amazing. They just developed a larger set of paddle shifters as well and I think they look great, hope to get it soon. Have you decided/ordered your steering wheel yet? If so, what did you get?

Thanks! I usually shoot for OEM+ vs being obviously modded, if that makes any sense.

The wheels on order are Work VS-XX 3pc that'll be more or less the spec that's on this bmw below. They're more or less the Japanese answer to the BBS LM. A set I've lusted after my whole life and still have yet to own.

Re the exhaust.. it's definitely not cheap to do the quad swap but man is it worth it. Biggest transformation in the whole car. Couple of hiccups w/ the muffler but VAP has been working w/ me on getting the kinks worked out, so I'm still pretty happy w/ the decision to go w/ theirs. Still haven't installed the tune/pulley yet, but I'm excited to. I told myself that'd be the last step, so it feels like the ultimate crescendo of the car's transformation.

As for the steering wheel. I suspect I'll go with guardian as well since I'm not really sure of any other options. But I'll likely do something pretty simple as the rest of my interior is black w/ extended leather pack so I can't imagine doing much more than black on black in nice materials w/ a flat bottom.

Just ordered a LR Defender (to match it in Carpathian Gray), so now I've got two projects to collect parts for and the steering wheel might have gotten bumped down the list a few notches lol.

Old 10-13-2021 | 12:31 PM

Thanks! I usually shoot for OEM+ vs being obviously modded, if that makes any sense.

The wheels on order are Work VS-XX 3pc that'll be more or less the spec that's on this bmw below. They're more or less the Japanese answer to the BBS LM. A set I've lusted after my whole life and still have yet to own.

Re the exhaust.. it's definitely not cheap to do the quad swap but man is it worth it. Biggest transformation in the whole car. Couple of hiccups w/ the muffler but VAP has been working w/ me on getting the kinks worked out, so I'm still pretty happy w/ the decision to go w/ theirs. Still haven't installed the tune/pulley yet, but I'm excited to. I told myself that'd be the last step, so it feels like the ultimate crescendo of the car's transformation.

As for the steering wheel. I suspect I'll go with guardian as well since I'm not really sure of any other options. But I'll likely do something pretty simple as the rest of my interior is black w/ extended leather pack so I can't imagine doing much more than black on black in nice materials w/ a flat bottom.

Just ordered a LR Defender (to match it in Carpathian Gray), so now I've got two projects to collect parts for and the steering wheel might have gotten bumped down the list a few notches lol.

Phenomenal job on the upgrades, looks very OEM. I've tried to take the same approach and try to only buy OEM products (P7 grill, illuminated door sills, Fixed rear wing, etc) from Jag when I can but it still confuses people who are familiar with the F type.... I guess that was my goal...to make it somewhat mysterious.

The dual exhaust is definitely high on my list of upcoming mods. Looks amazing and sounds great. The VAP pulley/tune is a great way to finish up your mods for the F type. Good luck with that final project.

My interior is completely black but I'm switching out the black seat belts for s a set of red (only $150), the start/stop switch is now red and I have red interior LED lights. The Guardian flat bottom steering wheel I ordered has alcantara on the sides, perforated leather on the top and bottom, the new extended paddle shifters, gloss black accents with a a Ferrari red center marker and pinstripe at the bottom.

Congrats on the LR purchase. I went from a RRS to the Jag but have been thinking about picking up another Range for a daily driver. I've got about another 10k (dual exhaust system, new set of wheels/tires, meth kit) that I'm gonna throw into this car but might pick up a Range before finishing this ride. When do you take delivery?

Old 10-21-2021 | 02:51 PM

Would love to get some insight from you since you did all the exhaust related upgrades using OEM parts:

- Did you end up buy the valance and diffusor new from a retailer?
- Did the reverse lights from your V6 valance fit on the V8 valance?
- If equipped did you get the V8 vacuum lines to use the active exhaust system?
- Who did all the work? (Irvine resident)

If you recall, I did the exhaust swap using aftermarket components including the valance a few years ago. That company no longer exists and I'd like to do this again!

Old 10-21-2021 | 03:47 PM
|

- Did you end up buy the valance and diffusor new from a retailer?
I bought the diffuser/valence in used but undamaged condition from a salvaged vehicle, total cost for the whole rear bumper assembly was around $900 shipped, which was a much better price than getting them from the dealer parts department. I will say though, that I ended up having to repaint the black part, and it might have been easier to buy that part new. Problem is, the lower valence is near impossible to buy used, in undamaged condition, on its own.

- Did the reverse lights from your V6 valance fit on the V8 valance?
Yes they did but my V6 is a 2018 and if I remember correctly the earlier years will not fit.

- If equipped did you get the V8 vacuum lines to use the active exhaust system?
I have factory active exhaust, but the VAP unit I installed is a passive one. That being said, when I purchased the exhaust, I was on the fence between the fixed and valved versions.. and when we decided that the fixed level exhaust needed to return to VAP to readjust a misaligned exhaust tip, it gave me the opportunity to change my mind. I recently purchased the VAP valved system and have the fixed system for sale at a discount (but nearly new) in the forum marketplace (great deal for somebody looking to do this center -> dual exit swap).

The stock vacuum lines for a v6 with active exhaust will need to be extended but otherwise a valved system will bolt on as normal.

- Who did all the work? (Irvine resident)
The body work is a guy I've been working with for decades in Huntington Beach. His name is Wayne and his shop is called A1 Auto Body. He's the main body shop for me speed shop of choice, also somebody I've been working with for 20 years or so, Supreme Power in Fullerton. If you decide to reach out to either let me know and I'll connect you if you like.

If you recall, I did the exhaust swap using aftermarket components including the valance a few years ago. That company no longer exists and I'd like to do this again!
I do remember that thread, it was one of the sources of info I used to research my own swap. Glad I can return the favor! PS I'm not sure if it sold or not but recently there was a V8 diffuser in the marketplace here for a steal. Might wanna take a look.

Edit to add: I do also have a few leftover parts from my swap. I know I have a black diffuser section in re-workable condition that at this point I have no use for. Might have some reverse lights and parking sensors too, i'd have to look. Pretty sure I paid ~$100 for it or something so if it'd help you on your quest you can have it. Better it go to use than sit on my shop shelf.

Last edited by airthirtytwo; 10-21-2021 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-21-2021 | 05:33 PM

Yeah I saw that diffusor for sale but its located in Florida and painted in Sapphire Blue .

Whatever leftover parts you can spare I'd love to take off your hands if it will help me. Shoot me a text. 949.705.7690

I bought the diffuser/valence in used but undamaged condition from a salvaged vehicle, total cost for the whole rear bumper assembly was around $900 shipped, which was a much better price than getting them from the dealer parts department. I will say though, that I ended up having to repaint the black part, and it might have been easier to buy that part new. Problem is, the lower valence is near impossible to buy used, in undamaged condition, on its own.

Yes they did but my V6 is a 2018 and if I remember correctly the earlier years will not fit.

I have factory active exhaust, but the VAP unit I installed is a passive one. That being said, when I purchased the exhaust, I was on the fence between the fixed and valved versions.. and when we decided that the fixed level exhaust needed to return to VAP to readjust a misaligned exhaust tip, it gave me the opportunity to change my mind. I recently purchased the VAP valved system and have the fixed system for sale at a discount (but nearly new) in the forum marketplace (great deal for somebody looking to do this center -> dual exit swap).

The stock vacuum lines for a v6 with active exhaust will need to be extended but otherwise a valved system will bolt on as normal.

The body work is a guy I've been working with for decades in Huntington Beach. His name is Wayne and his shop is called A1 Auto Body. He's the main body shop for me speed shop of choice, also somebody I've been working with for 20 years or so, Supreme Power in Fullerton. If you decide to reach out to either let me know and I'll connect you if you like.

I do remember that thread, it was one of the sources of info I used to research my own swap. Glad I can return the favor! PS I'm not sure if it sold or not but recently there was a V8 diffuser in the marketplace here for a steal. Might wanna take a look.

Edit to add: I do also have a few leftover parts from my swap. I know I have a black diffuser section in re-workable condition that at this point I have no use for. Might have some reverse lights and parking sensors too, i'd have to look. Pretty sure I paid ~$100 for it or something so if it'd help you on your quest you can have it. Better it go to use than sit on my shop shelf.