F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Before & After: Velocity AP Lowering Springs (7/8") and Hub Centric spacers (17mm)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2017 | 06:45 PM
|

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Yep, I have VAP springs, new MPS4S and 15 mm spacers all round, and no rubbing whatsoever.
What size are your tires? i have Front: 255/35-20 and Rear: 295/30-20

Old 09-03-2017 | 06:54 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Greggbhill
What size are your tires? i have Front: 255/35-20 and Rear: 295/30-20
Exact same size as yours Greg.
Also, like you, it seems to me that the new MPS4S fill out the wheel wells just a little bit more than the old P-Zeros did. I don't think this is down to new MPS4S vs old/worn P-Zeros, as in my case the P-Zeros were hardly worn at all on the outside edges while the inside edges were bald.

The following users liked this post:
Greggbhill (09-03-2017)
Old 01-21-2019 | 04:56 PM

Looks absolutely gorgeus! Do you know if the lowering springs affect the adaptive suspension? Im guessing the ECU doesn't start to freak out.

Old 01-21-2019 | 05:24 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by VeeDub
Looks absolutely gorgeus! Do you know if the lowering springs affect the adaptive suspension? Im guessing the ECU doesn't start to freak out.
This has been covered a few times, no effect whatsoever on the active/adaptive suspension, even with the substantially lower H&R springs.

Old 01-21-2019 | 08:33 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by VeeDub
Lowering your car will make it less comfortable by making the overall ride harder. Additionally you also have less clearance (space under the car), so navigating around speed bumps, sloped driveways and underground garage ramps becomes challenging.

Old 01-22-2019 | 10:22 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SinF
Lowering your car will make it less comfortable by making the overall ride harder. Additionally you also have less clearance (space under the car), so navigating around speed bumps, sloped driveways and underground garage ramps becomes challenging.
And also, less suspension travel since we're not replacing the dampers. There's a trade off with going low on stock dampers and it's up to each individual to determine how much suspension travel they want to give up to achieve a lowered look.

There are plenty of options: VAP, H&R, Eibach and they all lower the car slightly differently.

Old 01-22-2019 | 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by SinF
As others have said, true progressive rate springs (like the VAP ones with a tapered diameter coil) minimize the impact on ride quality from lowering the car. Doubtful most drivers would notice any effect from a 7/8" drop in terms of ride comfort on straightaways. However, as others have noted, the visual improvement of lowering springs and spacers is profound and is well worth it. IMHO.