F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Dealer in Chicago Suburbs for Service?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 10:43 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Best Dealer in Chicago Suburbs for Service?

Looking to have my first service done, and was hoping some folks had good insight as to the best dealer (for service) in the Chicago suburbs. Elmhurst? Naperville?

Needed to get my first service done, as well as get the speaker fix and any other TSB's out there done. I have been holding off getting anything "fixed" until the first service as I've been waiting for any issues that the TSB's address, to be sorted out by the TSB's and get them fixed properly one time.

I purchased the R out of state, so no going back to that dealer.

Also, was it ever solved that the 2015 R's are not affected by the software change that ruins the sound/pop?

Thanks for any help!

**And for the record, nearly 10k miles in and this R has been flawless except for my cigarette lighter fuse going out and the speaker rattle. High quality craftsmanship if you ask me. Especially for a first year model (coupe).

Old 07-10-2016, 02:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by 2015Coupe
Looking to have my first service done, and was hoping some folks had good insight as to the best dealer (for service) in the Chicago suburbs. Elmhurst? Naperville?

Needed to get my first service done, as well as get the speaker fix and any other TSB's out there done. I have been holding off getting anything "fixed" until the first service as I've been waiting for any issues that the TSB's address, to be sorted out by the TSB's and get them fixed properly one time.

Also, was it ever solved that the 2015 R's are not affected by the software change that ruins the sound/pop?

Thanks for any help!

**And for the record, nearly 10k miles in and this R has been flawless except for my cigarette lighter fuse going out and the speaker rattle. High quality craftsmanship if you ask me. Especially for a first year model (coupe).
I had my 2015 R serviced a couple of weeks back (2. service since new) with the O2 software update done, and no change in sound, pops and crackles. It's just as loud in "loud mode" as ever before

Old 07-11-2016, 05:46 PM

Thanks for the info on the software update.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:45 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2015Coupe

Thanks for any help!

I can't speak for the other dealerships, but I had my one year service on a 2015 S done at Elmhurst and was quite happy with them. There was a leak in the windshield wiper fluid line and they found it and fixed it. Very professional and polite. The service took about 45 minutes I think. I haven't gone to the other dealerships in the area so I can't compare.

But I would not go to Orloff in the city. I had a bad experience with their sales staff being less than honest. I cannot comment on how Orloff technical service is, but if their sales practices are suspect, then it makes me dubious of the entire operation.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:31 PM

Thanks for the tip.