F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best mods, Christmas list and 2022 goals

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 01:47 PM
Received 141 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Best mods, Christmas list and 2022 goals

I picked up the F type in January of this year and it's been awesome learning about this unique car, meeting a few of the forum members in person and customizing this car. I'm interested to see what's your top 10 mods are, what's on your Christmas list and what you have planned for next year.

Top 10 mods
1. VAP ECU Tune/Pulley - Car drives completely different. Solid mid range power that feels much more consistent and smooth
2. Custom Guardian Steering Wheel - looks beautiful and feels amazing.
3. UAD CarPlay - having access to Waze on the screen and CarPlay is worth the money.
4. H&R lowering springs - it's pretty low and I do occasionally scrape but I wouldn't get anything else, it looks awesome
5. VAP Transmission tune - smoother and faster shifts.... better driving experience.
6. Rockford Fosgate 8" or 12" sub (I have both and switch them in and out depending on if I need additional room)
7. P7 front grill - really happy I got rid of the braces
8. Rear OEM Fixed Spoiler - I know a lot of people hate it but I like the look of the fixed spoiler. I'm looking for a more aggressive look than most.
9. StopTech Brakes/Portfield pads - I got cross drilled/slotted rotors.... I don't plan on driving the way that would cause them to crack.... looks great, brakes well with less dust, pretty happy with the results.
10. Antigravity Lithium Battery - saved a good 40 lbs and more power than the AGM equivalent. About double the price of an OEM but will last 3x and it also has a built in quick jumpstart battery backup feature.... it's already come in handy recently.

Christmas list includes a VAP Race/Touring V8 exhaust, dual exhaust diffuser for a complete conversion, VAP Cats (hoping there's a Black Friday this year). I've also got a laundry list of things I'm going to be installing over the holidays when I have some free time: Mina Gallery/Injen intake, Bosch water pump and a stereo system upgrade (Audio Control DM810 DSP, AC LC8i, 2x Audio Control ACM4.300 4 channel amps, JL Audio XH600/1v2 subwoofer amp, JL Audio HO110 6wv3 sub, JLR OEM upgraded door and center speakers, dynamat), The car is also due for a nice buffing and polishing. With the exception of taking the car into a shop for the exhaust work, the other stuff will be a good winter projects for me, glad I have a heated garage and a spare car.

The factory 19" and Conti Ex Contact DWS tires will get me through the winter but for 2022, I'd like to pick up a set of 20" or 21" in the spring with a set of Michelin Cup 2 and install a meth/water Kit. Would like to say I'm done but I have a feeling more cool products and ideas will come to mind by then. I'm tempted to go down the NO2 route for some extra fun.

The following users liked this post:
nw247 (11-20-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 02:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 895 Posts

Gooday, for me:

Best mod, bang for buck - Vorsteiner flow forged 21's and michelin rubber - completely transformed the handling characteristics of the car, look fantastic too;
Performance - VAP pulley and tune - yes 450hp is ideal for my, fully controllable power delivery, nice free revving;
Labour of love - VAP valvetronic quad exhaust - I prefer quads to the dual centre, great beefy note, mentally loud. Cost a bomb (once the bumper trim was bought) and droney at cruising speed;
Aesthetics - the roof and sill wrap transformed the look of the car, I really like it;
Marginal - BMC filter replacement gives a bit more supercharger whine in the cabin.

nw247 (11-20-2021)
Old 11-20-2021, 03:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

On the 2016 R:
Best mods:

BCA Forged 2 piece two tone wheels 9.5/11 inch with 265/305 Michelin 4s. Dropped 40 lbs. Significant improvement in handing as Oz indicates.
Partial film protection and ceramic coating.
Replacement of tweeter and all door speakers with JLR upgraded plug and play and added door sound deadening.

Next year: Full PPF Stek on the '18 SVR.

nw247 (11-20-2021)