F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Birds

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 08:20 PM
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by HalcyonDays
I would find an excellent detailer and let him determine how to proceed. I've had bird droppings require wet sanding in the past. Definitely, do not want to do it yourself.
I fully agree, I am very inexperienced with detailing - and at this stage, think any incremental benefit would likely be easily outweighed by the chance of making things worse. Maybe if I take into a detailer they will be able to see the imperfection - I can barely notice it now.. not like a dent or sideswipe by any means.

I would be curious to know if I could damage the paint by hand while using Meguiar's M205 polish. But I dont think it's worth it.

Attaching pictures of the same area, note in one picture it's reflecting the clouds. Also that these pictures are taken extremely close to the paint, if you're looking at the car from a regular height it's really hard to notice, if anything.

Old 06-28-2019, 11:30 AM
Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

"Also that these pictures are taken extremely close to the paint, if you're looking at the car from a regular height it's really hard to notice, if anything."

I think viewing (distance) perspective is important to consider. A one way ticket to the funny farm is by putting your nose on the paint and looking for flaws :-) Some bird droppings are way more acidic than others and can etch the paint almost instantly in the hot sun while other droppings are pretty benign. The best protection I ever had was Expel Ultimate (on another car I once owned). It's self healing properties seemed to be bullet proof against droppings. Pour some hot water over the mark and poof....gone. Expensive though.

CRS

Old 10-19-2020, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're seeking to pick out up stuff at Walmart, start first with either a Mothers or Meguiar's Clay Bar Kit. Then go along with M205. If that does not work, then go with M105 and then M205. If M105 and M205 aren't available, you could try Ultimate Compound best reviews.. Unfortunately, Ultimate Compound has plenty of oils in it so that it will make the blemish appearance super, until you wash it.