F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blood On The Streets

Search this Thread

Old Today, 11:13 AM
Received 200 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Blood On The Streets

For those interested in buying a F Type, a great opportunity to do so [at an outstanding price] just might be in the offing. If global markets are sustainably crashing, pretty much all asset classes will follow suit. If not, then this is but a dress rehearsal for the actual correction that has been waiting in the wings for many, many years.

There's a saying on Wall Street that came about in the midst of the '29 crash [attributed to just about everybody] that you buy when there's "blood in the streets" [referencing the brokers who dealt with that crash by leaping off the upper stories of rather high buildings, coming to a perfect understanding of Newtonian physics].

Sports cars are one of those non-essential luxuries that don't do particularly well in times when margin calls create cascading effects.

In any case, good luck to everybody...and look out below!

Last edited by synthesis; Today at 11:14 AM.
Old Today, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 262 Posts

Just don't park your Jag close to any tall buildings!!

The following 4 users liked this post by CJSJAG:
Addicted2boost (Today), Tayls77 (Today), theEIger (Today), Thunderjet Racing (Today)
Old Today, 12:21 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It’s funny how that old wives tale is still around…I guess too many people get there “news” from Quora and Reddit. As the famous economist John Galbraith noted, there were actually higher suicide rates in the prior summer months than during the October and November months. Good luck selling your car and get a nice shot of it by a high rise for effect.

Old Today, 12:55 PM
Received 200 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by DNAer
It’s funny how that old wives tale is still around…I guess too many people get there “news” from Quora and Reddit. As the famous economist John Galbraith noted, there were actually higher suicide rates in the prior summer months than during the October and November months. Good luck selling your car and get a nice shot of it by a high rise for effect.
Regardless of the particulars, a number of people did take the plunge...and thus the saying became urban legend.

In any case, it is the meaning that's important...buy when everybody else is selling.

Old Today, 05:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 893 Posts

Pretty much exactly the same thing was said at the beginning of COVID. It was all very dramatic and passionate, like "People need food. People need shelter. People need toilet paper. People will need guns and bullets. But do you know what people wont need? F Types, that's what. So you will be able to buy them for the price of a Big Mac...". Now I'm still waiting for my Big Mac priced F Type as I wouldnt mind a second one, and mine is now worth more than it was in 2019, so the projected crashing in values ended up being disappointingly inaccurate. Not that it was an unreasonable thing to think at the time, but it was kind of funny that it's accuracy has panned out pretty much inversely proportionate to the force of its delivery.