Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brembo Brakes as OEM brakes .....

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 05:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey
True but overheating calipers is not an issue with the standard brakes on Jags or street vehicles in general.
It helps put the heat into the calipers and take it out of the pads.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

I'm 99% sure the Alcon six piston front brakes from the XKR-S are a straight swap to the XFR and XFR-S, and the F-Type 380 mm front brakes are the exact same brakes as the XFR and XFR-S front brakes, so the Alcon six piston jobbies should be a straight bolt on to the F-Type. Well at least any F-Type with the High Performance or Super Performance brakes (ie 380 mm front), not so sure about the base Performance brakes (355 mm front).
The rear brakes would be a different ballgame though due to the F-Type EPB setup.

Old 05-21-2017, 04:11 AM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

There is no interchangeability between the brakes on the Range Rovers and the Jags, so taking the Brembo calipers from a Range Rover and fitting them to a Jag is no easier than taking Brembo calipers from a Lamborghini, Porsche or other brand. Perhaps the Aston ones will be a closer fit, but I have not looked that closely into it.

The whole Brembo thing with Jags is a bit of a long story.

You could get Brembo brakes on your XJR or XKR as a 'special' 15-20 years ago, there have been Brembo options on the X308 XJR and X100 XKR from the late 90's.

Brembo's were standard fitment on the S-Type R and XJR from 2003-2005.

Then Jag went away from Brembo and the "big brake" option was from Alcon, as OzXFR mentions. These would probably be easy enough to retrofit onto an F-Type, however the mounting brackets are no longer available as spares, so you'd need to get lucky, or fabricate them (and if you're fabricating, then you might as well get calipers cheaper from another make/model).

The Carbon Ceramic option on the XKR-S GT and the F-Types also have Brembo calipers, although not branded as Brembo. You will find the Brembo logo cast into them on the back side.

There are some Brembo "Big Brake Kit's" offered for the F-Type now, would also be an option to consider.

Old 05-21-2017, 08:16 AM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

I looked on the Brembo site and didn't see any Ftype applications listed? Can you point us in the righ direction.

Old 05-21-2017, 12:08 PM
Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Race Technologies offer Brembo's for the XF, there must be a reason they don't offer them for the F-Type. I think I should call them and find out why.

They are on the same street as our local Post Office