Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broke my record at the track last night in my Bone Stock Jag!!! 11.30@125MPH

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2022, 10:15 PM
Received 136 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Awd
Live in Vancouver BC and the track will be Mission Raceway in….Mission BC
You can send me an email...address is above in another post. I'll have to do a writeup on the computer sometime...too much for my phone. I didn't realize a lot of people were not in the states ai guess. Talking over the phone is easier to explain the methods for this car though.

Old 04-21-2022, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by bobjagbob
Wow, nice!

When you placed your order with Velocity AP did they mention anything about using Boostane octane booster to fully take advantage of their tune after changing both pulleys? What octane did you run for the 11.30 pass?

Looking forward to seeing how the upgrades go.

While I don't have an F-type R I do have a 2021 F-Pace SVR...similar Velocity AP mods are being considered .

Thanks, and good luck!
No, they didn't but we'll get to all of that soon. I'm used to better octane to take advantage of increased timing but I don't want to "have to" run more than 93 octane with this car. Now if the tune could be changed on the fly that might be something nice to be able to do once in a while.

I always have 93 octane in this car.

The following users liked this post:
bobjagbob (04-21-2022)
Old 04-22-2022, 04:17 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by TT_6SPD_95
I didn't realize a lot of people were not in the states ai guess.
That's why it's a courtesy to refer to left and right side of vehicles rather than driver and passenger ....

Old 04-23-2022, 07:09 AM
Obi
Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Good to see that you’re doing this. There is a forum member that tested the air intakes and filters, including eventuri. Not a single one showed any gains. (Most if not all showed losses). Nonetheless they say experiments should be repeated.

If I could make a request, and I’m not sure how feasible it is for you, but if possible could you test just upper pulley vs just lower pulley vs dual pulleys? The key parameter being just upper pulley

Old 04-23-2022, 09:26 AM
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi
Good to see that you’re doing this. There is a forum member that tested the air intakes and filters, including eventuri. Not a single one showed any gains. (Most if not all showed losses). Nonetheless they say experiments should be repeated.

If I could make a request, and I’m not sure how feasible it is for you, but if possible could you test just upper pulley vs just lower pulley vs dual pulleys? The key parameter being just upper pulley

I would be curious to know if anyone tested the full Mina Gallery. I just finally installed mine after it sitting for a year in the box since I bought it. I really have a hard time the first time tearing into a car. I always feel like she is a virgin and I should leave her be So I finally broke down and installed it a few weeks ago. In my opinion it was an absolute pain in the *** to install and I did scratch the pipes since it is such a tight fit. Either way I have zero intention of messing with re-installing the stock intake. The Mina does look good and you do get the supercharger whine if that is what you are after. I knew it wouldn't give me any gains but sure hope it didn't reduce any hp. And now that I popped my girls cherry I installed new rotors and new pads. Personally I think the drilled and slotted look so much better on the car and the OEM pads were (as we all know) horrible with brake dust.

Old 04-23-2022, 12:52 PM
Obi
Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Whatsnext
I would be curious to know if anyone tested the full Mina Gallery. I just finally installed mine after it sitting for a year in the box since I bought it. I really have a hard time the first time tearing into a car. I always feel like she is a virgin and I should leave her be So I finally broke down and installed it a few weeks ago. In my opinion it was an absolute pain in the *** to install and I did scratch the pipes since it is such a tight fit. Either way I have zero intention of messing with re-installing the stock intake. The Mina does look good and you do get the supercharger whine if that is what you are after. I knew it wouldn't give me any gains but sure hope it didn't reduce any hp. And now that I popped my girls cherry I installed new rotors and new pads. Personally I think the drilled and slotted look so much better on the car and the OEM pads were (as we all know) horrible with brake dust.
All with the filters that dont use the stock airbox will have the same problem. Apparently the loss is somewhere around 2-10 hp

Old 04-23-2022, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Obi

I would actually like to do this, but was going to do the lower pulley and tune first and then the upper, but the way all of this has to be done to my liking it might not be feasible. I'm just not sure yet if I'll do it this way or not...just depends.

Old 04-23-2022, 04:29 PM

The problem with the aluminum pipes is that it may be good for a hit when they are dead cold but they will heat soak too quickly and you'll lose power rather quickly. The stock airbox also gets a little more fresh air when the car is moving and I also like it that the stock airbox has more water protection just in case...I don't drive any of my cars in rain storms on purpose except for my daily but if it happens I feel better with the stock airbox on the Jag just because of where the air filters sit on this car.

Anyway, that was why I went with what I went with. That and I don't think this car is going to require a crazy more amount of air for just 650hp range.

Last edited by TT_6SPD_95; 04-23-2022 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-23-2022, 04:33 PM

So here's the thing with air filters on this car. The Jag comes stock with dual filters that are more restrictive then a BMC Race Filter, BUT for 550hp range the car might not need anymore air and is using everything that it needs. I'm going to be testing this.

Now, when you upgrade pulleys, tune, etc...now the car just may need that additional airflow and your gains from an air filter setup might only be seen at the 650hp range where it would probably benefit more.

Again though, I will be testing this in the same temps, conditions, etc. The weather is not cooperating around here for me to test though. I'll report back when I have the testing done.

Old 04-25-2022, 07:18 AM
Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

Great time! You will certainly enjoy this car in Stage 2 form. We will be runing an identical setup as I did the BMC filters a couple of years ago. Nice car collection!

Old 04-25-2022, 09:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

You are not going to lose any power. The air flows through these tubes so quickly it isn't sitting and cooking, and isn't going to add any significant (if any at all) temperature variance. If you sit at idle on a very hot day...Yes the air will get hotter, but it will also get hotter with the OEM or any other tubing that routes the air. That is why the CAC's are there to help with that...And they are air to liquid/coolant on these as well...so not solely relying on airflow to cool (like my 911 TT).

Enjoy your slightly louder SC whine...

DC

Last edited by Therock88; 04-25-2022 at 09:35 AM.
bobjagbob (04-25-2022)
Old 05-07-2022, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by supersportmtl
Great time! You will certainly enjoy this car in Stage 2 form. We will be runing an identical setup as I did the BMC filters a couple of years ago. Nice car collection!
Thanks!

I'll have parts installed soon and still waiting to get the BMC Race filters on a timeslip and the weather is FINALLY getting decent around here! I'll be back to the track soon, but from my findings the BMC's make the car around .05 seconds quicker. I know this because I have done a LOT of testing with the car. Lol The car has finally squeaked a 3.28 0-60 time with minimal testing. I would guess on a perfect hit now, perfect shifts it may do 3.25 but that would be few and far between hitting that 0-60 time.

bobjagbob (05-07-2022)
Old 05-07-2022, 03:28 PM

I now have my performance package from Velocity AP which includes:

Upper Pulley
Lower Pulley
Belt
Flash Tune Box
Logger Box - I'll be doing a lot of fuel testing with the use of this

So far I have the logger box working with my laptop and pulled the stock tune off of the car with the VPFlash and sent it to VAP. Chris has already gotten me all of the tune files for the car...they are quick at this process!

NOTE: Chris at VAP Verified that my tune was a completely stock tune. Someone on here was asking about this, but yes it is a verified stock tune for my car.

I haven't decided what order I am doing the modifications as I have tune files for however I want to do it. I will be dynoing the before and after levels although it is kind of difficult as the nearest AWD dyno is around 4 hours away. I'll update the forum with hp increases and track time differences when I get all of this figured out.

The following 2 users liked this post by TT_6SPD_95:
Jamal302 (05-07-2022), u102768 (05-07-2022)
Old 05-08-2022, 07:12 PM
Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

Nice! I'm curious about the actual performance gains of the upper pulley with the extra heat soak from a hot summer day... can't wait to see your new 1/4 mile times. I just got Michelin 4S tires installed. Will be going to the track next weekend.

Old 05-11-2022, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by supersportmtl
Nice! I'm curious about the actual performance gains of the upper pulley with the extra heat soak from a hot summer day... can't wait to see your new 1/4 mile times. I just got Michelin 4S tires installed. Will be going to the track next weekend.
I don't know for sure if I can make just the upper pulley happen or not, but I do have the tune just for that. It's a lot of work mainly with the wait time for the track and weather and then a 4 hour away AWD dyno to test on.

I probably will do the tune only to see what the gains are on the dyno and actual track. Has to be same weather though and such to compare results accurately.

Let us know how you do at the track though!

supersportmtl (05-12-2022)
Old 07-25-2022, 10:35 PM

Hey everyone,

I replied to my other thread, but actually meant to reply to this one.

I've been super busy lately, but just thought I would update this thread. I have a few modifications done to the car now and going to fine tune on the dyno and run at the track to compare the differences. I'll report back the gains and such.

The following 4 users liked this post by TT_6SPD_95:
djyankees31 (07-26-2022), RichardCranium (07-26-2022), u102768 (07-26-2022), WayneB (07-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2023, 09:13 AM

Just thought I would update this thread with the results from the modifications that I did from VAP which were the pullies and tune and then I also did the air filters as well which I believe were BMC. The install is on my YouTube, but pretty sure they were BMC's. It was last year when the track was still open so it's been a little while back now.

So after the modifications above last year I went back to the track and the car did 10.89@130.1mph. It wasn't fully hooking, but have new tires now and want to go back when the track reopens for the year. Here is the video: ​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Last edited by TT_6SPD_95; 02-26-2023 at 09:17 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by TT_6SPD_95:
Kassa (02-28-2023), u102768 (02-26-2023)