F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bucket List

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 04:31 PM
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

I have to say that I've noticed a lot of rock band aspirations in these lists. Although I won't say which band I played for, I've been lucky enough to tour the world extensively and play for tens of thousands at a time for a few years of my life. Guitar collecting is another one of my hobbies and to have been at a point where AR reps were handing me free custom guitars was something I'll look back on and still be humbled and amazed by. Like a lot of you guys, I've been extremely blessed in this wild life and I continue to live it to the fullest, whether it was being on the road with my band rocking or at home with the love of my life. You have to appreciate every single day.

Old 08-31-2015, 04:40 PM
Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

Oh yes! Back in the late 90's, when Bernie Rico Sr. was still alive, I managed to end up with a few amazing BC Rich guitars built in Hysperia while they still had a U.S. Custom shop.

So glad to have escaped the music biz. A tough way to make a buck. Mucho respect to you ImNotFamousAnymore if you were able to succeed like that.

Orkney.

Originally Posted by ImNotFamousAnymore
I have to say that I've noticed a lot of rock band aspirations in these lists. Although I won't say which band I played for, I've been lucky enough to tour the world extensively and play for tens of thousands at a time for a few years of my life. Guitar collecting is another one of my hobbies and to have been at a point where AR reps were handing me free custom guitars was something I'll look back on and still be humbled and amazed by. Like a lot of you guys, I've been extremely blessed in this wild life and I continue to live it to the fullest, whether it was being on the road with my band rocking or at home with the love of my life. You have to appreciate every single day.

Old 08-31-2015, 04:46 PM
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Orkney
Oh yes! Back in the late 90's, when Bernie Rico Sr. was still alive, I managed to end up with a few amazing BC Rich guitars built in Hysperia while they still had a U.S. Custom shop.

So glad to have escaped the music biz. A tough way to make a buck. Mucho respect to you ImNotFamousAnymore if you were able to succeed like that.

Orkney.
Those were certainly the ones to have! I had a late 80s custom shop gunslinger for a bit but sold it after I realized it was damaged in shipping. Good to see a fellow guitar player on the forum nonetheless :-)

Old 09-01-2015, 07:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by ImNotFamousAnymore
I prefer now to stay in my studio at home and write behind my sequencer and racks of synths etc. I do keep quantization off however :-)! Crazy world this music scene, but no matter what we do for a living, the common denominator of being a musician always cuts through any personality or down to earth interaction. Retiring in several years, and music since I was 4 years old....nothing finer, and humbly addicted to it forever. This is my bucket!