F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Build so far

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2024, 11:44 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Build so far

Hi everyone. Just wanna get some feedback so far and maybe some new ideas. I’ve seen some different threads on builds. Tomorrow my new rear spoiler is coming in and I’m excited.

Here is the rear spoiler I ordered. It’s going on tomorrow and I will update as it goes. I’ve done everything myself so far and already put one on. Just want a new one.

I also ordered a new front lip because I destroyed my maxton one. Never fight a piece of wood with a car. Unfortunately it seems like the one I ordered seems to only fit the svr front bumper so I need to modify the center piece. Should be fun😑.

Here it is. Looks good but I’m not sure how it’s gonna turn out. If anyone else got this and managed to fit it on the regular f types front bumper please tell me how.

so far the car is on konig diverge wheels, has maxton design side skirts and front lip. Also has rear diffuse extension, 15% tints, rear fixed spoiler and chrome delete. Car also has yellow calipers and straight pipe. Some may not like that but it sounds stock just much much louder. Annoyingly loud but so much fun. It also has r1 concept rotors and porterfield r4s pads. Anyone who needs brakes please get that setup, it’s much cheaper and better.

Here’s how she sits now. If anyone wants more pics I can definitely get some.

The following users liked this post:
BruceTheQuail (05-22-2024)
Old 05-22-2024, 04:42 PM
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Charge your phone! LOL

The following 2 users liked this post by TangledThorns:
BruceTheQuail (05-22-2024), Thunderjet Racing (05-24-2024)
Old 05-22-2024, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by TangledThorns
Charge your phone! LOL
I still haven’t charged it. She’s going strong

Old 05-22-2024, 11:22 PM
Received 178 Likes on 114 Posts

Let us know how and if you tackled the center piece.

The shape is not THAT different but some cutting and glueing is definitely required, and custom mount tabs.

Taking off the original piece should be doable removing the under tray only, but i did it with the bumper off so I’m not exactly sure, other than that just a few small torx, 6 or 8 iirc.

it’s good to have something being plug and play, but none of the aftermarket ones look cohesive to the flow of the f type, i especially can’t stand the kink on the side and a thick extra piece under the existing chin spoiler.

The svr splitter lay out and design is perfection imo and such coincidence we decided to try it at the same time!

Last edited by Ray Ray; 05-22-2024 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-23-2024, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Ray

The shape is not THAT different but some cutting and glueing is definitely required, and custom mount tabs.

Taking off the original piece should be doable removing the under tray only, but i did it with the bumper off so I’m not exactly sure, other than that just a few small torx, 6 or 8 iirc.

it’s good to have something being plug and play, but none of the aftermarket ones look cohesive to the flow of the f type, i especially can’t stand the kink on the side and a thick extra piece under the existing chin spoiler.

The svr splitter lay out and design is perfection imo and such coincidence we decided to try it at the same time!

yea it’s coming in soon. Honestly have no idea where to start and what to do.

Old 05-23-2024, 11:10 AM

You will see what i mean when you hover the center piece over the og, and once you take it off it’s obvious how much work needs to be done just to mount it.

Side pieces are super easy, i secured it using the original splitter screws, though only 2 far ends would reasonably fit, there is about a finger depth of gap in the center section mounted this way, so ideally a support piece should be added.

It’s also a good idea to coat the under side of these pieces, they look and feel like uncoated fiber and came in with some water marks soaked in, i wouldn’t trust them to last if it see water and grime regularly.

Old 05-23-2024, 12:25 PM

Deleted.

Old 05-23-2024, 12:27 PM

You will see what i mean when you hover the center piece over the og, and once you take it off it’s obvious how much work needs to be done just to mount it.

Side pieces are super easy, i secured it using the original splitter screws, though only 2 far ends would reasonably fit, there is about a finger depth of gap in the center section mounted this way, so ideally a support piece should be added.

It’s also a good idea to coat the under side of these pieces, they look and feel like uncoated fiber and came in with some water marks soaked in, i wouldn’t trust them to last if it see water and grime regularly.
how does it look?

Old 05-23-2024, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by TylerKrad
how does it look?
how does what look?

Old 05-23-2024, 01:31 PM

how does what look?
didn’t you put some of the lip on? Just wondering how the lip looks.

Old 05-23-2024, 03:00 PM

like it’s meant to be there.

Last edited by Ray Ray; 05-23-2024 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-23-2024, 03:02 PM

looks good quality. Are you gonna try to get the middle one on or no.

Old 05-23-2024, 03:05 PM

Not likely, for one i don’t really care for carbon fiber, two the shape and design is very very similar and i don’t feel I’m missing anything not fitting it.

i do plan to carbon wrap the og piece just to look cohesive.

Old 05-23-2024, 03:11 PM

Not likely, for one i don’t really care for carbon fiber, two the shape and design is very very similar and i don’t feel I’m missing anything not fitting it.

i do plan to carbon wrap the og piece just to look cohesive.

how difficult would you say it would be to get it to fit. Spent a lot of money on it and I’m just worried

Old 05-23-2024, 03:24 PM

If you reread my previous comments i have probably hinted “don’t do it, not worth the effort” 7 times.

Old 05-23-2024, 08:13 PM

Anyway here’s the new wing. Bought it out of Florida and it is super high quality carbon. Looks good in my opinion. I’m a little slow so my bad but I’ll work it out with the front lip.

Old 05-24-2024, 11:34 AM

Technically the center piece can work like this, trim off the high spots on the side and push in a bit further, 2 black pieces can be somewhat easily attached to cover the seams, or integrated into a splitter rods.

But, i feel it is gonna look way too busy and clumsy, do an idea for you to decide!

Old 05-24-2024, 04:38 PM

Technically the center piece can work like this, trim off the high spots on the side and push in a bit further, 2 black pieces can be somewhat easily attached to cover the seams, or integrated into a splitter rods.

But, i feel it is gonna look way too busy and clumsy, do an idea for you to decide!

that actually looks pretty good. I’ll give it a shot. Probably gonna do some trimming.

Old 05-24-2024, 05:29 PM

im also curious if anyone else has put the svr lip on a normal f type. Do u know anyone else who did ?

Old 05-24-2024, 09:29 PM

I don’t think so, there are a few who have done the svr fender ands bumper, also seen a few v6 with aftermarket rear valances in the wild.

Last edited by Ray Ray; 05-24-2024 at 09:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Build so far