F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buzzing noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Received 397 Likes on 210 Posts

I had the same issue. The "buzzing" noise I experienced was right around the behind the glove box area. I

-emptied the glove box
-checked under the hood for loose panels
-taped the glove box down firmly to see if it was the glove box

Its easily duplicated and when none of the above worked, I took it to my local dealer and the shop foreman took a ride with me and heard it as well. After 2 days of listening with "rabbit ears" they pin pointed it it being a hose immediately behind the fire wall not secured tightly. He mentioned that where the hose was rubbing it chaffed away the paint against the firewall so this is something you want get looked at!

Old 08-18-2015, 10:21 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have noticed the same sound coming from behind dash - driver corner. (F Type R Coupe)

Any remedies found?

Old 09-08-2015, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new to this forum and stumbled across it while google search for the same issue. I also have a 2015 f type R and is currently at the dealer for the EXACT same issue. Bottom line is they are waiting on input back from Jaguar as they have no idea. At first they replaced the a/c compressor thinking it was the issue but no luck. It has been isolated to the engine hitting around 3,000 rpm with the a/c on.

Old 09-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

yup I am still having the same problem.....

Will add it to ticket for when I do first service.

Old 09-10-2015, 02:06 PM

I just picked up car this morning from dealer. Jaguar is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. Make a note to your dealer that when Jag announces the fix you want to schedule the repair. Until then there is nothing else to do.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:46 PM
Default Hoping that this works for me

Originally Posted by jfo53
I still don't have any more buzzing sound in my 2015 V6S when the engine is revving through its range. If you have a buzz, it is simple to do the diagnosis. Follow the AC aluminum line on the left side of the engine from the firewall toward the radiator. You will see that it is attached to the front of the wheel well by a clamp fastener. Simply unscrew that fastener so that the AC line is free to vibrate at its natural frequencies with engine rpm. If the sound goes away, then you have identified the problem and you go to the dealer to show them. Or, just leave it unfastened. If the buzzing occurs with or without the AC on, then there is a different problem. There are discussions in the forum about buzzing sounds from the left hand speaker in the A pillar, particularly in the 2014s. The factory may have fixed that problem since my 2015 does not have it. None of us should have the experience of having spent oodles of money on a car that has the same flaw as a $15000 4 cylinder subcompact with 50K miles on it. So the Jaguar factory and dealers better pay attention to details like this. The Jaguar factory should have caught this one in development and saved us the hours it took to determine what it was. (My dealer had no idea what it was and would have taken apart the dashboard to find it... a little scary.) Congratulations to Jaguar for designing such an interesting and entertaining car. But, come on, put more sweat in the details please.
I tried explaining this to the dealer that is currently servicing my 15' Ftype S, I sent them your findings. Im surprised that this issue is not better understood with jaguar

Old 11-13-2015, 09:47 AM
Received 397 Likes on 210 Posts

Your best bet to getting this resolved is to record it when this happens. So at least that way the retailer has an idea of what the noise sounds like. I had this issue (which may or may not be related to your concern) and when I took it in, they deemed it a no fault found. When it started acting up again, I was able to record it and forward the video to the retailer and they were able to figure it out

Old 03-23-2016, 09:43 PM

Anyone have any update or luck fixing this? I know its aluminum AC pipe (I've tried zip tying, which eventually loosens so it starts again).

The dealer acknowledges the issue but won't fix it because "they can't just do stuff to the car" and said I have to wait for an official fix from Jaguar.

Its driving me mad as I literally hear it whenever the AC is on and it drives me nuts :O

Old 03-24-2016, 10:20 AM
Received 104 Likes on 50 Posts

When I had mine in for service last week I had asked for the dealer service to check/fix the high pitch buzz noise issue. They said they had a couple of techs drive couldn't hear the noise. I took a tech for a drive when I picked her up and the car made it a little, but not like usual and he said he didn't hear anything. This weekend I drove the car to Borrego Springs and it made the high pitch buzz consistently. The tech said that the shop wouldn't do the work based off of a recording and they would actually have to hear it themselves. JLR Customer Care is contacting me on the stereo speaker vibration issue and I'll bring this up as well.

Old 03-24-2016, 01:09 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rearview Mirroe Clip

had a high frequency buzz/rattle recently that we all thiught was coming from centre dash vent. Turned out to be a loose clip on top of rearview mirror. Try that.

Old 02-16-2017, 11:58 PM
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Bringing this back to top.

Getting the buzz out of the left vent at 3k-4K - only with AC on.

Does anyone know if there is a TSB on it yet? I'm going to try pulling the clamp off, but that space is *tight* and I'd rather have it done right anyway.

Thanks,

Mike

Old 08-19-2017, 03:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there any 'official' fix from Jaguar for this annoying buzzing sound from the AC line ?

Old 09-17-2017, 04:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just came back from the dealer. Basically, they told me that they have no clue and need at least 3 to 4 hours to have a look at it.
No TSB, nothing in Topix according to them.
Is there anyone here who had the same buzzing noise at 3-4000 RPM which goes away as soon as you put the climate to off and had it fix at the dealer ? Would you mind sharing what was done at the dealer to fix the noise ? I can see the aluminium AC lines but I don't really know which clip is problematic or where is the line vibrating against the firewall or other metal piece.

Finally, I will have to change from this dealer to another one since they put my car under a lift and the bonnet was sitting against an horizontal metal bar. The mechanic did put some rubber rollers in between but I'm pretty sure not the first time he pop the hood. There are now scratches in my clear bra at the point of contact.. at least I had the clear bra !

My car was in that garage for 10 minutes to check the passenger side window trim which was starting to separate... Nope, the official Jag fix is not worth it since it involves removing a lot of interior panels and the rear window.. you bet they gonna make more damage just for fixing that aluminium trim. I did fix the problem myself with some carefully placed epoxy glue.

Last edited by calvado; 09-17-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:40 PM
Received 104 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by calvado
Is there any 'official' fix from Jaguar for this annoying buzzing sound from the AC line ?
I wish. I brought it in and they said they couldn't reproduce. I took the tech for a ride and said that the issue is only apparent when in Dynamic or Sport and above a certain RPM. I could hear the sound clearly, but he said he couldn't hear the sound. The shop said they couldn't fix since they couldn't hear the noise. If a TSB does come out, my dealer shop won't apply unless they can hear the issue.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:56 PM
Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 355rockit
I wish. I brought it in and they said they couldn't reproduce. I took the tech for a ride and said that the issue is only apparent when in Dynamic or Sport and above a certain RPM. I could hear the sound clearly, but he said he couldn't hear the sound. The shop said they couldn't fix since they couldn't hear the noise. If a TSB does come out, my dealer shop won't apply unless they can hear the issue.
You'd better take your car into this dealer then: