Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C.Quartz Installed on my FT by previous owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 05:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts
Question C.Quartz Installed on my FT by previous owner

The nasty weather has let up here where I could plan a detail day for my F-Type, and low and behold I found this in the door jam today:

Searching on Google apparently it is a good product and I guess I am happy to have in on there, but what can I do to the car besides just wash it now?

Are those rinseless wash/wax products ok? Broke down and bought a spotless rinser also.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:12 PM
Veteran Member

I still plan to put xpel on something similar on the nose also. I can't find any paint chips or scatches on the front end/bumper with I am thankful for - can't see any additional 'film' there.

It looks like the recommended product to use over the C.Quartz is their Reload product.
Amazon Amazon

If anyone has used this on their coated car, please advise. I am old/old school so I guess I need to put all my waxes and previous potions aside for this car.

Still have a company van though - daily driver can get all the waxes I guess.

UGH - Edit: I can see where someone had waxed the car - wax around gas cap and tail lenses - so I guess I'll wash the car with Dawn before doing any reload sealant.

Last edited by Burt Gummer; 03-10-2017 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

I use a quick detailing spray over my cquartz. Doesn't really do much, but it's therapeutic for me.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:46 PM
Veteran Member

You might check out some of the You Tube videos of the RELOAD product specifically.

Most prefer it over the quick sprays. My car is not beading water off at all right now so looking forward to spending a day tuning up whatever is on there.

The following users liked this post:
jaguny (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 06:54 PM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

I had Cquartz applied last year and did one Reload this year. You do not want to use any wax or polish, just wash with clean soft cloth, microfiber. It is supposed to be good for several years or more. I understand that Xpel and such will still adhere just fine.
Larry

Old 03-10-2017, 07:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
You might check out some of the You Tube videos of the RELOAD product specifically.

Most prefer it over the quick sprays. My car is not beading water off at all right now so looking forward to spending a day tuning up whatever is on there.
Two explanations for that - the coating has been covered up by layers of products that are impairing the hydrophobic properties of the coating

-or-

the coating has worn off or been polished off. it only has a two year warranty against natural degradation from UV.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:47 PM
Veteran Member

Well I must be the least observant person on the planet to not have noticed it already has some sort of clear bra on the front end, headlights, and mirrors.

Yeah - I am sure the Quartz coating has not been maintained as it should. I'll do the Dawn cleaning and then Reload when the weather permits.

Last edited by Burt Gummer; 03-10-2017 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:40 PM
Received 123 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
The nasty weather has let up here where I could plan a detail day for my F-Type, and low and behold I found this in the door jam today:

Searching on Google apparently it is a good product and I guess I am happy to have in on there, but what can I do to the car besides just wash it now?

Are those rinseless wash/wax products ok? Broke down and bought a spotless rinser also.
I had Ceramic Pro applied to my car: same deal now as with C-Quartz: no more waxes. Here is what I use to clean my car quickly:
https://tinyurl.com/jolrqh9

I dilute it out in a gallon jug, then pour into a spray bottle. That and microfiber towels and the car comes clean in 10 minutes in the garage. What I love is after the ceramic Pro has been applied is the slick feeling the paint has all the time now. I think there is a better shine than I ever had waxing.

Old 03-10-2017, 11:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

I had CQuartz applied on my coupe. Detail guy said wash with this

CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo

and every three to six months use Reload. In between times you can make a quick detail spray by combining their washless product and Reload

RivFan Review: CarPro ECH2O Waterless Wash & Detail Spray

It makes it look like you slaved for hours on the paintwork and polishing without much more effort than a regular hand wash ;-)

The following users liked this post:
Burt Gummer (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 05:18 AM
Received 173 Likes on 125 Posts

Wash car with mild car soap and water, two bucket method, dip sponge in soapy bucket wash a patch of car, rinse in clean bucket, dip in soapy bucket and wash another patch.

After that use quick detailer if you want to remove water marks and give an extra bit of shine.