F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Caliper “Jaguar” stickers

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 12:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

I did white vinyl Jaguar lettering on the calipers a year ago off Ebay expecting them to last a month but it has been a year and they look like new.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:07 PM
Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Final product

The following users liked this post:
jackra_1 (07-06-2019)
Old 07-06-2019, 06:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

Originally Posted by Smonop

How did you get them to stick to the rear calipers?
When I tried on my old XFR (different but much the same size calipers) the decals simply would not stick no matter how well I cleaned or prepped the calipers, the surface of the caliper was just too rough/nobbly. The only solution I could see was to file/sand flat and smooth the surfaces of the calipers and repaint them (again!) so I didn't bother and I haven't bothered with the rear calipers on the F-Type either as they also have rough/nobbly surfaces.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 302 Likes on 173 Posts

I've never been able to find a caliper decal with the right font, so I went with the leaper instead.

Old 07-06-2019, 07:18 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jaggyx
I've never been able to find a caliper decal with the right font, so I went with the leaper instead.

The ones used by Smonop are the correct font, it's just that they are straight when the curved ones (following the line of the anti-rattle clip or caliper) look better but have become almost impossible to find.

Edit - after two hours (I kid you not!) of Interwebz research I finally found a seller of Jaguar brake caliper decals with both the correct (modern) font and curved, see here: https://thestickyscene.com/jaguar-br...per-decals-x6/
Good - three big ones and three little ones and a range of colours
Not so good - UK based and hard to tell if they ship OS or if they do what they charge.

Last edited by OzXFR; 07-06-2019 at 07:48 PM.
Carbuff2 (07-07-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 02:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

I know the guys that paint calipers have a site that prints out all the logos, probably a stencil.

Old 07-08-2019, 06:50 PM

Not so good - UK based and hard to tell if they ship OS or if they do what they charge.[/QUOTE]

Charges from the UK to the US typically are not nearly as bad as the reverse. If the decals or say $5, you’re looking at maybe another $10 at most (it’s e-bay, vendors can gouge for more profit) to mail to the US.

Old 07-08-2019, 07:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Not so good - UK based and hard to tell if they ship OS or if they do what they charge.
Charges from the UK to the US typically are not nearly as bad as the reverse. If the decals or say $5, you’re looking at maybe another $10 at most (it’s e-bay, vendors can gouge for more profit) to mail to the US.[/QUOTE]
It can’t cost that much to throw 2 decals into an envelope and mail airpost.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:07 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by OzXFR
The ones used by Smonop are the correct font, it's just that they are straight when the curved ones (following the line of the anti-rattle clip or caliper) look better but have become almost impossible to find.

Edit - after two hours (I kid you not!) of Interwebz research I finally found a seller of Jaguar brake caliper decals with both the correct (modern) font and curved, see here: https://thestickyscene.com/jaguar-br...per-decals-x6/
Good - three big ones and three little ones and a range of colours
Thanks for looking, but has anyone ordered these though? I ordered a set off of ebay a while back that had the correct font in the picture, and when they were delivered, were the wrong font. It was $5, so tossed them in the trash. Until I see them delivered, I won't be 100% confident they're the correct font.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:19 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for looking, but has anyone ordered these though? I ordered a set off of ebay a while back that had the correct font in the picture, and when they were delivered, were the wrong font. It was $5, so tossed them in the trash. Until I see them delivered, I won't be 100% confident they're the correct font.
I see what you mean.
The page I linked to has a graphic of the supposed decal(s), but it doesn't have an actual photo / picture of them so we can't be 100% sure they are what is portrayed in the graphic (correct font and curved).
Someone needs to bite the bullet and buy a set from this mob to check!
I would volunteer to be the guinea pig but I only need rear decals and I'm still waiting for Smonop to explain how he got his rear decals to stick.

Old 07-08-2019, 10:54 PM
Veteran Member

I see what you mean.
The page I linked to has a graphic of the supposed decal(s), but it doesn't have an actual photo / picture of them so we can't be 100% sure they are what is portrayed in the graphic (correct font and curved).
Someone needs to bite the bullet and buy a set from this mob to check!
I would volunteer to be the guinea pig but I only need rear decals and I'm still waiting for Smonop to explain how he got his rear decals to stick.
Exactly!

Old 07-14-2019, 04:27 PM
Received 204 Likes on 120 Posts

Looks great. I prefer the leaper over the lettering personally.

Where do you find these?
I'd like to get them in black, to contrast with yellow.

Old 07-14-2019, 06:55 PM
Veteran Member
Luc Lapierre (07-14-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 09:02 AM

The letters I ordered I found to be perfect size and exact. I’m not sure what some are referring to as “curved” lettering because the lettering on my caliper clips is straight not curved, so matches the original print design.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 591 Likes on 407 Posts

I’m not sure what some are referring to as “curved” lettering because the lettering on my caliper clips is straight not curved, so matches the original print design.
I would agree that the letters are straight, not arc'd, just look at the pictures posted previously in this Topic.

BTW, @Smonop how about posting (or linking to) pics of your 'finished' calipers?

Old 07-15-2019, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Carbuff2
I would agree that the letters are straight, not arc'd, just look at the pictures posted previously in this Topic.

BTW, @Smonop how about posting (or linking to) pics of your 'finished' calipers?
Oh I did brother, see above under my name of course :-)

Old 07-15-2019, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member

The letters I ordered I found to be perfect size and exact. I’m not sure what some are referring to as “curved” lettering because the lettering on my caliper clips is straight not curved, so matches the original print design.
My OEM 380 mm anti-rattle clip lettering was most definitely curved and I am pretty sure all F-Type OEM 380 mm caliper lettering is curved.
It seems that the lettering on the 355 mm anti-rattle clip is straight though and therein lies the difference.
Here is an early pic of my front wheel where you can just make out the very faded OEM lettering:

And here is a pic with the new decal applied straight over the top:

Old 07-15-2019, 11:09 PM
Veteran Member

My OEM 380 mm anti-rattle clip lettering was most definitely curved and I am pretty sure all F-Type OEM 380 mm caliper lettering is curved.
It seems that the lettering on the 355 mm anti-rattle clip is straight though and therein lies the difference.
Here is an early pic of my front wheel where you can just make out the very faded OEM lettering:

And here is a pic with the new decal applied straight over the top:

What rotors are you running?

Old 07-15-2019, 11:46 PM
Veteran Member

What rotors are you running?
I bought them around four years ago for my old XFR.
Off an eBay listing, I think they were Hart brand.
All I remember for sure is I searched eBay Motors for "Jaguar XFR brake rotors", if you do the same you will find heaps of listings.
The XFR front 380 mm and rear 376 mm brake rotors are absolutely identical to the F-Type rotors of the same sizes so it's likely the XFR versions will be cheaper than the F-Type versions.
I have commented before on this but I am 99% sure all the various brands of these after-market slotted and drilled rotors are the exact same Chinese made ones, just differently branded. And that includes the popular R1 Concepts brand.
Don't worry about them being "cheap Chines rubbish", the ones I bought are still going strong after four years with zero degradation and very little wear.

Edit - found the old emails about them - purchased in Nov 2015 and they were Hart brand.

Last edited by OzXFR; 07-15-2019 at 11:49 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member

I bought them around four years ago for my old XFR.
Off an eBay listing, I think they were Hart brand.
All I remember for sure is I searched eBay Motors for "Jaguar XFR brake rotors", if you do the same you will find heaps of listings.
The XFR front 380 mm and rear 376 mm brake rotors are absolutely identical to the F-Type rotors of the same sizes so it's likely the XFR versions will be cheaper than the F-Type versions.
I have commented before on this but I am 99% sure all the various brands of these after-market slotted and drilled rotors are the exact same Chinese made ones, just differently branded. And that includes the popular R1 Concepts brand.
Don't worry about them being "cheap Chines rubbish", the ones I bought are still going strong after four years with zero degradation and very little wear.

Edit - found the old emails about them - purchased in Nov 2015 and they were Hart brand.
Thanks. They good look. I really don't care where rotors are made, etc. but I do care about how true they are. In other words, do they come with some sort of lateral deviation or are they actually straight as an arrow. The last thing I want to do is install rotors to find that my car is vibrating at highway speeds.

Buying from R1 Concepts at least alleviates that concern somewhat since their support is great, and would've sent me a new rotor if I were to have complained. (At least that's what the reviews about them seem to say).

Quick Reply: Caliper “Jaguar” stickers