F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camshaft position sensor issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 12:39 PM
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Camshaft position sensor issues

New problem. I’m getting a *P014 - Exhaust B camshaft position sensor bank 1 * code, and *P000B-camshaft slow response bank 1 *codes plus a myriad of misfire codes , but the camshaft position sensor codes were the first. The car barely starts , won’t stay running and I get an immediate flashing CEL . The car ran great until I got the Camshaft position sensor codes. Although the car only has 2000 miles on it since an engine swap, I changed the oil hoping that would help. It didn’t ! Had it towed to my mechanic that originally replaced the motor. The car runs like it jumped time, but He doesn’t think it mechanically jumped time because in his diagnostics he got all the codes to go away briefly and the car ran like it was suppose to, then the cam sensors codes came back, then all of the other codes came back. He swapped out the camshaft adjuster solenoids but it didn’t help. He replaced the auxiliary battery because it was dead, that eliminated a couple of voltage codes. The start/stop feature has been bypassed on this car, it was eliminated before I bought the car. I thought that was the only purpose of the auxiliary battery. That was also why I didn’t know it was dead. Is there another purpose?
Anyone have any recommendations or experienced anything like this? I texted him to trickle charge the battery overnight to see if that helps, maybe the battery is the cause. I know low voltage is a major issue with the F-Type! I’ve never had an issue before with the battery or OBDII port draining the battery.

Old 06-29-2021, 01:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

You can share this with the shop, and it may help them find the issue.

Good luck.

DC

Camshaft Position Slow Response Bank 1 - No sub type information
POSSIBLE CAUSES
NOTE: Monitor description. Inlet camshaft is unable to achieve the desired set point angle.
The camshaft is stuck
Oil level is low
Variable camshaft timing solenoid circuit intake and exhaust connectors swapped
Variable camshaft timing solenoid circuit short circuit to ground, short circuit to power, open circuit, high resistance
Oil pressure is low
Variable camshaft timing actuator mechanical failure
Excessive camshaft friction
ACTION
Check the oil level is correct
Check variable camshaft timing solenoid circuit intake and exhaust connectors are not swapped
Refer to the applicable SYSTEM WIRING DIAGRAM(S) and check variable camshaft timing solenoid circuit for
short circuit to ground, short circuit to power, open circuit, high resistance
Refer to the relevant sections of the service information and check the oil pressure is within specification. Check oil
supply to camshaft is correct and that oil gallery is free from debris
Using the Jaguar Land Rover approved diagnostic equipment, clear the DTCs and retest
Check and install a new variable camshaft timing actuator as required
Refer to the relevant sections of the service information and check the camshaft operation

P000B-00: B Camshaft Position Slow Response Bank 1 - No sub type information
POSSIBLE CAUSES
NOTE: Monitor description . Exhaust camshaft is unable to achieve the desired set point angle.
The camshaft is stuck
Oil level is low
Variable camshaft timing solenoid circuit intake and exhaust connectors swapped
Variable camshaft timing solenoid circuit short circuit to ground, short circuit to power, open circuit, high resistance
Oil pressure is low

The following users liked this post:
Jklad (06-30-2021)