Can 2018 Jaguar F-Types be Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 04:19 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Can 2018 Jaguar F-Types be Ordered

Hi,

About a month ago we ordered an 2018 F-Type coupe. Our dealer just told us that
* they cannot order any more 2018s
* 2018's are being replaced with 2019's.
* the dealer's "2019 Order Guide", as he called it, is not yet available.

I just read the post at the following URL and that seems to agree with some of the above, but it is from January-ish of this year:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...2017-a-175124/

JaguarUSA.com only shows the 2018s. The UK website doesn't seem to mention the year, at least not in the same way that the USA website does.

I checked with a near by dealer and they are also not able to order 2018s.

A dealer in two other states said they could.

One of those out of state dealers said each dealer has a quota for the maximum number of cars they can order in a calendar year. Maybe my dealer has reached his quota.

Another out of state dealer said:

* 2018's F-Types are no longer available for ordering
because the amendment dates have already locked on cars
due to the way they are running the production line.

* There are cars being built, but we can't make changes to them.

I called Jaguar at 1 (800) 452-4827 and they said:

* they don't have any email indicating that you cannot order 2018's
* they don't have any email saying the 2018's are being converted to 2019's

Question: does it make sense that a dealer can no longer order 2018s and sometime next year our car will get converted to an order for a 2019?

Thanks,
Bill

Old 12-11-2017, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

Nothing will get converted to anything. You will have to order a 2019 once they start taking those orders. That will be in January. Pricing and option packages will be different, hence the dealer can't simply take your 2018 spec and re-enter it.

Dealers that say you can still order a 2018 might think they have allocations left, but they wouldn't be able to enter them in the purchasing system. Then they would call you back and say "well I guess we were wrong."

The following users liked this post:
Bill. (12-12-2017)
Old 12-11-2017, 07:57 PM
Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Hi Bill,
I had the same issue... check out my post a few days ago (End of 2018MY production). I tried dealers in four states and cannot find one able to give me a production slot. My sense is that the best bet is to wait until they release the 2019 options... and hope they do not stop producing the options/features you care about.

Bill. (12-12-2017)
Old 12-12-2017, 07:12 AM

Hi Nati and Brock,

I apologize for not seeing Brock's posting, I must have been in pizza withdrawal If I had seen it I wouldn't have posted mine.

You two have clarified everything.

Too bad dealers can't be honest about what is going on. This info may stop my wife from looking at Corvettes and Porsche 718s

Now I believe what my dealer said which was once the "2019 ordering system" was turned on he would figure out the differences between the 2019 and my 2018 order and then we would talk to see if I wanted to change anything like the color. He said there were a lot of new colors.

Thanks,
Bill

Old 12-15-2017, 06:13 AM
Default Recent Clues

Hi,

Yesterday I received the following email from a near by Jaguar dealer, not my local dealer :
"We received 2019 F-Type order guides today. If you send me your address, I'll send you a copy."
I forwarded that email to our local Jaguar dealer who responded:
"Here is what we have as of today. Dates show Job1 January 2018(That is assembly start). If assembly begins late January they should start arriving at dealership by March. They will update those to actual dates once they open up the actual order bank to us to enter our orders."
Question: does it sound like bother dealers are saying/implying the same thing about ordering 2019s in 2018, but using different words?

Thanks,
Bill

Old 12-20-2017, 05:22 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Dealer confirmed, no more 2018 orders being accepted, while I'm in the 19 queue, he has no details yet, but am being told around June/July delivery.

Bill. (12-21-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 09:56 AM
Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

One thing the dealer CAN do is determine what is in port. I had a dealer in Austin that pulled info on vehicles sitting in port and had been willing to make arrangements to get non-customer-ordered vehicles sent to the dealership had there been one equipped EXACTLY as I wanted.

In my case, it was easier for them to pull since there were not many manual transmissions in the pipeline, but it would be an option for someone that does not want to wait for the '19 order banks to open...

Old 12-21-2017, 12:53 PM

To Karim:
Since MY2019 prices are not out yet, and new MY2019 color/options are not known, (i) have you agreed a deal for your order (maybe x% off MSRP? or same price as MY2018?); (ii) will JLR give you a chance to select color/options before producing the car, instead of just matching the order closely to what you originally wanted in your MY2018 model? It would be a pity to miss out on some new gadgets (e.g. CarPlay, HUD) we did not know where going to be included...

Just curious... I am in the same boat, waiting for the next few months to pass quickly and wondering whether I should pay for my spot in the queue!

Old 12-21-2017, 01:03 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Great points, i have not yet. Also for @mbelanger, the dealer did locate something for me that was in port, it was close to what I wanted but not quite, I'd rather wait and have what I'd like.

Brock, I've not done any of those things, but I'll bring them up as they are great ideas. The dealer has told me, once the Options have change for MY19, I can go over them with him for now. The funny thing is, I (thanks to all you in the forum) seems to be more educated then he on how this works. He was assuring me they were still taking orders and then finally admitted they were not (he even said, you were right).

Old 12-21-2017, 01:06 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

I doubt the order has been entered; it think it's more of a case of the dealer reserving a production slot for you. At some point, JLR will give the dealer a date after which the order can't be changed. You'll have until then to finalize everything.

Something like that.

Old 12-21-2017, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KarimEls
Great points, i have not yet. Also for @mbelanger, the dealer did locate something for me that was in port, it was close to what I wanted but not quite, I'd rather wait and have what I'd like.

Brock, I've not done any of those things, but I'll bring them up as they are great ideas. The dealer has told me, once the Options have change for MY19, I can go over them with him for now. The funny thing is, I (thanks to all you in the forum) seems to be more educated then he on how this works. He was assuring me they were still taking orders and then finally admitted they were not (he even said, you were right).
Just stopped by the dealer today and they said they were able to order a 2018 f type and that it wouldn’t make sense that the 2018 production has already stopped as they just came out. Waiting for them to call me back to say that they aren’t able to order.

Old 12-21-2017, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by KarimEls

Just posted another thread: apparently we’ll get 10-inch screens and new wheels...