F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone explain TracDSC?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 03:48 PM
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Can anyone explain TracDSC?

I've had the F-Type Base Automatic for 2500 miles and have so far driven in DSC. However, I've met the nannies a couple of times and found that to be unpleasant. I am thinking TracDSC might be more appropriate for my style of driving.

What I get from the lit is that TracDSC increases traction and is somewhat less stable. OK - how do they increase traction? HUH? Do they mean that it allows more wheelspin (which is by definition a decrease in traction) so you can control the car more on the throttle?

Less stable - does that mean that the yaw nannies are backed off somewhat? Those are the ones I've met. Mine (Conti tires) doesn't like an increase in throttle while turning. However, I'm a late-apex, hard throttle by the apex kinda guy. Will TracDSC allow me more freedom to do this (without allowing me to spin into the tullies)? Mine seems Very Tail-Happy.

BTW, I am a semi-competent road-racer. Did Skippy School (1.01.5 at Lime Rock while in school with 6k rev limit and passing only on the straights, which gave me 3 clear laps and the time would have been 4th on the grid in the Skippy Race the next weekend). Led a field of 17 Formula Vee's at Zolder for 5 laps (with 14 wings-and-slicks Formula Fords lapping us) before the car broke (YES, it was the car's fault, and I'm sticking with that!). 20 track days, 10 races, 1 win, 6 seconds, 1 dnf (IT WAS the car's fault!)

Last edited by FullChat; 02-24-2017 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:44 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

TracDSC is the DSC turned down, but not off, it will allow some wheelspin, some oversteer, some understeer, but it will still intervene if you push it too far.

It's kind of halfway between the regular DSC, and DSC turned off.

Old 02-24-2017, 04:50 PM
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by FullChat
I've had the F-Type Base Automatic for 2500 miles and have so far driven in DSC. However, I've met the nannies a couple of times and found that to be unpleasant. I am thinking TracDSC might be more appropriate for my style of driving.

What I get from the lit is that TracDSC increases traction and is somewhat less stable. OK - how do they increase traction? HUH? Do they mean that it allows more wheelspin (which is by definition a decrease in traction) so you can control the car more on the throttle?

Less stable - does that mean that the yaw nannies are backed off somewhat? Those are the ones I've met. Mine (Conti tires) doesn't like an increase in throttle while turning. However, I'm a late-apex, hard throttle by the apex kinda guy. Will TracDSC allow me more freedom to do this (without allowing me to spin into the tullies)? Mine seems Very Tail-Happy.

BTW, I am a semi-competent road-racer. Did Skippy School (1.01.5 at Lime Rock while in school with 6k rev limit and passing only on the straights, which gave me 3 clear laps and the time would have been 4th on the grid in the Skippy Race the next weekend). Led a field of 17 Formula Vee's at Zolder for 5 laps (with 14 wings-and-slicks Formula Fords lapping us) before the car broke (YES, it was the car's fault, and I'm sticking with that!). 20 track days, 10 races, 1 win, 6 seconds, 1 dnf (IT WAS the car's fault!)
I spent the first few weeks I had the car playing just with the DSC.

I tried various launch combos, as well as last minute breaks into turns, and a little drifting, ok lots of that.

To some it up, DSC on is full-nanny no fun mode but safe mode, TracDSC, just lessons the nanny threshold, can start to get some breaking loose but still trying to keep you safe, and of course fun mode, nanny's day off.

I generally drive in dynamic/sport/TracDSC mode on the road.

Old 02-25-2017, 04:14 AM
Received 173 Likes on 125 Posts

Careful in the wet, I ended up facing the wrong way with a little extra boot on a fairly mild corner in the wet one day with everything turned on.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:44 PM
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by AnD3rew
Careful in the wet, I ended up facing the wrong way with a little extra boot on a fairly mild corner in the wet one day with everything turned on.
Did you have rain/snow mode on?

I keep reading posts like this and it's messsing with my head. I've tried pretty hard to get mine spinning in pkng lots on rainy nights to test and it takes some effort...