F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I add stock backup camera to Mine??

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Can I add stock backup camera to Mine??

Purchased a 2017 and love it. Fricken love it.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...do-lol-171923/

But this vehicle did not come with the vision package (Still can't believe this car over 100k doesn't have backup camera! lol)

Can I add a stock camera? I don't want an aftermarket system. STock or nothing. Don't care about parking sensors but definitely need the backup camera especially for wifey...

Any way to add only a backup camera to a car without the vision package??

Old 11-05-2016, 03:58 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

There's a thread on here about adding an aftermarket camera that works just like OEM via the Nav screen. The system doesn't know the difference.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Adding a factory camera will not be cheap or particularly easy. The factory system is tied into the CAN network, but you can add an aftermarket camera quite easily, the only thing is you won't get the dynamic lines showing your path (the bendy lines that move with the steering wheel position).

It's just a Fakra connector on the back of the screen where you can feed the video signal in from the camera.

However, you will need to edit the CCF to enable the reverse camera function in the screen. And a dealer will most likely refuse to do this for you.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
There's a thread on here about adding an aftermarket camera that works just like OEM via the Nav screen. The system doesn't know the difference.
link?

Old 11-05-2016, 07:14 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Search the forum for NavTV - there are a number of threads.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 588 Likes on 401 Posts

I added the NAV-TV camera and it works well enough. As mentioned above, there are no grid lines, but it comes up quickly and integrates nicely with the NAV system. There is also the option of adding a front camera, but I just went with the rear. Installation of the control box and camera aren't overly hard, if you're comfortable using pry tools (see video's on YouTube), although running the wiring between them is a bit of a pain. You can/should give them a call to make sure the unit works on a MY17. They can also point to you a local installer if you prefer not to get into it.

https://navtv.com/products/make/19/m...ar_f-type.html

Last edited by uncheel; 11-12-2016 at 11:23 AM.