F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Capristo Exhaust On An R.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015 | 10:59 AM
Veteran Member

Found this on the Capristo page ... compares V8S to Capristo exhaust:

So there is no pre-resonator, already has an X-pipe. The best and cheapest recommendation to get more noise out and a deeper tone is to get high flow CATs, should be under $1,000 at a custom exhaust shop.... or of course go the Capristo path and just go straight all the way back should be under $500 at any exhaust shop.

Old 03-11-2015 | 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by JCis149
Hey, how's it going everyone! This is actually my first post on this forum, and just wanted to run a quick thought across you guys! I've been on the fence with this ever since I got my F-Type a month ago. I say on the fence because the stock exhaust on this car is already a work of art and I don't want to ruin the sound. However, making it louder seems like a thrill, so I've been considering the Capristo Exhaust for this car! Yes, I can already hear the sirens chasing me......lol.

There is one issue though.....on the website, it says they only suit the exhaust for the V8S. Would it still fit the R in this case? And what would be the better option, the full system or just the mufflers? If I could get some help with this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Btw, since I'm new to this forum, there's a new villain in town.....

Welcome. Who did your wrap please and cost? I'm going to wrap in soon.

Old 05-08-2015 | 01:07 AM
|

Okay, so today was the day! I got my car back fitted with the Capristo Exhaust......omg......I'm speechless. If I had a penny for everytime I said "HOLY S$@T!!" I'd be able to buy another F-Type. Nothing on YouTube, any car, or any motorcycle have I ever heard in my entire life amounts to this creature.

I don't even know how to describe how insane the sound is in person. Okay, so when I was picking it up from the shop and they fired the car up, I thought someone literally fired a shotgun in the building. It was that loud, I actually jumped. xD Mind you, this is my daily driver so it was reallyyyyy cool for the first few hours of playing around but now all I'm doing on the freeway is looking for cops in my rear view.

At this point on the first day, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT, but I absolutely hate it at the same time. The neighbors will most definitely not enjoy the sound. Even when the engine is warm and ready to go, starting the car sounds like an explosion everytime. Valves closed or open, it's soooo loud you can hardly tell the difference. This is disappointing, however, because if I want to be quiet going down my neighborhood late at night or early in the morning, can't do. It's ridiculously loud regardless.

On another note, my goodness is this a whole new beast. It even feels faster. Hahaha. Anyways, hopefully I can show some of you guys at a car show sometime soon. I think a lot of you will really enjoy this in person!

Old 05-08-2015 | 05:25 AM
Veteran Member

Valves closed or open, it's soooo loud you can hardly tell the difference.
This is indeed disappointing. Even though I would probably never have acquired a Capristo on cost alone, it would certainly have been nice to have an option that would allow one to switch from soccer-mom quiet (or spousal mode) to going straight-to-hell (do not pass go) symphonic loud.

Old 05-08-2015 | 09:01 AM
|

Originally Posted by lhoboy
This is indeed disappointing. Even though I would probably never have acquired a Capristo on cost alone, it would certainly have been nice to have an option that would allow one to switch from soccer-mom quiet (or spousal mode) to going straight-to-hell (do not pass go) symphonic loud.
Exactly, that is why I have such mixed feelings about the exhaust at the moment. The sound is out of this world. It sounds like it's ready to rip your face off, buuuuut it's like that 24/7 and for the money I wish it would have a real option of cutting the noise. On the plus side, driving home with the exhaust, literally everyone that got behind me almost immediately tried switching lanes. I guess it was that loud. Haha

Old 05-08-2015 | 11:54 AM
Veteran Member

Exactly, that is why I have such mixed feelings about the exhaust at the moment. The sound is out of this world. It sounds like it's ready to rip your face off, buuuuut it's like that 24/7 and for the money I wish it would have a real option of cutting the noise. On the plus side, driving home with the exhaust, literally everyone that got behind me almost immediately tried switching lanes. I guess it was that loud. Haha

Did you get a tune with the exhaust or just the bolt-on exhaust?

The reason I am asking is because of the placement of the O2 sensors on the Capristo system. It seems they only have two post-bungs for the sensors, that seems to me very prone to a CEL error which I assume you did not get.

Old 05-08-2015 | 01:19 PM
Default Too much like a Viper

Vipers are like this stock making them fun for awhile but way to painful to drive regularly. I was thinking of this system but thanks to your post I'm going to pass. My neighbors are already pissed at me for doing straight pipes on my XKR for awhile.

Old 05-08-2015 | 03:34 PM
Veteran Member

On the factory exhaust, do those two joins before and after the x-pipe in the picture
allow gas flow, or are they just bracing? Zoomed up the picture and still can't tell.

Old 05-08-2015 | 10:42 PM

Okay, so today was the day! I got my car back fitted with the Capristo Exhaust......omg......I'm speechless. If I had a penny for everytime I said "HOLY S$@T!!" I'd be able to buy another F-Type. Nothing on YouTube, any car, or any motorcycle have I ever heard in my entire life amounts to this creature.

I don't even know how to describe how insane the sound is in person. Okay, so when I was picking it up from the shop and they fired the car up, I thought someone literally fired a shotgun in the building. It was that loud, I actually jumped. xD Mind you, this is my daily driver so it was reallyyyyy cool for the first few hours of playing around but now all I'm doing on the freeway is looking for cops in my rear view.

At this point on the first day, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT, but I absolutely hate it at the same time. The neighbors will most definitely not enjoy the sound. Even when the engine is warm and ready to go, starting the car sounds like an explosion everytime. Valves closed or open, it's soooo loud you can hardly tell the difference. This is disappointing, however, because if I want to be quiet going down my neighborhood late at night or early in the morning, can't do. It's ridiculously loud regardless.

On another note, my goodness is this a whole new beast. It even feels faster. Hahaha. Anyways, hopefully I can show some of you guys at a car show sometime soon. I think a lot of you will really enjoy this in person!
Did you get the full exhaust or just the axle back portion?

Old 05-09-2015 | 01:49 AM
|

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
Did you get the full exhaust or just the axle back portion?
All the way, the full system. And yes to getting it tuned. It's basically the same as the Hennessey tune. I've never heard the viper in person, but you are correct. As a daily driver......it's honestly sort of becoming a pain. :/ haha it's so loud I've actually debated getting it pulled. There's some food for thought

Old 05-09-2015 | 06:06 AM
Veteran Member

All the way, the full system. And yes to getting it tuned. It's basically the same as the Hennessey tune. I've never heard the viper in person, but you are correct. As a daily driver......it's honestly sort of becoming a pain. :/ haha it's so loud I've actually debated getting it pulled. There's some food for thought
It's not in Capristo's best interest to leave you in this predicament. Talk to them and see if they can adjust the sound level on the closed valve setting. It would probably involve re-baffling inside the can.

Old 05-11-2015 | 08:56 AM
Veteran Member

here is Capristo's response to me saying that it is too loud .... and if they would sell me just the CATs

Hello,

Just to clarify our system is a VALVED exhaust therefore it is not always loud. The reason for the valves is to give you a very reasonable tolerable sound when the valves are closed and a nice race car like sound when the valves are open. The system also comes with a Programmable remote system that allows you to open and close these valves as you wish or program them to open at certain rpm.

Also we do not sell them separately.

Sincerely,

Erik Krammer

Office: 561-882-9885 | Cell: 561-262-2876

http://www.capristoexhaust.com |

Old 01-12-2018 | 12:42 AM

Which 3M product is this?

Old 01-12-2018 | 08:58 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

You're posting in a thread that's more than 2 1/2 years old. You might at least quote a post, so folks have a clue what you're talking about.

Old 01-12-2018 | 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by alexg
Welcome. Who did your wrap please and cost? I'm going to wrap in soon.
Hey, how's it going everyone! This is actually my first post on this forum, and just wanted to run a quick thought across you guys! I've been on the fence with this ever since I got my F-Type a month ago. I say on the fence because the stock exhaust on this car is already a work of art and I don't want to ruin the sound. However, making it louder seems like a thrill, so I've been considering the Capristo Exhaust for this car! Yes, I can already hear the sirens chasing me......lol.

There is one issue though.....on the website, it says they only suit the exhaust for the V8S. Would it still fit the R in this case? And what would be the better option, the full system or just the mufflers? If I could get some help with this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Btw, since I'm new to this forum, there's a new villain in town.....

what color 3M product did you use JC?