F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Capristo Exhaust....Wow

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 09:24 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Luciddream
Did anybody install the Capristo exhaust?? I am thankful for any Input as i plan doing an exhaust mod in spring 2016.

Nick
Yeah, I had the full system installed earlier this year. It is absolute bonkers. Undoubtedly the loudest exhaust I've ever heard in person. If you do go that route, I doubt you will be disappointed. As a heads up, however, you will become acquainted with the officers in your area. xD

I'm not sure why you might be considering it, but me personally, I loved the sound of the original exhaust. One of the main reasons I bought the car, but after a while I sort of became desensitized, and it seemed fairly quiet in the cabin. With the exhaust installed, everyday I turn the car on, I can't help but grin. It's really a game changer, and the theater is unbelievable. Hey, but that's just me.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:51 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Jaguar : Jaguar F-Type V8 S complete (Incl. Remote)

$9400 and it doesn't even include the most important part of the exhaust: Longtube Headers. All the power is made up front in the headers, collectors and midpipe (X pipe), that seems like quite a bit of change for some extra volumes with a minimal performance gain. Also the crossover is in the rear, it should be as close to the collectors as possible, even Jaguar does this. Sad.

Makes me hopeful we can get 10 commitments for our 1 7/8" LTs with 3" X pipe which will gain 30-40HP (without re-pulleying to compensate for decreased boost, 50-60HP at the same boost level as the stock exhaust) and volume and tone to match--at half the cost.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...ype-rs-154809/

Last edited by VMaxTuning; 12-18-2015 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:09 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by JCis149
Yeah, I had the full system installed earlier this year. It is absolute bonkers. Undoubtedly the loudest exhaust I've ever heard in person. If you do go that route, I doubt you will be disappointed. As a heads up, however, you will become acquainted with the officers in your area. xD

I'm not sure why you might be considering it, but me personally, I loved the sound of the original exhaust. One of the main reasons I bought the car, but after a while I sort of became desensitized, and it seemed fairly quiet in the cabin. With the exhaust installed, everyday I turn the car on, I can't help but grin. It's really a game changer, and the theater is unbelievable. Hey, but that's just me.
I am finding my car a bit quiet too. But rather than spending $10,000 on a new exhaust, I am thinking of buying a new car instead!

Old 12-18-2015, 05:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

LOL . . . what's your "louder" candidate list look like?

You probably should move on. You're now complaining about everything, but it's damned hard to fault the F-Type on the basis of exhaust note.

Old 12-18-2015, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Anything louder than a FTR with the active exhaust open and you go from being the guy with the loud sports car to the offensive adolescent a$$hole running without a muffler...at least in these parts. (Might be different in Hazard County)

Old 12-18-2015, 08:28 PM
BMo
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I bought an aftermarket exhaust for my 911 turbo to improve sound, gain 30hp and lose 30lbs from an already-heavy rear. But it only cost me $2500. To spend 7k for an exhaust that already sounds amazing seems a bit silly to me but that's just me. I'd rather go to Hawaii for 2 weeks!

Old 12-18-2015, 10:15 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
LOL . . . what's your "louder" candidate list look like?

You probably should move on. You're now complaining about everything, but it's damned hard to fault the F-Type on the basis of exhaust note.
Man you're so old. Hopefully you'll be moving on too!

Old 12-19-2015, 05:13 AM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

I don't see the value in the Capristo myself, unless you just want it loud, in which case you could simply just run straight pipes don't bother with a muffler at all. With the valves open on the factory setup it's more or less straight through anyhow...

Capristo Exhaust....Wow-exhaust-gas-flow.jpg

The stock exhaust center section already looks pretty good to me, here's the side-by-side between the stock and the Capristo.

The factory exhaust already has the x-pipe.

The location of the x-pipe doesn't seem to be much of a consideration, there are no mufflers upstream up it (if you don't count the cats as mufflers).

The factory XKR-S exhaust it's also straight pipes with the x-pipe down towards the diff.

I think there is much more power to be released from properly designed exhaust manifolds than from the exhaust itself.

Old 12-19-2015, 06:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
Man you're so old. Hopefully you'll be moving on too!
That's rather amusing. I don't know you, and vice-versa, but judging from your posts here alone, you fit the "crabby old man" stereotype perfectly. That's not a function of chronological age.

However, that's one of the odd things about interacting exclusively via the internet. If we were to meet in person, we'd probably get along great. :-)

I certainly wasn't trying to insult you by suggesting that maybe it's time to move on. I was relying upon my past experiences, having purchased 3-4 dozen new vehicles over the years. I've been in the same place with other cars that you now seem to have arrived with regard to your F-Type. When I reach that point, that's always been my signal that it's probably time to move on to something else.

Last edited by Foosh; 12-19-2015 at 06:50 AM.
Old 12-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambo
I don't see the value in the Capristo myself, unless you just want it loud, in which case you could simply just run straight pipes don't bother with a muffler at all. With the valves open on the factory setup it's more or less straight through anyhow...

Attachment 123071

The stock exhaust center section already looks pretty good to me, here's the side-by-side between the stock and the Capristo.

The factory exhaust already has the x-pipe.

The location of the x-pipe doesn't seem to be much of a consideration, there are no mufflers upstream up it (if you don't count the cats as mufflers).

The factory XKR-S exhaust it's also straight pipes with the x-pipe down towards the diff.

I think there is much more power to be released from properly designed exhaust manifolds than from the exhaust itself.
Agreed as far as most of the gains coming from properly designed manifolds or LTs. X placement needs to be as close to the collectors as possible to maximize the scavenging effect and increase HP and TQ. When you see the X further back you know it's purely for sound not power.

Thanks!

Old 12-21-2015, 03:39 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

@JCis149

Thanks for your comment. You speak the truth. Once you get used to the sound of the V8 you want more as the cabin seems very silent. I dont know if the expensive capristo is the right way. I would install only the exhaust and not the full System as it seems too loud.
How about starting the car in the morning or in the evening?? Did you get into trouble? Not to mention the Police . Did you do any decibel measurement on the car? Stock exhaust is 118 db 1metre behind exhaust tips.
Cabin noise level is 77-88db.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

Anyone have a picture - like that of the "Original" and "Capristo" above - of the exhaust on the V6S?

Thanks,
Jay

Old 12-21-2015, 12:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Anyone have a picture - like that of the "Original" and "Capristo" above - of the exhaust on the V6S?

Thanks,
Jay
Courtesy of Foosh:https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...9/#post1167576

Old 01-04-2016, 02:24 PM
Jaguar Forums Editor
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Front Page News!

wow indeed. Had to cover this one for the front page!
Jaguar F-Type Menacing Modified Exhaust - JaguarForums

Old 01-04-2016, 02:38 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Smile Guys .....

I personally don't like the sound. I'd never swap out the factory exhust for this aftermarket exhaust. To my ears, sounds like crap. I'm surprised German aftermarket companies arent making exhaust cans for the F Type. In my opinion the best German company making exhaust cans is KELLENERS.
I bought then for my BMW M5 in the past, wow ...!!!
The sound is simply ferocious !