F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car is built, but where is it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 09:13 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Car is built, but where is it?

My car is built and I have a VIN, but when I went to W & W Shipping and put in the vin number it said "No Records Found". Dealer has 4/24 as Requested Delivery Date. Is this common to get this response for awhile? Dealer also said that he doesn't have a price yet, not until he gets the invoice when the ship docks next month. All sound familiar? Cecil.............

Old 03-12-2015, 09:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by qictrk
My car is built and I have a VIN, but when I went to W & W Shipping and put in the vin number it said "No Records Found". Dealer has 4/24 as Requested Delivery Date. Is this common to get this response for awhile? Dealer also said that he doesn't have a price yet, not until he gets the invoice when the ship docks next month. All sound familiar? Cecil.............
Others may have better info, but other threads indicate the cars go off the radar after they leave the plant and before they get loaded on-board which could be 1-2 weeks or maybe more. What was the build date?

As of last Friday your dealer knows what he/she ordered and knows exactly what the invoice and msrp prices are for car and options. My dealer was able to put the pricing together last Saturday even though he can't enter the order for a 6 speed until the end of this month (fingers crossed). Tell the dealer to look at the email sent to them at 3:39 pm EST last Friday from JLR.

Last edited by Unhingd; 03-12-2015 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Its still a bit early for your car to be on the boat. Mine wasn't loaded until 2/17 with an estimated delivery date of 3/20, so you're looking at a month prior. My dealer has also sworn that they cannot provide me the official price of my car until he gets the invoice when the vehicle leaves the port on route to the dealership, which is frustrating when i know how much the MSRP is based on simple math.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:43 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Some cars also might never show up on the W&W tracking site. Mine never did. Arrived on schedule.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:55 AM

I guess I need to just be a little more patient, not much I can do anyway. Thanks, Cecil.....

Old 03-13-2015, 01:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

I guess I need to just be a little more patient, not much I can do anyway. Thanks, Cecil.....
I feel your pain!

Old 03-13-2015, 06:29 AM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Others may have better info, but other threads indicate the cars go off the radar after they leave the plant and before they get loaded on-board which could be 1-2 weeks or maybe more. What was the build date?.
Lance is correct. Say it's a day or two to get to the port, then it can sit there for maybe 3, 6 or 10 until the right boat (depends on the final destination) gets there. Then it takes a day or two for the VIN to shop up in the WW system. Just keep checking and hopefully one day you'll have that little quiet smile on your face when you find out she's underway.

Although this for a BMW, the marine leg would still apply.......

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/07/14/ho...d-to-delivery/

Last edited by DuhCar; 03-13-2015 at 06:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
qictrk (03-13-2015)
Old 03-13-2015, 01:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

hopefully all the port strikes isn't delaying your car!

Old 03-13-2015, 02:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

BTW qictrk, noticed you're in Aptos. If you're free March 21 join us for our F-Type drive in your Caddie! As future F-Typer we'd love to meet you and see your current beast.

Old 03-13-2015, 03:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by shift
hopefully all the port strikes isn't delaying your car!
Does Jaguar deliver to west coast ports?

Old 03-13-2015, 03:59 PM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Yes, if it's on a WW boat.

IRRBrogue (11-06-2015)
Old 03-13-2015, 04:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen
Does Jaguar deliver to west coast ports..?
Yes, Port Hueneme is where they are delivered...

Old 03-20-2015, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

Did you find your car yet?

as noted in other threads, since yours appears to be a 2016 AWD R Coupe... They are being held at Port for some unknown reason. (of course your might still be on the way to port)

Old 03-20-2015, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by TXJagR
Did you find your car yet?

as noted in other threads, since yours appears to be a 2016 AWD R Coupe... They are being held at Port for some unknown reason. (of course your might still be on the way to port)

Yes, I found it and its suppose to leave port tomorrow. Should arrive in PORT HUENEME, CA on 4/12. Things are looking good. I will check again tomorrow to see if it left port. Cecil...............

Old 03-21-2015, 02:56 PM
Veteran Member

Yes, I found it and its suppose to leave port tomorrow. Should arrive in PORT HUENEME, CA on 4/12. Things are looking good. I will check again tomorrow to see if it left port. Cecil...............
Well, I'm curious to know if your car is on its way. The SHIP mine was supposed to be loaded on is on its way, but when I checked the actual status of the "cargo" with the VIN... Mine was "Returned to Shipper"

I guess I'd rather have it safe at Jaguar than having it held at port if there is a hold up. I just wonder why it was "returned to shipper"

Old 03-21-2015, 04:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Well, I'm curious to know if your car is on its way. The SHIP mine was supposed to be loaded on is on its way, but when I checked the actual status of the "cargo" with the VIN... Mine was "Returned to Shipper"

I guess I'd rather have it safe at Jaguar than having it held at port if there is a hold up. I just wonder why it was "returned to shipper"
We've seen this several times before. It happened to a number of people last fall when there were large number of forum member R-Coupes ready to be shipped. It turned out to be no big deal for all of them and resolved within a few days.

Old 03-21-2015, 05:04 PM

I just checked again and it was just loaded on the vessel today. Cecil..........

TXJagR (03-21-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 05:55 PM
Veteran Member

I just checked again and it was just loaded on the vessel today. Cecil..........
Thanks, makes me feel a lot better. Glad to know yours shipped. Hopefully the ship was just full and I will be on the next one. Quite relieved to know there isn't a stealth recall going on.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:07 PM

Thanks, makes me feel a lot better. Glad to know yours shipped. Hopefully the ship was just full and I will be on the next one. Quite relieved to know there isn't a stealth recall going on.

I never said it shipped. It got loaded. Who knows how long it sits on the ship. Cecil..........

Old 03-21-2015, 10:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

I never said it shipped. It got loaded. Who knows how long it sits on the ship. Cecil..........
Those ships don't sit still for very long, unless they have a mechanical problem that prevents their departure. Once loaded it should be underway the next day or two.

Quick Reply: Car is built, but where is it?