Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Cover

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 03:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Prophizee
Just some advice brother I wouldnt drag the cover on the ground or let it touch the ground. Can cause some serious scratches. Just some info
It's so funny.... I had thought about reshooting it because it was going to trigger people. Yeah, even watching it I was like "well shouldn't shoot a video after a) two gin and tonic, b) without looking where the word "jaguar" was.

that dragging of the cover is bad form. lol

Old 05-08-2017, 03:27 PM
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
It's so funny.... I had thought about reshooting it because it was going to trigger people. Yeah, even watching it I was like "well shouldn't shoot a video after a) two gin and tonic, b) without looking where the word "jaguar" was.

that dragging of the cover is bad form. lol
hahahhaha that is funny just looking out for fellow forum brethren

Old 05-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by TR64ever

Garage was repainted and floor refinished after the leaky Triumph left. Hate the car cover - more fun to wash the car when it gets dirty

I used the factory cover once in two years. So much more fun to take her out, get her dirty and hand wash her... dirty American garage <br/>
Send me a pm if you want to sell it. I'll be storing my car out in dusty/gritty SoCal for 3 months and need some protection.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:40 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Curious if anyone has used a car storage bag. I'll be storing my car in a barn this winter, which very likely has rodents. Rather than mess around with moth *****, etc., why not seal it up?

Moisture/condensation is an obvious issue - this one includes a desiccant block. And the humidity would likely be low when I'd seal it up.
Rhino Shelter - CarPocket?
I emailed them to ask if the use of a battery tender is safe inside the bag - I tend to think so. Not much evolved hydrogen gas in a big volume, and the material is highly likely to be pretty transparent to hydrogen.

This one is a whole lot more money, but includes a digital hygrometer.
https://www.autopyjama.com/permabag-engl/cars/

Old 10-18-2017, 06:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

CarCapsule CC12 - CarCapsule Indoor Vehicle Storage System - FREE SHIPPING!

I considered one like this last year. How much is the permabag?

Old 10-18-2017, 09:24 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

750 pounds, I think.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had purchased a custom cover for my FTYPE V8S and i absolutely hated it. I had so many scratches on the paint, perhaps it was just a bad cover? I believe I paid around $200 for it

Old 10-21-2017, 05:03 PM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Just got a pretty generic black cover for my F-Type and to avoid some of the trouble of figuring out front vs side vs rear, I decided to get a couple iron on patches. So I got a growler for the front and ironed it on where the grill growler is and a leaper for the back where the leaper is on the trunk. Couple pics attached and it helps me a little bit to figure out which end is which. I tried to find an 'S' iron on patch as well, but couldn't find anything that wasn't a sticker or chrome.

I'm sure others are much more creative out there, but my car is stored inside in the winter so I didn't need an amazingly protective cover.

Old 10-21-2017, 05:40 PM
Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
Curious if anyone has used a car storage bag. I'll be storing my car in a barn this winter, which very likely has rodents. Rather than mess around with moth *****, etc., why not seal it up?

Moisture/condensation is an obvious issue - this one includes a desiccant block. And the humidity would likely be low when I'd seal it up.
Rhino Shelter - CarPocket?
I emailed them to ask if the use of a battery tender is safe inside the bag - I tend to think so. Not much evolved hydrogen gas in a big volume, and the material is highly likely to be pretty transparent to hydrogen.

This one is a whole lot more money, but includes a digital hygrometer.
https://www.autopyjama.com/permabag-engl/cars/
I would absolutely not trust anything like this to keep rodents out....they will chew through fabric, tarps, anything they can get their teeth on or into....how do I know this? I've had car covers, pool covers, seat cushion covers, seats (motorcycle, lawnmower, car, etc.) all chewed into. The only sure thing is hard plastic, wood, metal or glass....and even the hard plastic and wood have been chewed through by the larger rodents like chipmunks. Over the years I have found the only way to get good protection is with baited traps checked and maintained on a regular basis. Right now I'm getting 1-4 mice a day in the barn and have no idea how they keep getting in. Peanut butter and good traps until they stop seeking indoor shelter is the way to go Dave.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:15 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

The guy whose barn I'll be using says he does put out traps and has a cat. None of his clients has had an issue. Not sure I want to put mothballs, etc inside the sealed bag.

Thanks for the advice!

Old 10-22-2017, 08:51 AM
Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
The guy whose barn I'll be using says he does put out traps and has a cat. None of his clients has had an issue. Not sure I want to put mothballs, etc inside the sealed bag.

Thanks for the advice!
There's a dust like product I've used with some success that you sprinkle on the ground/floor and it irritates their noses so they head the other way. Might give that a try around the car as a last line of defense.