F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car go boom

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 01:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going through same issues in Illinois w my dealer...blown engine also...

Old 07-31-2014, 08:05 AM
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Tkindt
Going through same issues in Illinois w my dealer...blown engine also...
Details?
Which engine? Miles?
Have they said if it was a rod/connector?

They never said specifically what mine was - and the engine showed up the same day I picked my new one up.

I hope for your sake it goes more smoothly than mine did, and fewer strings need to get pulled.

Last edited by omgomg; 07-31-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a v6s convertible w under 3k miles....car sounded the same way as yours...like cans dragging behind car....I was on the highway and almost got killed...dealer is saying they will repair it and I want a new v8s...told me I have to deal w jaguar direct...placed call like u did yesterday and rep said they will get back to me in two days...ridiculous ...I have purchased 4 new jaguars in the last 3 years for my family...frustrated

Old 07-31-2014, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Tkindt
I was on the highway and almost got killed
Wow, hope you are safe (I assume so, given you are around to talk about it) - sounds like yours may have been more dramatic than mine - mine kept getting worse, but never blew through the oil pan or anything.

My Coupe R actually cost less than my convertible did new, but it wasn't a one-for-one swap for me, but I was okay with that.

Not sure if you need to make a bigger stink if you want a one-for-one swap - I was okay with the deal I finally got, but very frustrated along the way.

It sounds like you are making the correct moves early on, hopefully you can get it resolved quickly.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:29 PM

A friend on FB said that he travels for work and he just talked to a coworker in Louisiana with a V8S convertible and the engine is seized up and waiting on engine replacement.

This isn't a new engine - what is different about the F-Type setup that creates this?

Old 08-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by omgomg
A friend on FB said that he travels for work and he just talked to a coworker in Louisiana with a V8S convertible and the engine is seized up and waiting on engine replacement.

This isn't a new engine - what is different about the F-Type setup that creates this?
One change that I am aware of is that my XKR, built 2010, same engine, specified 5-30 synthetic oil, which is thin enough.. the new Ftype R is 0-20 weight which seems really thin for any high performance engine, regardless of the oil being synthetic and the latest technology. I believe the reason for the thin oil is to help meet the new fuel mileage requirements. I'm not sure of the V-6 weight recommended, likely the same. I've posted this notion before of the oil being too thin and I do realize that the newer engines are built to tighter tolerance and the oil being improved, so I could be bringing up a point that has nothing to do with these perceived problems.
Concerning your note, an engine that is actually seized would possibly indicate overheating and being driven until it seized..?
I have been on other forums with other cars and sometimes it seems that the engines or transmissions or whatever, are breaking down on all the cars as you only usually hear about the problems, across a small sample of owners. Anyway, hopefully not a trend and also that yours gets sorted quickly.
Lawrence.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:12 PM

Mine as sorted - was just using this as a reference thread to ask - and maybe the oil is the outlier.

But agreed, perhaps just Baader-Meinhof
List of cognitive biases - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by omgomg

Things break sometimes.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by bobby emm
Things break sometimes.
Never occurred to me, thanks!