Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car parts & due diligence

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2023, 02:34 PM
Received 223 Likes on 125 Posts
Default car parts & due diligence

Hi Guys,
Ill be the first to say it. Why doesnt anyone (very smart educated members of this great message board) want to acknowledge the BIG pink elephant in the room.
This person is seeking to purchase "forged" pistons" for his F Type sports car. He doesnt wish to purchase Chinese Asian made part, for his British sports car. Very understandable to say the least.
Heres the thread link;
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...j133-sc-268995/

There are other F Type sports car parts providers, who offer parts that are Asia/Chinese made.
So I wonder, doesnt the potential customer want to know the truth of where that particular part originates from, where its actually made.
Its in the person's best interest to do his/her own Due Diligence, to determine the quality of the part, along with where the part was made. Why waist your hard earned money on a poor quality item, which ultimately will disappoint you in the end. Its very obvious you members are extremely smart, educated and pragmatic.
This is not meant as a criticism of any kind, but rather an honest positive message for everyone.
Thank you for reading my message.

The following 3 users liked this post by Turko:
autotech54 (04-20-2023), sov211 (04-20-2023), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (04-20-2023)
Old 04-20-2023, 07:53 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

totaly agree mate
i see peapol happy to put Chinese essential parts to they're engines like water pump or conrod bearings or oil pumps
I never sow a Chinese part that works good. its true that we don't have lot of choices but like for bearings I found a good brand works for our engines KING bearing and for rings I found Hastings rings and I prefer this than Chinese out of tolerance stuff

The following 2 users liked this post by autotech54:
Supersprint Sport Exhausts (04-21-2023), Turko (04-21-2023)
Old 04-21-2023, 01:20 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree that a person should do their due diligence in researching what they purchase no matter what it is they are purchasing. I must say as a small manufacture of products it is very hard not to use Chinese materials and parts in the building of products.
Chinese parts are like most other parts some good some bad, it is the job of the person buying the parts to make sure they do the quality control needed to provide a quality product which is hard for the average person to do.
I would like to see all my components come from the USA because this is where I live and I happen to believe that we make better stuff, whether that is the actual case or not. I am a big USA fan and in the past would not buy anything that was not made in the USA until I could not find the items I needed like clothes, shoes and such. I did find a boot manufacturer that makes great boots that are twice what a regular pair of boots cost and I still buy them, my wife shakes her head.
Anyway, before I purchased my Jaguar, I read that in 2014 JLR is in partnership with Tata motors and Chery in China so it would be safe to assume some of the Chinese parts are already in the Jag.

The following users liked this post: