Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber Deployable Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 03:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by Stwsam
gee, it has only be a year since you asked a question. PM me if your are still interested and I will hook you up with ACP.
Stwsam; I saw you sold your f type over on BAT (I think it is you?). Are you working on another Jaguar project? That f type project was nicely done!

Old 03-06-2019, 09:18 AM
Received 114 Likes on 79 Posts

I did and I am. I have and I know this might sound silly, started a custom XE-S build. Today I am having a new hood I had fabricated installed. XE guys are not too big into moding yet so I miss the f type banter, but I have this love for modern jags and what can be done, especially with the V-6 motor cars. I have been quite impressed with the XE handling. The hood is a standard XE aluminum hood I bought new. The new factory hood was less than what the ebay crackers wanted for damaged ones. I am adding a classic look to it versus the modern plastic venting inserts. I cut the hood apart and used Posies Customs in Hummelstown PA to punch the louvres. Thanks for asking, I miss all the f type guys and gals!

the hood is being installed today. I'm documenting this on the XE forum.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:22 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Nice. While I only have the XE 25t, I too have been very pleased with its handling and ride, with the caveat that I keep all-seasons on it, so I don't press it too hard. I was pretty surprised the first time I put it in D+S on some twisty backroads - more fun that I expected.

Old 03-07-2019, 05:27 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,482 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
Nice. While I only have the XE 25t, I too have been very pleased with its handling and ride, with the caveat that I keep all-seasons on it, so I don't press it too hard. I was pretty surprised the first time I put it in D+S on some twisty backroads - more fun that I expected.
Shouldn't be too surprising - it's a Jaguar, after all, and they do concentrate on handling (maybe at the expense of other aspects!).