F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers Install Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 12:47 PM
Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by MI-FType
I changed my side vents and hood louvers as well... they were also very easy to do. I have my eyes on the CF aero and front splitter blades, but the kit is $2,500. Not sure that the 3 small pieces are worth it.
Can you elaborate on how you removed the old side vents (and hood vents)? I purchased a set of CF side vents and I have 2 different sets of installation instructions from Jaguar. One set says to drill a 3/8" hole in the back part of the vent, snake a cable tie through it and rip it off the car! I don't like the thought of doing that, I worry about bending the aluminum panels. The other instructions say to reach behind the vent with a tool and release the spring clips to remove the vents, but I don't see how you can get any tool or shim behind the vents. How did you remove yours? Where you able to save the old vents intact?
Thanks, Wayne

Old 01-01-2015, 11:50 AM
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine went on the 3K range, but the dealer installed those. With my neighbor that bought a white one as well. I do need to differentiate a bit, now I am looking on the Design Pack.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by WayneB
Can you elaborate on how you removed the old side vents (and hood vents)? I purchased a set of CF side vents and I have 2 different sets of installation instructions from Jaguar. One set says to drill a 3/8" hole in the back part of the vent, snake a cable tie through it and rip it off the car! I don't like the thought of doing that, I worry about bending the aluminum panels. The other instructions say to reach behind the vent with a tool and release the spring clips to remove the vents, but I don't see how you can get any tool or shim behind the vents. How did you remove yours? Where you able to save the old vents intact?
Thanks, Wayne
Side vent install: Lift the hood, open the door, mask off the area all around side vent (top & bottom) to prevent any possible scratches... Insert a trim removal tool at the top, center of the vent and with some force, begin prying the tool back along the top of the vent. The top clips will pop off without breaking. This will not dent the aluminum... It's very rigid at the top and behind the vent. Slide the trim removal tool down farther behind the vent while pulling it forward to snap off the bottom clips... most of them will break off (unless you were to pry from the bottom up, but this would inevitably damage your paint or possibly dent your fender). The vents aren't worth saving anyway and are the least expensive type to purchase if you ever wanted to go back.

The replacement vent then snaps right on with no issues.

The hood vents are much easier... lift the hood, push the clips in toward the center of the vent and they pop right off. The clips will not break and these can be saved. Just make sure you hold the vent on the opposite side of the hood so it doesn't pop off, slide down the open hood and scratch the paint.

The replacement vent then snaps right on with no issues.

I replaced all of my pieces in less than an hour.

The following users liked this post:
WayneB (01-01-2015)