F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber Side Sills / Rear Diffuser / Hood Ventss

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 08:54 AM
Received 190 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber Side Sills / Rear Diffuser / Hood Ventss

Anyone have photos of these on their F-TYPE or know where they can be purchased. They're challenging to find

Old 03-16-2021, 01:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,000 Likes on 747 Posts

I've got the hood vents, power vents (silly name, if you ask me), and rear valence (diffuser), but it's a V6 and RWD, so only the power vents would be the same as your V8 AWD. Nevertheless, I can get some pictures if you'd like. I wasn't aware of carbon fiber sills.

When I got the pieces recently I did look to see if the V8 valence was available and they did not show it. I think they only had what was being closed out. They did say that if the part was listed, they were still showing as available so the lack of listing isn't encouraging. Not that this was Rimmer Bros. in the UK and I didn't search elsewhere. Closeout prices were quite attractive though

Old 03-16-2021, 02:20 PM
Received 224 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
I've got the hood vents, power vents (silly name, if you ask me), and rear valence (diffuser), but it's a V6 and RWD, so only the power vents would be the same as your V8 AWD. Nevertheless, I can get some pictures if you'd like. I wasn't aware of carbon fiber sills.

When I got the pieces recently I did look to see if the V8 valence was available and they did not show it. I think they only had what was being closed out. They did say that if the part was listed, they were still showing as available so the lack of listing isn't encouraging. Not that this was Rimmer Bros. in the UK and I didn't search elsewhere. Closeout prices were quite attractive though
I have the carbon power vents and would like to get the hood louvres but they seem to be around $1000-$1300 everywhere - anyone know of a place to get them cheaper? I have a 2016 - I have seen the 2014/15 listed for quite a bit less.

Old 03-16-2021, 02:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by gg2684
I have the carbon power vents and would like to get the hood louvres but they seem to be around $1000-$1300 everywhere - anyone know of a place to get them cheaper? I have a 2016 - I have seen the 2014/15 listed for quite a bit less.
I got mine here. I see the AWD ones are still regular price, while the RWD ones are clearly at closeout pricing.

Old 03-16-2021, 10:35 PM
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought my hood vents from Adamesh, I did order the side vents from Adamesh as well but they ran out of stock so I purchased them from Rimmer Bros.

Haven't found a rear diffuser for a V8 that has tempted me enough to place an order yet.

Old 03-17-2021, 05:39 AM
Received 224 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by V8SPitt
I bought my hood vents from Adamesh, I did order the side vents from Adamesh as well but they ran out of stock so I purchased them from Rimmer Bros.

Haven't found a rear diffuser for a V8 that has tempted me enough to place an order yet.
I tried adamesh and they were about the same $1200 for the hood vents - I like them, but not that much - Rimmer has a great price in the power Vents though. I bought mine new a couple dollars cheaper on the forum marketplace but very close. I get that the cars arent cheap and the parts wont be either, but the mirror caps and hood louvres are ridiculously expensive with virtually no justification. If you want to get your R&D money back, price them at $400 and sell 5 times as many.

Old 03-17-2021, 09:36 AM
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

When I purchased mine they had some attractive pricing for the V8 RWD products, probably a lot lower demand than other models

Old 03-17-2021, 10:09 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

lizzardo, I would be interested in seeing some pics (fellow V6er here). I would really like to get a new rear diffuser/valence but like OP, having a hard time locating some vendors.

Old 03-17-2021, 02:24 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by BarneysFType
lizzardo, I would be interested in seeing some pics (fellow V6er here). I would really like to get a new rear diffuser/valence but like OP, having a hard time locating some vendors.
Here's one I'd posted here just after installation. The cover for the transportation eye is missing in the picture. It was missing from the shipment, and for NOS it was never going to be found. The vendor kicked back a few quid and I fabricated one from carbon fiber sheet.

EDIT: They made clear that when these are gone, they're not coming back.

The following 2 users liked this post by lizzardo:
Jaguar1611 (03-18-2021), tzitzos (04-01-2021)
Old 04-01-2021, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's one I'd posted here just after installation. The cover for the transportation eye is missing in the picture. It was missing from the shipment, and for NOS it was never going to be found. The vendor kicked back a few quid and I fabricated one from carbon fiber sheet.

EDIT: They made clear that when these are gone, they're not coming back.

Hi lizzardo,
Can you post some more fotos for the rear carbon diffuser of your car?
I really like it and interested to purchase one.

My f-type is like this. It's compatible your diffuser or it needs other parts also?
Thx for
George

Old 04-01-2021, 12:39 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by tzitzos
Hi lizzardo,
Can you post some more fotos for the rear carbon diffuser of your car?
I really like it and interested to purchase one.

My f-type is like this. It's compatible your diffuser or it needs other parts also?
Here's another:

It looks compatible, but I can't say with certainty. Note that your reverse/rear fog lights look different than those on the replacement, but the replacement came with lights. I had to reuse a couple of screws that hold the lights, but my original lights also looked like these.

EDIT: The replacement for the missing cover is visible left of center, but mostly because of the low angle. The carbon fiber weave doesn't match exactly (right style, but spacing a bit off), but hopefully it was only mine that was missing that piece. I see also that yours looks matte finish, where my original was gloss.

Last edited by lizzardo; 04-01-2021 at 12:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
tzitzos (04-01-2021)
Old 04-01-2021, 03:17 PM

thx lizzardo for the help.
i really like it.
i wanted to change mine to make it look like the v8 version but after make some research it will cost to much , have also to change the exhaust
and i let it go.

i haven't understand if your fog/reverse lights to your original bumper was like mine before you instal the carbon diffuser?
or you had already the sport trim something like the photo below that already have the lights of the carbon.
and last for installation you have to take off all the bumper or can be installed with the bumper on the car?

Old 04-01-2021, 04:03 PM
Veteran Member

thx lizzardo for the help.
i really like it.
i wanted to change mine to make it look like the v8 version but after make some research it will cost to much , have also to change the exhaust
and i let it go.

i haven't understand if your fog/reverse lights to your original bumper was like mine before you instal the carbon diffuser?
or you had already the sport trim something like the photo below that already have the lights of the carbon.
and last for installation you have to take off all the bumper or can be installed with the bumper on the car?
My original rear diffuser had the same lights as the new one. I'm not sure if yours are different because of year, or because of market. My original (apologies, as it's not the best picture):

Installation was straightforward. I put the rear on ramps for better access. Wait a minute. I'll be right back ...

OK. I'm back after scanning the instructions to PDF. Hopefully I've successfully attached it. It says half an hour. I took longer because there was a lot of road grit to clean up and mine was missing the little cover. I tried to shave the stock one down a bit to make it fit. It doesn't. I ended up getting some glossy stock, 3mm think, if memory serves, and fabricating one.

In the PDF, the drawing on the page identified as "1/3" looks more like yours than mine did.

EDIT: The PDF didn't seem to attach. I'll try again.

MORE EDIT: It says it's attaching but then seems to do nothing. It might be too big, but I don't see an error. It might also be that I don't know what I'm doing. That's always a possibility.

Last edited by lizzardo; 04-01-2021 at 04:25 PM.
tzitzos (04-02-2021)
Old 04-02-2021, 04:39 AM

My original rear diffuser had the same lights as the new one. I'm not sure if yours are different because of year, or because of market. My original (apologies, as it's not the best picture):

Installation was straightforward. I put the rear on ramps for better access. Wait a minute. I'll be right back ...

OK. I'm back after scanning the instructions to PDF. Hopefully I've successfully attached it. It says half an hour. I took longer because there was a lot of road grit to clean up and mine was missing the little cover. I tried to shave the stock one down a bit to make it fit. It doesn't. I ended up getting some glossy stock, 3mm think, if memory serves, and fabricating one.

In the PDF, the drawing on the page identified as "1/3" looks more like yours than mine did.

EDIT: The PDF didn't seem to attach. I'll try again.

MORE EDIT: It says it's attaching but then seems to do nothing. It might be too big, but I don't see an error. It might also be that I don't know what I'm doing. That's always a possibility.

Thx lizzardo
really appreciate your help.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member

Thx lizzardo
really appreciate your help.
Always glad to help. One other note: I was impressed by the quality of the part and how perfectly it fit. I was expecting to have to wrangle with it a bit, but all the little tabs were just right.

tzitzos (04-02-2021)