F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CarPlay for 2017 Jaguar F-Type Premium

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 06:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CarPlay for 2017 Jaguar F-Type Premium

I have had my 2017 Jaguar F-Type Premium for about 3 weeks now and I am loving it but one think I cannot get used to is the navigation system. The biggest disadvantage with the navigation system is the fact that it does not get up to date traffic conditions and reroute based on these conditions like Apple Maps does due to being connected to the internet. My previous car had CarPlay which spoiled me because in terms of changing music and using the GPS, it was much nicer than the system Jaguar has. Has anyone else had this problem and are there any ways to get it to work with CarPlay?

Old 10-12-2017, 06:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by NickMcCandless
I have had my 2017 Jaguar F-Type Premium for about 3 weeks now and I am loving it but one think I cannot get used to is the navigation system. The biggest disadvantage with the navigation system is the fact that it does not get up to date traffic conditions and reroute based on these conditions like Apple Maps does due to being connected to the internet. My previous car had CarPlay which spoiled me because in terms of changing music and using the GPS, it was much nicer than the system Jaguar has. Has anyone else had this problem and are there any ways to get it to work with CarPlay?
That’s odd. On my 2016, the NAV will reroute based on traffic conditions. Do you have the settings set properly?

Old 10-12-2017, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
That’s odd. On my 2016, the NAV will reroute based on traffic conditions. Do you have the settings set properly?
Really? I have not seen this and the ETA is always WAY off because they speculate it assuming no traffic vs an Apple Maps which knows the traffic conditions and provides accurate ETA. Where in Settings would I check this?

Old 10-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts

Mine also shows traffic and will reroute. This is defeatable by pressing the screen.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Buckingham
Mine also shows traffic and will reroute. This is defeatable by pressing the screen.
Doing some google searching it seems you have to have a SIM card in your navigation unit for it to do this if it has the Pro version of the navigation unit. How do I find out which version I have and if mine supports this?

Old 10-12-2017, 07:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Doing some google searching it seems you have to have a SIM card in your navigation unit for it to do this if it has the Pro version of the navigation unit. How do I find out which version I have and if mine supports this?
Oh...maybe you dont get that feature with the Base or Premium. It may just be on the R&S or part of a convenience option I have on the S.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Oh...maybe you dont get that feature with the Base or Premium. It may just be on the R&S or part of a convenience option I have on the S.
Bummer this sucks! I just wish they supported CarPlay because now I will have to resort to using my phone screen if I cant get traffic onto my Jaguar navigation system. How do others do it? Pretty disappointing for a $70k car.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:32 AM
Received 297 Likes on 165 Posts

Use Genius Maps or Sygic Car Navigation apps with incontrol.

Old 10-13-2017, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by malbec
I have tried both of these and they are both pretty bad to be honest

Old 10-13-2017, 11:38 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Bummer this sucks! I just wish they supported CarPlay because now I will have to resort to using my phone screen if I cant get traffic onto my Jaguar navigation system. How do others do it? Pretty disappointing for a $70k car.
You're really not missing out on anything- Usually, the rerouting is just as awful as the original or even worse.

You could always get a third-party system that supports CarPlay, but then you'd miss out on all the other infotainment things. The only thing I ever really use it for is the backup camera though.. I wonder if that could be sent over to the other display. Usually just a standard RCA output right?

Most people just mount and use their phones somewhere near their field of vision I believe.

Old 10-15-2017, 02:57 PM
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts

Your dealer must have an IT guy who should have shown you all the electronics. Make an appointment with him and he can tell you what you have and how to work it.

Old 08-02-2019, 09:14 PM
Default Sygic Navigation

Originally Posted by malbec
I have Sygic. When connected thru my iPhone to the Jag nav system, the sound is disabled! Useless

Old 08-03-2019, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Cbitugs
I have Sygic. When connected thru my iPhone to the Jag nav system, the sound is disabled! Useless
You have to select iPod as the sound source.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:35 PM

How do you select iPod as the sound source?

Thanks

Old 08-03-2019, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cbitugs
How do you select iPod as the sound source?

Thanks
Push the button ....right side second one down... then on screen top left select source.
.Then this screen will appear.
However you can’t listen to the radio at the same time, but you can listen to anything on your iPhone.

Last edited by malbec; 08-04-2019 at 06:45 AM.
Old 08-05-2019, 05:48 PM

Thanks. I’ll try it.