Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cars and Coffee San Francisco One Year Anniversary Event 6/6/15

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 11:05 AM
Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Cars and Coffee San Francisco One Year Anniversary Event 6/6/15

For those in the Bay Area,

Anyone planning on going to the One-Year Anniversary Event for Cars and Coffee San Francisco on Treasure Island this weekend? I was planning on checking it out as there are over 500 people to attend.

https://www.facebook.com/events/855891457815838/

If any other F-Type owners are planning on it, I wouldn't mind meeting up prior to so we could caravan together.

Cheers.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:52 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by elude
For those in the Bay Area,

Anyone planning on going to the One-Year Anniversary Event for Cars and Coffee San Francisco on Treasure Island this weekend? I was planning on checking it out as there are over 500 people to attend.

https://www.facebook.com/events/855891457815838/

If any other F-Type owners are planning on it, I wouldn't mind meeting up prior to so we could caravan together.

Cheers.
Hmm, I've been waiting for them to announce the next date. In fact I'm still not seeing it on the CafeSpa SF Cars & Coffee FB page.

Not sure I can make it with the late notice, particularly since I already have a commitment on Saturday at noon, but I am going to try. Too bad it isn't on Sunday, I'd be there for sure.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Elude, I'm going. If you are up for it, would love to film/photo your car (I'm into video/photography as a hobby). I have 3 GoPros that I'll mount on my car and film you as we drive from SF to TI. We can meet somewhere along the Embarcadero/SOMA area. I'll probably drive the MCS for this purpose (plus it's easier for taking the puppy along).

BTW, The CafeSpa page is outdated. They've moved to this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cars...esanfrancisco/

BTW, don't forget about the Jaguar BMC Drive next week. Different than Cars and Coffee since you'll actually be driving

Old 06-04-2015, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by shift
BTW, The CafeSpa page is outdated. They've moved to this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cars...esanfrancisco/
I never saw an announcement about that page being switched to a new one, so I didn't have the new page marked. I figured it out from the earlier event notice though. Thanks for the confirmation.
BTW, don't forget about the Jaguar BMC Drive next week. Different than Cars and Coffee since you'll actually be driving
I'm planning to be there.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:45 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Merlin
I never saw an announcement about that page being switched to a new one, so I didn't have the new page marked. I figured it out from the earlier event notice though. Thanks for the confirmation.
I'm planning to be there.
Looking forward. Haven't actually seen a 2016 AWD in person yet...

Old 06-04-2015, 02:16 PM

Looking forward. Haven't actually seen a 2016 AWD in person yet...
This was the first AWD R the dealer had received as well, not many of them out there, especially in convertible trim. Other than the different hood vents and locations, this looks pretty much the same as the other F-Type convertibles.

I'm mainly looking forward to finishing the break in period so I can really feel what this AWD can do.

Last edited by Merlin; 06-04-2015 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Merlin
This was the first AWD R the dealer had received as well, not many of them out there, especially in convertible trim. Other than the different hood vents and locations, this looks pretty much the same as the other F-Type convertibles.

I'm mainly looking forward to finishing the break in period so I can really feel what this AWD can do.

Don't forget the side skirts have gotten larger and are no longer black...

After break in, the car is an entirely different beast! Drive it in the upper RPM range and it's always very exhilarating. I love how the AWD works. Accelerating from the line, or exiting a corner is an awesome experience with literally no wheel spin. (OK, some people might miss the wheel spin, but I prefer the super solid traction!)

Old 06-04-2015, 05:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by TXJagR
Don't forget the side skirts have gotten larger and are no longer black...making the car basically look like a beached whale!
Fixed it for you...sorry OP...couldn't resist,lol!

Old 06-04-2015, 05:08 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Albeit a very sexy beached whale...

Old 06-04-2015, 05:25 PM

Don't forget the side skirts have gotten larger and are no longer black...
The default body color skirts, hood vents, mirrors, and front splitter just look wrong on a white car (in my opinion anyway.) Mine will be black soon... or possibly carbon fiber wrapped.

After break in, the car is an entirely different beast! Drive it in the upper RPM range and it's always very exhilarating. I love how the AWD works. Accelerating from the line, or exiting a corner is an awesome experience with literally no wheel spin. (OK, some people might miss the wheel spin, but I prefer the super solid traction!)
Looking forward to it! I'm not interested in drifting or melting my tires, so I'm glad to have the AWD. The car feels more planted and stable.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:36 PM
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

See you all there tomorrow - wife and I are coming from Sac.

Old 06-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SillyPuppy
See you all there tomorrow - wife and I are coming from Sac.
cool. There's a caravan that's driving in from Livermore. Apparently there will be some very very high end cars in the caravan (e.g., P1). A little out of your way from Sacramento, but might be fun to join them. It's posted in the FB group. I might (if I wake up early enough) drive to Livermore to film the caravan.

Old 06-05-2015, 04:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

I'll be here with the '28 roadster...sold out event,awesome venue for a car show,perhaps the best I've ever been to!
http://www.capitolacarshow.com/

Old 06-05-2015, 04:08 PM

Hmm, couldn't find the info on the Livermore caravan on the Facebook event page. No worries, though - leaving the house just before 7 to get to the event on time, going straight from the house, is about as much as I can ask of the wife on a Saturday morning!

See you there!

Old 06-05-2015, 05:09 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SillyPuppy
Hmm, couldn't find the info on the Livermore caravan on the Facebook event page. No worries, though - leaving the house just before 7 to get to the event on time, going straight from the house, is about as much as I can ask of the wife on a Saturday morning!

See you there!
did you bribe your wife with a shopping trip to Union Square afterwards

Old 06-05-2015, 07:17 PM

I'm laughing so hard right now! You must have already seen our plans, because that was already on the agenda for after the show: there's a gluten-free marketplace in SF she wants to check out, and then, yes, Union Square for shopping for a couple hours. The keys to a successful long-term marriage: compromise and mutual sacrifice. We each kick in a couple hours for each others' passions.

Make sure to find me at the C&C tomorrow - can't wait to meet the guy who knows us so well, without ever having met us!

Old 06-06-2015, 10:28 PM
Veteran Member

SillyPuppy,
Did you ever make it? Was looking for a V8S but only saw Elude's car, which looks great w/ the drop and wheels.
I ended up doing a little caravan and have some footage of the P1
In hindsight, should have stayed home all day (you'd understand if you read the YouTube description)
Well, hope to see you guys next week at the Jag BMC Drive...

The following users liked this post:
Unhingd (06-07-2015)
Old 06-07-2015, 02:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Except for an upside down leaper, you didn't show us the best looking car at the event.

Old 06-07-2015, 07:29 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Hope your puppy is OK - liked the shot of her looking out the window.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:46 PM

Indeed, we make it out there - left home around 6:40, arrived at 8 on the dot. Once we were in the lot, we turned right, passed the Ferrari section on the right, and parked in the lot on the right, just past those exotics. I was under one of the trees at the edge of that lot. I was near the green original Mini, same lot as the DB9 Volante and DB5. Good company great people, and we had a great time. Even the wife enjoyed it thoroughly, despite the cloud cover.

I had a chance to talk to a lot of fine folks and look forward to when my Saturday schedule is open enough for me to come out there again!

We left around 9:30, went to the Ferry Building to hit up the gluten-free bakery in there, and made our way to Union Square. Spent little time (and money, surprisingly!) there, and hoped to get lunch in the city, but as usual, parking was an impossible feat, so we ate in Berkeley on the way home.

Side note - I wish to invite F-Types out to my drive in the foothills East of Sacramento this weekend - message me for info on when and where!

Quick Reply: Cars and Coffee San Francisco One Year Anniversary Event 6/6/15