F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center Brake Light Fuse or Relay?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 01:18 PM
Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Center Brake Light Fuse or Relay?

I have a 2014 F-Type V8S, and was having some issues with a couple of dead LEDs on the center rear brake light. I since bought a new OEM replacement and replaced the unit. Now neither the old or new light work at all. The wire and connector look fine and the pins aren't bent.

Is there a fuse or relay somewhere for the middle brake light? I can't find any mention in the fuse listing.

Old 09-15-2020, 03:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 593 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by technabob
I have a 2014 F-Type V8S, and was having some issues with a couple of dead LEDs on the center rear brake light. I since bought a new OEM replacement and replaced the unit. Now neither the old or new light work at all. The wire and connector look fine and the pins aren't bent.

Is there a fuse or relay somewhere for the middle brake light? I can't find any mention in the fuse listing.
Not sure whats your problem, but can you tell me how you got the light off and how the wires connect to it, i want to tap into that wire to add a F1 style rear brake light under my rear diffuser , would you have a picture of the connections on the old light you took off

Old 09-18-2020, 06:44 AM
Default convertible - middle brake light connector up close

Originally Posted by powerhouse
Not sure whats your problem, but can you tell me how you got the light off and how the wires connect to it, i want to tap into that wire to add a F1 style rear brake light under my rear diffuser , would you have a picture of the connections on the old light you took off
I already put it back together, but access is simple - just open the rear spoiler with the spoiler button, then use a spudger to pry off the plastic cover over the light. Then there are four torx screws you have to remove - it's tight in there so it's easiest to do with a 90-degree driver or a socket wrench with a 1/4" bit holder. Once off, there's just a single - 2-prong connector. I've attached photos from the old light so you can see what the connector looks like, but it would be pretty easy to just splice into the wire that connect to it.

Old 09-18-2020, 09:45 AM
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by technabob

There is no fuse or relay. Its run off a solid state module. Wiring goes straight to central junction box. I would check your wiring and see if the signal is getting to the light when brake applied. If its only the high mount, the brake switch would be fine.

Old 09-20-2020, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rummy636
There is no fuse or relay. Its run off a solid state module. Wiring goes straight to central junction box. I would check your wiring and see if the signal is getting to the light when brake applied. If its only the high mount, the brake switch would be fine.
Thanks. Since both other brake lights still work, it must be the wiring or connector. Hope I can track down the issue without having to disassemble too much.