F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ceramic brake pads?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 09:29 AM
Received 178 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Ceramic brake pads?

I used ceramic brake pads on my xkr and it was amazing how little brake dust compared to the ftype dust storm...

I've seen a few threads discussing, but no mention of anyone actually finding and installing. I know some say they aren't as good as normal pads, but I never had an issue stopping with them and aren't planning on track use.

So, has anyone?

Old 04-05-2017, 09:33 AM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

As far as i know there are only 2 options available. posi quiet and ebc. neither are great options, but if i had to make a choice between the two, i'd go with the posi quiet.

The following users liked this post:
Greggbhill (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

I've researched this heaps over the years, and last I knew Posiquiet don't make ceramic brake pads for the F-Type 380 mm front brakes (ie High Performance or Super Performance), and I'm not so sure they do the rear pads either.
EBC definitely make true ceramic pads for both ends, and I suspect they are the only ones who do.
They will definitely reduce the brake dust a lot.
They are also much more progressive than the stock pads, with a much reduced initial bite. They will feel a bit "soft" to start with until you get used to the feel.
Overall braking performance (braking power, fade resistance etc) is on a par with the stock pads.
You can get EBC Redstuffs or Yellowstuffs, the reds are for daily drivers and normal road use, the yellows are a fair bit harder and noisier and are for occasional track use, they will fade on the track a lot less than the reds.

Greggbhill (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 10:18 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
I've researched this heaps over the years, and last I knew Posiquiet don't make ceramic brake pads for the F-Type 380 mm front brakes (ie High Performance or Super Performance), and I'm not so sure they do the rear pads either.
EBC definitely make true ceramic pads for both ends, and I suspect they are the only ones who do.
They will definitely reduce the brake dust a lot.
They are also much more progressive than the stock pads, with a much reduced initial bite. They will feel a bit "soft" to start with until you get used to the feel.
Overall braking performance (braking power, fade resistance etc) is on a par with the stock pads.
You can get EBC Redstuffs or Yellowstuffs, the reds are for daily drivers and normal road use, the yellows are a fair bit harder and noisier and are for occasional track use, they will fade on the track a lot less than the reds.
EBC has part numbers, but are the Red Stuff pads actually available? Last I checked, they had not produced the pads yet...

Twhite (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 10:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMike
EBC has part numbers, but are the Red Stuff pads actually available? Last I checked, they had not produced the pads yet...
The EBC redstuffs for the front 380 mm brakes have been available for many years, because they are the exact same brakes and pads as the XFR and XJR.
Not so sure about the F-Type rear brakes though. The High Performance rear brakes and pads are the "base" 326 mm but they are quite different to other Jag 326 mm rear brakes (such as the XF and XJ), due to the completely different EPB set-up. The Super Performance rear brakes are the same 376 mm rear brakes as on the XFR and XJR, but I don't know if the pads are the same, I suspect not again due to the different EPB set-up.