Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 10:36 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Use the Lasso of Truth on them.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:10 PM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

My character is in that scene! Can you imagine their faces if we showed up with about 5-6 of us dressed as various characters? Just thinking about it makes me laugh. Thanks, I needed that laugh!

Old 08-21-2018, 02:42 PM
Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

I do admire your patience. I had a Corvette that would leave me stranded on the side of the road or in a parking lot, not much fun waiting on a tow truck. The dealer would have the car for 2 months at a time. Finally I got tired of all the BS and traded the car in while it was at the dealers shop. Just to get rid of the Pain. I did trade it for a Nissan 300ZX twin turbo. Now I loved that car. The car was totaled when a guy in a big old Ford wagon slammed into the back of me while I was stopped at a light.

I have never owned another US made car since and this was 1990.

Good luck. I like you could forgive a lot of sins on my Jag as I think it is the best car I have ever owned.

Old 08-28-2018, 12:58 PM

So, today's update. They've re-opened the ticket with JLR and have been given some things to try today and tomorrow and if nothing new by tomorrow then the regional lead is coming to their shop to help. I don't know if that means the next step is someone from across the pond coming to look into it or not. Hopefully it won't come to that and maybe I'll get a lovely birthday present? So for now I'm still in the E-Pace and glad I'm about to park it for the holiday weekend. I'll drink a ton, Uber home (or crash on an air mattress in the office) and maybe someone will wave a magic wand and next week I'll get my girl back. It could happen, right?

I always wanted a Z car back in the day. Until now I've mostly had American (Mustangs mostly, but the last 9 years I had my Pontiac Solstice). This was my step up into something I always wanted but thought was out of my reach (plus of course I was afraid of them back in the 80s because of the electrical issues - seems the universe has a nasty sense of humor with this one). I actually never had issues with my Mustangs or the Pontiac (shockingly). The one time I decided to be a grown up and got a Volvo was a disaster.

I'm not really patient, but luckily right now there is a lot going on that is keeping me distracted and not as angry as I will start getting next week. I do love the car and that's the only thing keeping me from just selling it at a loss right now.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:48 PM
Banned
Received 425 Likes on 291 Posts

PBBarb, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I know what it feels like to have a car with issues that the experts can't solve--my brand new 2015 Maserati Ghibli was in the dealer's service department for 14 straight days and they called me to come pick it up...and it still wasn't fixed! They kept it another week before they finally hit on what ailed it. Crappy loaners and 200 miles round trip to the dealer did not make for a very happy cowboy. At least you like your ride.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:55 PM

Oh, I don't like what I'm in. It's at least smaller than the LR loaners I had previously, but it's still an SUV and I don't like driving SUVs or large cars. I love MY car when I have it.

Oh, and for those keeping score at home:
Days I've owned the car - 164
Days in the shop - 61
Days I've actually had in my possession - 103

Sigh

So when I ghost a bit it's because 1. I'm about to be involved in my biggest party/drinkfest of the year and 2. I'm getting sadder and angrier that I don't have my girl at home so seeing what I don't have just makes it that much worse. I'll still update as I have updates, and then once I've got my car back, I'll be on here a lot again.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:13 PM

Update (sort of):

Last week while I was at my 5-day party, they updated me that JLR told them to replace the alternator (remember, they did, but when it didn't change anything they put my old one back in). Then I got a further update on Friday that "He has actually figured out how to artificially duplicate the concern by making the light come on with that specific code, but he still doesn't know why/how its happening. He has reported back to JLR the above information and they are kind of guiding him along with the inspections. "

My response (that I didn't send) was "Kind of?!" I'm going to ask how they artificially duplicate the concern just out of curiosity (I doubt they'll tell me anyway) but now that my big party is done I'm back to being mad that I'm tired, hungover, my husband is out of town working and now I'm going to be sitting at home, alone on my birthday without my freaking car!

Don't mind me. I'm just feeling sorry for myself and irritated and probably just need to drink more water and get some sleep.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:28 PM
Banned
Received 325 Likes on 236 Posts

Birthday greetings from UK hopefully your belated present will be your entirely working F type

Old 09-05-2018, 09:18 AM

Thank you! This morning as I pulled in the parking deck at work the check engine light came on - ON MY LOANER. Just shoot me now please. I ended up having to cook dinner last night and it wasn't even what I wanted (but my husband thought we should do healthy instead of the nachos I wanted to make - guess what I'm going to go get for myself at lunch today?) and I have post-con blues, fighting off con crud, not happy about getting older in general, etc. Although I honestly think it's the gas cap since he took it to put gas it in for me last night so I wouldn't be even later to work this morning so I'm thinking that's all it is. So I guess my quest to test drive every single vehicle in their loaner fleet will continue. I'll probably swap it out tomorrow since I have other things going on today and early tomorrow morning. Maybe this evening the weather won't be as bad as it looks like it will be and I can at least take out my bike for a ride this evening which should make me feel better.

Old 09-10-2018, 03:48 PM

I finally swapped out my loaner this morning since the check engine light was still on. I'm now back in a Disco (but a different one from the other two I had previously). I've been told that now JLR has told them to replace the dual battery junction box (again). This was literally the first part they replaced back in May, but they've been told to replace it again. We'll see how that goes, but I'm honestly not holding out any hope at this point.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:36 AM

So the re-replacement of that part did nothing. I finally went back and looked at the very sparse records I was provided with from the seller dealer in Florida and there is a fault listed (doesn't say what the code was) and a reset performed on both batteries back in 2015. Now we have to wonder if they knew there was an issue and presented it as a CPO anyway. I guess at least that's another avenue to explore if I decided to ask one of my bosses to help me out with some further legal research (depending on how much I can get done at work today I might go ahead and start looking into the fraud angle). In the meantime, the dealer that currently has my car has a 2015 V8 on their lot (same color as mine, twice the mileage, same must have options, plus the wheels I liked better originally) and I've asked my husband to see if between corporate and Hennessy and him (I'm too close to the situation and way too emotional at the moment to do anything) they can work out something to get me moved over to that car without a ton of cash outlay. I'm tired of the whole situation and drama and just want the car I wanted in the first place. This has become a nightmare and part of me is wishing I'd just gone with the Mercedes SL or a slightly older Porsche or even the Aston Martin that I joked with him about, but this is the only car that I looked at that made me grin like a kid at Christmas (and still does anytime I actually get to drive it).

I'll update more of this drama as it unfolds.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:51 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

**** the Hennessy jaguar group they are about to wish they had just done their job, to begin with.

they have had my f-type all week for knocking pinging scraping sound from the supercharger. I have video and can replicate it on demand...yet they cannot and I've shared video and steps to reproduce it...WHICH IS JUST COLD START THE CAR

sigh....going koenigsegg next

Old 09-13-2018, 09:05 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by CSXWW
**** the Hennessy jaguar group they are about to wish they had just done their job, to begin with.

they have had my f-type all week for knocking pinging scraping sound from the supercharger. I have video and can replicate it on demand...yet they cannot and I've shared video and steps to reproduce it...WHICH IS JUST COLD START THE CAR

sigh....going koenigsegg next
Not to hijack Tina's thread - but, you've seen this?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4itzi5b6rw...Noise.pdf?dl=0

Old 09-13-2018, 09:09 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh yes I've seen it actually copied it to my service request

I don't understand why they dont perform the tsb or replace supercharger

Not hijacking her thread weve been discussing ways to get hennesay to do their job.

Old 09-13-2018, 12:47 PM

Yeah, don't worry about hijacking. In my case, I'm not even sure it's their fault completely anymore. I'm still not happy with the time it's taking though. I'm just over it. I've decided I'm too upset and too close to this to talk to any of them anymore. Luckily he's much better about that sort of thing in general anyway. I've got other stuff stressing me out enough right now, so I'm going to leave it to him and know that he will get the best result, whether it's what I think I want or not. So I'm probably going to ghost again or just give short updates for a while. If a fix is found, I will definitely update so if this were to happen to someone else at some point, we'll have a solution.

Old 09-13-2018, 02:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

It would be very interesting to know what the exact error code(s) is (are).

Old 09-13-2018, 03:04 PM

I can tell you the current one - B1402-96 (that's been the same one the whole time for me).

The sparse records I have from before doesn't say what the code is. It just has the date (11/13/2015) and "READ FAULT CODES" "BATTERY - TEST" "BATTERY - TEST" "BATTERY - POWER SUPPLY SERVICE MODE DIAGNOSTIC" "RESET BATTERY MONITORS FOR BOTH BATTERIES" and a few other things and then nothing else until the reconditioning stuff before selling to me.

Just seems odd that they were copied and pasted into an email rather than a PDF like you would usually get.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:45 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

Huh - that code isn't in OzXFR's shop manual, or the OBD document I have.

Old 09-13-2018, 04:22 PM

In TOPIx it's in the document DTC codes for the Gateway Module. Here's the text of what I found. There might be other references, but I remembered I found it there.

B1402-

Dual Battery Fuse
Box - Contactor 1 -
Component
internal failure

Dual battery
module wiring
harness fault -
Circuit reference
CONT_1_CTRL -
Circuit fault

Gateway module
wiring harness
fault - Circuit
reference V_FET
- Circuit fault

Dual battery
junction box
wiring harness
fault - Circuit
reference GND -
Circuit fault

Dual battery
module failure

Dual battery
junction box
failure

Refer to the electrical circuit diagrams and check the
contactor 1 control circuit between the dual battery
module and the dual battery junction box - Circuit
CONT_1_CTRL - Check connections are secure and wiring
integrity

Refer to the electrical circuit diagrams and check the
connection between the gateway module and the dual
battery junction box - Circuit reference V_FET - Check
connections are secure and wiring integrity

Refer to the electrical circuit diagrams and check the dual
battery junction box ground circuit - Circuit GND - Check
connections are secure and wiring integrity

If no wiring/connector faults are found, check and install a
new dual battery module. Run dual battery system
diagnostic service routine. Clear the DTC and retest

If fault persists, check and install a new dual battery
junction box. Run dual battery system diagnostic service
routine

Old 09-13-2018, 04:43 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

Ahh, assumed it was an OBD code. Thanks for posting that.

Quick Reply: Charging System Fault