F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Engine light after VAP TUNE

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 11:22 PM
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Check Engine light after VAP TUNE

As title States got a check engine light after tuning the engine . Chris said it could be a miscommunication error but for some reason my ob2 is only giving $7e8 and $7e9. Which I think is the vehicle identification. Anyone had a similar experience and what did you do

Old 12-11-2016, 04:56 AM
Received 151 Likes on 104 Posts

I had/have the same thing. Turn your car engine on and off 5 times. See if it goes away.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Prophizee
As title States got a check engine light after tuning the engine . Chris said it could be a miscommunication error but for some reason my ob2 is only giving $7e8 and $7e9. Which I think is the vehicle identification. Anyone had a similar experience and what did you do
Those codes are pointers to sub-menus.Depending on your code reader, you might have to click on that code to generate the triggered P0xxx code. If not, you need a more advanced reader with a more complete library to see what is going on.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:49 AM

Thanks guys....so I cleared the code to see if it would come back and it didn't so I think the tune just triggered it. I swapped maps from the vap to tune the svr and after flashing same thing check engine light. This time I didn't clear it. I am going to get my buddies better scanner like unhinged recommended and see if I can get the actual code

Old 12-12-2016, 12:24 AM
Received 856 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by Prophizee
Thanks guys....so I cleared the code to see if it would come back and it didn't so I think the tune just triggered it. I swapped maps from the vap to tune the svr and after flashing same thing check engine light. This time I didn't clear it. I am going to get my buddies better scanner like unhinged recommended and see if I can get the actual code
Once in a while, the cars will throw the odd code as a result of the programming process but they should clear up right away.

I think Chris is communicating with you regarding your car, sounds like he got it sorted?

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 12-12-2016, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Once in a while, the cars will throw the odd code as a result of the programming process but they should clear up right away.

I think Chris is communicating with you regarding your car, sounds like he got it sorted?
yup he gave me a few suggestions luckily I found my old scan tool and that did the trick so all good on my end. Going to send Chris an email this morning to let him know as well. Thanks again for the awesome service