Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clear bra advice please

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 05:42 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default clear bra advice please

hi all,
I want to have a protective film installed on my MY16 S. jaguar dealer quoted $1200 to cover the front hood, bumper, lights, side mirrors and door edges only.
I found a place that is quoting $700 for front hood, bumper, mirrors, sides, trunk, etc. this place will use 3M clear bra vs. Xpel(I think) at the dealer.
why the huge difference?? should I stick to the jaguar dealership for stuff like this? what's your experience been like?
thanks in advance

Old 02-17-2016, 05:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

There have been many threads on this topic before. Something is better than nothing, but both here and on other forums, xPel Ultimate is usually considered the best.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:08 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by diablomkii
hi all,
I want to have a protective film installed on my MY16 S. jaguar dealer quoted $1200 to cover the front hood, bumper, lights, side mirrors and door edges only.
I found a place that is quoting $700 for front hood, bumper, mirrors, sides, trunk, etc. this place will use 3M clear bra vs. Xpel(I think) at the dealer.
why the huge difference?? should I stick to the jaguar dealership for stuff like this? what's your experience been like?
thanks in advance
In your case you are paying a premium for the Xpel product which is typically more expensive than the 3M brand, and you are also paying a premium for having it done at the dealership, who simply sublets the work to a local Xpel installer, then add a steep dealer mark-up.

$700 sound too good to be true, either they are using a 3M product that is not the best 3M offers, or they are cutting corners somewhere else.

In my opinion, if you are looking to protect the exterior finish of your beautiful new car, why would anyone consider anything other than getting the best possible product from the most highly skilled installer. Is this an area where cutting corners or saving a few bucks is worth risking the potential adverse attention it may garner on YOUR car.

Not sure if Xpel still offers different product lines, but be sure you are getting Xpel Ultimate, their best paint protection film. Honestly, even $1200 seems cheap for Xpel Ultimate, but then I had more surface covered. Also had them film the Front Fenders (right behind the wheels), the lower side mouldings beneath the doors, the rear rocker panels and fenders behind the rear wheels, and also the rear spoiler.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:06 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMike
In your case you are paying a premium for the Xpel product which is typically more expensive than the 3M brand, and you are also paying a premium for having it done at the dealership, who simply sublets the work to a local Xpel installer, then add a steep dealer mark-up.

$700 sound too good to be true, either they are using a 3M product that is not the best 3M offers, or they are cutting corners somewhere else.

In my opinion, if you are looking to protect the exterior finish of your beautiful new car, why would anyone consider anything other than getting the best possible product from the most highly skilled installer. Is this an area where cutting corners or saving a few bucks is worth risking the potential adverse attention it may garner on YOUR car.

Not sure if Xpel still offers different product lines, but be sure you are getting Xpel Ultimate, their best paint protection film. Honestly, even $1200 seems cheap for Xpel Ultimate, but then I had more surface covered. Also had them film the Front Fenders (right behind the wheels), the lower side mouldings beneath the doors, the rear rocker panels and fenders behind the rear wheels, and also the rear spoiler.
that helps. thanks.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMike

I concur on all of this.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:01 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

+1

I had a full xpel ultimate wrap done on delivery -- and it's already saved me a couple of good dings from road debris. If you're buying a '16 S like I did -- the extra 4 to 5 k for a complete wrap is worth it.

My wife insisted I pony up for it and I can drive the car w/o worry.