Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color Difference

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 07:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color Difference

Fellow Jaguars,

I went to see the new R-Coupé at my dealer yesterday and take a test drive. It was a Salsa Red R so I don't need to tell you how the testdrive went = BONKERS!

Now I do have a question about the colors. Here in Belgium, you can also order a F-type in Italian Racing Red.

Is there a big difference between the two? My dealer didn't have some colorsamples so he couldn't show me.

Thanks ahead!

Old 07-31-2014, 09:36 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,148 Likes on 1,438 Posts

Yes ,IRR is darker, without the orange (to my eye). You'll find some pictures here of it. Personally, I love Salsa Red on this car.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Jag_Boy
Fellow Jaguars,

I went to see the new R-Coupé at my dealer yesterday and take a test drive. It was a Salsa Red R so I don't need to tell you how the testdrive went = BONKERS!

Now I do have a question about the colors. Here in Belgium, you can also order a F-type in Italian Racing Red.

Is there a big difference between the two? My dealer didn't have some colorsamples so he couldn't show me.

Thanks ahead!
The Italian Racing Red is "Xillaric" paint and is known to have more 'pop' than metallic, at least in sunlight. The Salsa is non-metallic. The F type looks good in any factory colour.
If you go to F Type Pictures thread from July 27th and scan the photo's they have White (flat), Firesand (metallic) and Italian Racing Red (Xillaric) for comparison. There are around 27 pictures and most of the Red is near the end.
I tried taking a good picture of mine, which is Italian Racing Red with the same Gyrodyne wheels, but it does not capture the sparkle of the paint at all... the pictures mentioned above do a fairly good job..
Lawrence

Old 07-31-2014, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mulmur
The Italian Racing Red is "Xillaric" paint and is known to have more 'pop' than metallic, at least in sunlight. The Salsa is non-metallic. The F type looks good in any factory colour.
If you go to F Type Pictures thread from July 27th and scan the photo's they have White (flat), Firesand (metallic) and Italian Racing Red (Xillaric) for comparison. There are around 27 pictures and most of the Red is near the end.
I tried taking a good picture of mine, which is Italian Racing Red with the same Gyrodyne wheels, but it does not capture the sparkle of the paint at all... the pictures mentioned above do a fairly good job..
Lawrence

Hey Lawrence,

Thanks for your answer, was very helpfull and the pictures were also good.
I found a picture of the most beautiful F-type I can find and how I would order mine. Do you think this is Salsa Red or IRR?

Thanks again!

Attached Thumbnails Color Difference-2015-jaguar-f-type-v8-r-coupe-uae-2.jpg  
Old 07-31-2014, 12:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Jag_Boy
Hey Lawrence,

Thanks for your answer, was very helpfull and the pictures were also good.
I found a picture of the most beautiful F-type I can find and how I would order mine. Do you think this is Salsa Red or IRR?

Thanks again!
I find pictures do not really highlight these colours very well in most cases... the one you sent looks like it might be salsa as it has a slight orange to it, however, I have seen pictures of mine look the same way, when in fact the live viewing looked a deeper and more sparkling red as its the Italian R.R.. As I mentioned before, the red in the post I sent you is pretty close to the live view of the Italian R.R.., too bad they didn't have a Salsa to compare it to.
Best if you could travel around and find both colours to look at in person, if at all possible.
As I said before, this car looks good in all colours so its hard to choose.
Lawrence.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mulmur
I find pictures do not really highlight these colours very well in most cases... the one you sent looks like it might be salsa as it has a slight orange to it, however, I have seen pictures of mine look the same way, when in fact the live viewing looked a deeper and more sparkling red as its the Italian R.R.. As I mentioned before, the red in the post I sent you is pretty close to the live view of the Italian R.R.., too bad they didn't have a Salsa to compare it to.
Best if you could travel around and find both colours to look at in person, if at all possible.
As I said before, this car looks good in all colours so its hard to choose.
Lawrence.
Wonderuful, thanks mate! I'll guess I'll visit more dealers to check the colors ^^ the one from the picture is just perfect imo!