Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comments on JLR service

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2021, 09:37 AM
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Called the dealer in Cincinnati.

Needed a yearly service.

I was told they were scheduling for March!

threated to use someone else. They agreed to a walk in in late January. I could wait while they did the oil change.

Jaguar needs to do better.

when my f type threw a code last year it took them a month to repair it after the tow in.

I am less than happy with them.

Old 12-27-2021, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 579 Likes on 397 Posts

For non-urgent maintenance, why wouldn't ANY dealer give you a service reservation, then let you bring the car in a day before?

Seems stupid to let our beautiful cats sit outside, waiting...

Old 12-27-2021, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

While I completely understand the frustration with getting a service appointment—never mind being less than satisfied with said service (call it insult to injury; in other words, inexcusable)—and I will not bore any of you how I feel about my service department, I will say that this is the world we are living in (and you could almost sense this was happening before Covid). Pick practically any industry, for the most part, and customer services are seriously lacking—if they exist at all—largely due to staff shortages (and that’s another, longer story) and/or poor customer service. What happened to pride and passion? Any of us can answer that in one form or another.

Me? I’m originally from NYC so I’m not necessarily the most patient man in the world YET I’ve accepted the way things are and am grateful for what we have. I mourn the loss of some of my favorite restaurants and bars and never complain about how slow service tends to be these days. Of course I’m not happy about the way things are and the added hassles, and/or challenges we all face, but I simply will not allow it [all] to irritate me.

My 2-cents.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-27-2021 at 12:13 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
DJS (12-27-2021), GGG (01-24-2022)
Old 12-27-2021, 01:39 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

I use an independent who is usually busy (because he's good!) so I book my services a month in advance so I can get the day I want, and when I bring the car in he starts work on it straight away. He doesn't have loads of vehicle storage space so can't keep cars waiting around before he works on them.

Old 01-23-2022, 07:23 PM
Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

my atlanta GA jlr experience was awful, especially being 150 miles away.
i will not step back in one and have fortunately found an indy bmw/mercedes shop who know how to treat a customer AND a high end car.
perhaps one day i will post my full experience!

Old 01-24-2022, 11:40 AM
Received 680 Likes on 489 Posts

My wife's new Volvo just came up for its first service and two months is their wait as well. Looks like a problem across the industry.

Old 01-24-2022, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 579 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by enderle
My wife's new Volvo just came up for its first service and two months is their wait as well. Looks like a problem across the industry.
Not just dealerships...

My Brother-in-law has begged me to consider working at the tire store he manages. (Not a chance, LOL)

Old 01-24-2022, 02:04 PM
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by otokar
my atlanta GA jlr experience was awful, especially being 150 miles away.
Which dealer provided the awful experience? Why was it so awful?

Old 01-24-2022, 02:31 PM
Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
While I completely understand the frustration with getting a service appointment—never mind being less than satisfied with said service (call it insult to injury; in other words, inexcusable)—and I will not bore any of you how I feel about my service department, I will say that this is the world we are living in (and you could almost sense this was happening before Covid). Pick practically any industry, for the most part, and customer services are seriously lacking—if they exist at all—largely due to staff shortages (and that’s another, longer story) and/or poor customer service. What happened to pride and passion? Any of us can answer that in one form or another.

Me? I’m originally from NYC so I’m not necessarily the most patient man in the world YET I’ve accepted the way things are and am grateful for what we have. I mourn the loss of some of my favorite restaurants and bars and never complain about how slow service tends to be these days. Of course I’m not happy about the way things are and the added hassles, and/or challenges we all face, but I simply will not allow it [all] to irritate me.

My 2-cents.
Truth - although youre at least one step ahead of me - I still allow myself to get irritated, but as much as I hate to say it, I am becoming more accepting of the fact that "it's just the way things are". I am fortunate to be rather handy around cars and homes so I rarely need anyone to provide service, and each time I do require help from someone, I am even more glad that I am able to do what I can myself. I have been in various forms of the service industry almost my entire life (no, I was not an exotic dancer - just a waiter at that club working my way though college). Seriously though, I worked in the auto industry for 15 years, had a home maintenance and restoration business for 12as well as having jobs in clothing retail and restaurants - the stuff I see happening almost every day would have cost me most of those jobs, but its widely accepted as adequate now. The only non-customer service job I ever had was the U.S. Navy. I'm 45, so not exactly reflecting on the "good ole days" either, but it is a sad state of affairs. I can't fix it either, but I always encourage my staff to set the best example they can and always consider those that we serve first. That said, there is no incentive to offer better service if there is no one to demand it and the substitutes are minimal; however, most things are cyclical, and there will likely come a time where hard work, pride in ownership, and satisfaction of a job well done will mean something again. Lets hope at least right?

Old 01-24-2022, 03:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had the same issue, my car went in for warranty work Nov 29th 2021 and it was completed on Jan 19th. It was at Edmonton Jaguar in Canada and it was a triple hit of short staffed mechanics, waiting on parts, vehicles ahead of mine waiting for work and the holidays. They were kind enough to keep it in one of the showroom until it could be serviced

Old 01-24-2022, 03:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 257 Posts

Now I feel lucky that mine only took 5 weeks in the shop!!