F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compact Spare Tire

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2018 | 08:08 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
The pump has a special location in the trunk on the left interior wall near the bulkhead. The elastic band there holds the pump up out of the way. The goo bottle also has a special location just in front of the battery. That will free up more room in your cubby box.
Yep, my car has the elastic band but it is stretched/perished and useless.
My car does not have a receptacle for the goo bottle, neither does it have the tow hook holder (I forgot, another thing I have in the cubby is the tow hook), in fact it was missing the front tow hook altogether (I pinched the one from my old XFR before I sold it). I suspect the polystyrene bits that make up the goo bottle receptacle and the tow hook holder either never came with the car in the first place or they somehow disappeared between the factory and the mob I bought the car from.

Old 10-17-2018 | 11:46 AM

Can someone provide the part(s) # for the space saver spare and associated tools/housing or point me in the right direction to find it? My car came with the compressor/goo (18" inch wheels) set up. For longer trips, I would have more comfort if I had a spare (even a space saver one) available.

Thanks!

Old 10-18-2018 | 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by jv9344
Great info, guys. Thanks.

So it looks like I can get either the JLR 19" compact spare or a 19" F-Type factory front wheel and it can be used on the rear in a pinch. And jack/tools of course. I am guessing the 18" JLR compact spare won't fit around the 380mm brakes.

I totally get all the reasons against the compact spare. I would just like to have an option beside a rollback if I am out for a Sunday ride and get a flat that the goo can't handle.
I’m with you on this. I was thinking of getting the space saver spare and NOT carrying it in my vert. Then I could put it on if I had to send a wheel off for repair or possibly get someone to take it out to me if within a reasonable radius of home. The dealer wanted £850 (even though it’s only £250 as an option) but you can get one on eBay for less than £200. Then just get a jack and have the right socket handy.

Old 10-18-2018 | 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by DJS
Right - the mini-spare is/was an option for the vert, but the argument against it, is what do you do with the full-size flat tire? Won't fit in the trunk, not sure if you could get it in the passenger seat, not that you'd want to. Maybe strap it on the trunk with padding under it? Or lock it up by the side of the road.

Hell’s bells, I hadn’t thought of that!!!!😬

Old 10-18-2018 | 09:15 AM
scm
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by markjord
Hell’s bells, I hadn’t thought of that!!!!😬
It was brought home to me when I had a front wheel puncture in my 2010 XKR. I managed to get the wheel in the boot/trunk by wedging it in at an angle with the boot floor on top. I'm not sure I'd have got a rear wheel in there, though - that'd have to be "passengered".