F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Congratulations to Unhingd!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2020 | 08:10 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
A bunch of thieves, hoodlums, miscreants, thugs, and ne’er-do-wells. And those are your good qualities!

OH YES, IT’S GOOD TO BE BAD.
I'll have you know that I'm both a miscreant *and* a recidivist. Please update your records.

Old 03-05-2020 | 08:18 PM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lizzardo
I'll have you know that I'm both a miscreant *and* a recidivist. Please update your records.
Duly noted! File updated. Thank you for your honesty. At least that’s one good quality among many bad.

Old 03-06-2020 | 03:18 AM
scm
Veteran Member

Duly noted! File updated. Thank you for your honesty. At least that’s one good quality among many bad.
You're assuming that "liar" isn't one of his qualities.

The following users liked this post:
RickyJay52 (03-06-2020)
Old 03-06-2020 | 06:15 AM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by scm
Excellent point! (Although I’ve already sorta factored that in. lizzardo? Isn’t that another word for chameleon?)

By the way, I forgot to include hooligans!

Of course none of these words apply to our very own Lance. No. He’s simply UNHINGD. Says it all.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 03-06-2020 at 06:18 AM.
scm (03-06-2020)
Old 03-06-2020 | 11:26 AM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by scm
Now that I think about it scm, it's not a "quality" but a "trait." More like a "flaw" if you ask me. And even if you didn't.

Cheers!
Jay

Meanwhile, where the hell is U with his next two posts? It's winter so I know he's not out playing softball.

Old 03-06-2020 | 11:47 AM
scm
Veteran Member

Now that I think about it scm, it's not a "quality" but a "trait." More like a "flaw" if you ask me. And even if you didn't.
Gotta disagree, I think more would like a quality or a trait than a flaw.
(Ain't English wonderfully ambiguous? )

Old 03-06-2020 | 12:05 PM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by scm
Gotta disagree, I think more would like a quality or a trait than a flaw.
(Ain't English wonderfully ambiguous? )
I was going to say you should know but I suppose I already knew that the origins of the English language were elsewhere.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language

Bloody hell!

Jolly good!!

Cheers!!!

Old 03-06-2020 | 01:31 PM
Veteran Member

Excellent point! (Although I’ve already sorta factored that in. lizzardo? Isn’t that another word for chameleon?)

By the way, I forgot to include hooligans!

Of course none of these words apply to our very own Lance. No. He’s simply UNHINGD. Says it all.
The origin of that name goes back decades, long before Buckaroo Banzai came out, but that's when I adopted its current form.

The Hooligans was a group of motorcyclists I used to ride with. Not a club, but a loose-knit collection of varying individuals that would gather for trips. I was not actually on the trip when the name was bestowed on the group by a police officer in Hollister. We were fairly well behaved, except for the tendency to cover ground rapidly. The most ambitious trip was 43000 miles over 17 days. In a fit of masochism, I rode a Ducati 748 for that one, just so I'd have it for a 75 mile stretch in southern Utah.

Old 03-06-2020 | 01:52 PM
|
Veteran Member

The origin of that name goes back decades, long before Buckaroo Banzai came out, but that's when I adopted its current form.

The Hooligans was a group of motorcyclists I used to ride with. Not a club, but a loose-knit collection of varying individuals that would gather for trips. I was not actually on the trip when the name was bestowed on the group by a police officer in Hollister. We were fairly well behaved, except for the tendency to cover ground rapidly. The most ambitious trip was 43000 miles over 17 days. In a fit of masochism, I rode a Ducati 748 for that one, just so I'd have it for a 75 mile stretch in southern Utah.
Since we're just waiting around here for Unhingd to post twice more, and I started this thread, I will say your hooliganism would not be tolerated on any of the events I've hosted. In my neck of the woods--and the entire group of attendees, and that includes Unhingd, are in total agreement, and compliance--we frown on that type of behavior.

Just sayin'

But thanks for the origins of your screen name.

Best regards,
RickyJay52

Old 03-06-2020 | 02:15 PM
Veteran Member

Since we're just waiting around here for Unhingd to post twice more, and I started this thread, I will say your hooliganism would not be tolerated on any of the events I've hosted. In my neck of the woods--and the entire group of attendees, and that includes Unhingd, are in total agreement, and compliance--we frown on that type of behavior.

Just sayin'
Kidding aside, you may be misjudging me somewhat. The behavior that got the name was, as I was led to understand, someone pulling wheelies downtown. I do not condone that behavior either, and that person was not on any of the trips I ever went on. I'm particular who I ride with because nothing spoils fun faster than a crash or a ticket. In my travels with them, we had no citations and no crashes.

Old 03-06-2020 | 02:24 PM
|
Veteran Member
Default Line

Kidding aside, you may be misjudging me somewhat. The behavior that got the name was, as I was led to understand, someone pulling wheelies downtown. I do not condone that behavior either, and that person was not on any of the trips I ever went on. I'm particular who I ride with because nothing spoils fun faster than a crash or a ticket. In my travels with them, we had no citations and no crashes.
My apologies Steve--and I blame myself for veering this thread further and further away from its intentions: I'm just kidding! MY middle name is HOOLIGAN.

You're an informative and entertaining addition to this Forum. I take full responsibility for the decline in this thread; but blame Lance for taking so long to post!

Now can you see why I am so ill-suited for social media? I should have never listened to Nati!

Old 03-06-2020 | 03:05 PM
Veteran Member

My apologies Steve--and I blame myself for veering this thread further and further away from its intentions: I'm just kidding! MY middle name is HOOLIGAN.

You're an informative and entertaining addition to this Forum. I take full responsibility for the decline in this thread; but blame Lance for taking so long to post!

Now can you see why I am so ill-suited for social media? I should have never listened to Nati!
There's hooligans and then there's hooligans. Reminds me of a quote from "Raising Arizona", "Now honey, there's what's right and there's what's right, and never the twain shall meet."

I can excuse quite a bit, but can you explain these pants (and shoes)?

Old 03-06-2020 | 03:54 PM
|
Veteran Member

There's hooligans and then there's hooligans. Reminds me of a quote from "Raising Arizona", "Now honey, there's what's right and there's what's right, and never the twain shall meet."

But not the hair? It’s all a sign of the times Steve.

Old 03-06-2020 | 07:48 PM
Veteran Member

But not the hair? It’s all a sign of the times Steve.
I used to have hair that long, so I can't really cast aspersions there. But yes, those were interesting times.

Old 03-06-2020 | 08:24 PM
Veteran Member

Nine cards and it's still a completely crappy poker hand, surely you can do better than that!

Old 03-06-2020 | 09:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Nine cards and it's still a completely crappy poker hand, surely you can do better than that!
It *is* from the cover of "Cards as Weapons" not "Cards as Poker Hands."

Old 03-06-2020 | 09:57 PM
|
Veteran Member

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1...s-of-the-magus

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/25/o...e=articleShare

Hopefully these two links (and if you Google Ricky Jay many more) will show up and give those of you here a little glimpse of this incredibly multi-talented “artist.” I’ve long had a fascination and appreciation of Ricky Jay and there is more of a connection to me than [just] meets the eye.

P.S. I guess the pressure of Lance reaching 15,000 posts was too much for him as he’s flown the coop. Here too I blame myself for spot-lighting him. Oh well, he gave it a great try. Moderators: can we transfer his post count to someone worthy of taking the baton and wearing the “Crown?” DJS perhaps? I think it will look great on him.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 03-06-2020 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-07-2020 | 12:19 AM
Veteran Member

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1...s-of-the-magus

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/25/o...e=articleShare

Hopefully these two links (and if you Google Ricky Jay many more) will show up and give those of you here a little glimpse of this incredibly multi-talented “artist.” I’ve long had a fascination and appreciation of Ricky Jay and there is more of a connection to me than [just] meets the eye.
If you want to see the talent and sly humor of Ricky Jay you need look no further than this:

Note that his outfit deliberately has shortened sleeves and try as I might, I can't spot the sleight of hand. He was a master, and also an expert in the history of his craft. I do have a copy of "Cards as Weapons" and the skill of throwing cards is only a part of it.

Old 03-07-2020 | 04:35 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

I can confirm that Jay still has the suit. Very tasteful.

RickyJay52 (03-07-2020)
Old 03-07-2020 | 12:58 PM
|
Veteran Member

I know this is a/our car Forum and this thread has gone somewhat off the rails—not for the first time and I definitely take responsibility for that—but, gimme a break. If this doesn’t put a smile on your face, you have a problem:

And for anyone interested in the “Full Monty”

Just incredible. Not an easy show to have gotten tickets to—it always sold out instantly—but I was lucky enough to have seen it a number of times.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 03-07-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Congratulations to Unhingd!!!