F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In Control issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 04:18 PM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default In Control issue

So this started happening yesterday. The car is in my garage, and locked, and now it comes up with this message! Any ideas? I have exited the app and logged back in, to no avail.

LOCK STATUS UNKNOWN

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails In Control issue-img_1842.jpg  
Old 04-27-2017, 04:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

Is your garage a Faraday cage ? I believe if the app is having some issues communicating fully with the car (or the car is having problems establishing a connection) then that's your "unknown". Does it happen when the car is out of the garage too ?

Old 04-27-2017, 05:24 PM
Default In control

Originally Posted by stmcknig
Is your garage a Faraday cage ? I believe if the app is having some issues communicating fully with the car (or the car is having problems establishing a connection) then that's your "unknown". Does it happen when the car is out of the garage too ?
Yes, it could be parked on the street and it still happens. It only started yesterday, it was fine for 2 months, so that tells me its not the garage.

Old 04-27-2017, 05:28 PM
Default App issue

So I delketed the app and reinstalled it, and it works. Clearly a bug in the IOS app.

Thanks all

Old 04-27-2017, 10:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

I have had some glitches where you need to force restart the iOS app and you can do that without deleting and reinstalling. Double click home button quickly and you should get a swipeable view of application windows. Find the Jag app and swipe up which terminates the application. Go back and launch application.

The following users liked this post:
Uk2usa (04-27-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 10:12 AM
Default Reboot

I have had some glitches where you need to force restart the iOS app and you can do that without deleting and reinstalling. Double click home button quickly and you should get a swipeable view of application windows. Find the Jag app and swipe up which terminates the application. Go back and launch application.
Thanks