F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In Control questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 06:36 PM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default In Control questions

Hi All... need a bit of help here. I have downloaded the Jaguar Remote from the Itunes store, and it works fine. Whats concerning me is that it is supposed to have a security feature that you can use/activate in case the car gets stolen, sort of like a Lojack. I cannot find it anywhere on my screens. What am I missing?

Also, I think I read that I am supposed to have the In Control Pro - the sales guy said i can find a destination on my phone and it automatically uploads to the car etc etc. Cant seem to find that either.

I did download the Just Drive app but have not used it yet.

There are a lot of different apps on Itunes for Jaguar - I dont want to randomly download them all. Do I need to go back to the dealer to get this set up?

Thanks for the help.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

In-Control Remote: The first screen (indicated by the dots right under "Jaguar F-Type") shows gas level, range & odometer at the top of the page, and shows map with your location and the car's location at the bottom.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:52 PM
Received 397 Likes on 210 Posts

The launch of InControl ever since JLR launched it has been a pain.

F-TYPEs from 2014-2017 do not have InControl Pro. 2018 is supposed to see a variation of InControl Pro. I'm not sure what additional feature a stolen vehicle tracking system would do as InControl Remote already lets you view the vehicle's location on a map.

InControl Remote is really the only application you need. Don't bother with InControl Apps as support is extremely limited. I still use Waze rather than justDrive. If you own an Apple Watch, InControl Remote will let you access the car from the watch.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:40 PM
Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Here you go, just keep swiping to the left and this screen should appear, I cut off the top part to hide my License plate number and VIN.....this is what it looks like

Old 03-22-2017, 03:42 AM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

Mine does not have that center button. Uk2usa, that looks like it from a LR, not a Jaguar, maybe that is the difference? I remember seeing the "stolen vehicle" feature in the manual, tried to find it, asked here and I think someone said it was not available on US models? But you ~can~ track the vehicle (to a certain extent, it has it being parked on my neighbor's lawn) on the first page.
But it also says that the window is open and the car is not alarmed. I went running to the garage, nope, all is good...

Old 03-22-2017, 07:23 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Misujerr
But it also says that the window is open and the car is not alarmed. I went running to the garage, nope, all is good...
The app will report the last known status and location. As soon as I pull into my garage the app can no longer track the car. Hence, it reports the location, but system stati will not be current. Not an issue if parked on the street.

The following users liked this post:
Misujerr (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 10:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

As a Spotify user I actually like the InControl interface for that. It would be really nice if JustDrive implemented hands free text messaging, one thing I miss from my former Apple CarPlay days...

Old 03-22-2017, 04:39 PM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

So this app will not find the car when its in motion? Not great, if the car is stolen, and being driven it could be miles away! Also, I looked all through it, and the "Stolen Vehicle" is not visible. I find it interesting that InControl was sold as an alternative to Lojack, but I feel its lacking, unless I have a bad version or something?

Thanks for all the replies.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:42 PM
Received 397 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by 17jag
So this app will not find the car when its in motion? Not great, if the car is stolen, and being driven it could be miles away! Also, I looked all through it, and the "Stolen Vehicle" is not visible. I find it interesting that InControl was sold as an alternative to Lojack, but I feel its lacking, unless I have a bad version or something?

InControl Remote will monitor your car's movements. I know this because I monitor the car religiously when its at the dealer. Talk about big brother.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by 17jag

The first screen of InControl Remote will show you where you are and where the car is even when the car is moving. The stolen vehicle feature is not available on my version. I have LoJack anyway, so it really doesn't matter.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:22 PM
Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Misujerr
Mine does not have that center button. Uk2usa, that looks like it from a LR, not a Jaguar, maybe that is the difference? I remember seeing the "stolen vehicle" feature in the manual, tried to find it, asked here and I think someone said it was not available on US models? But you ~can~ track the vehicle (to a certain extent, it has it being parked on my neighbor's lawn) on the first page.
Sorry, thought it would be the same being JLR. We have had the F-Type for over a year and have been meaning to set it up "one day" but never have. Which reminds me....

Do you have the Vehicle condition check?

Old 03-23-2017, 12:05 AM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Uk2usa
Do you have the Vehicle condition check?
Yes.