F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant Hose Replacement Supercharger Removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2020, 03:43 PM
Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by adent
HOLY old boy. I am so going to get suckered into pre-emptive SC work aren't i.....
couple of questions: when you say less noisy, what noise were you getting?

also, does anyone know anywhere I can get the eaton SC coupler locally in australia? (@OzXFR)??

thanks
it sounded a little bit ratchety, like small little rocks bouncing around, but the noise wasn't the reason i replaced it. I know they go bad eventually and might as well do it while i'm there, right. this coupler is noiser than oem, but less noisy than one that is wearing out. now when i mean noisy i mean you can only ever hear it when you think about it being outside of the car.

Can't you just order on ebay and then have them ship to australia? or they don't have that available? thing is that their shipping times was is like 2 weeks to get from us to canada so it might take much longer to get to you even if they ship it there.

Old 12-07-2020, 04:14 PM
Received 64 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks OZ and Holy

yes- it's just the shipping time that's the issue looks like at least a month currently.
OZ- I had already emailed MACE last night- they replied this morning that they don't have the right one. shame.

I'll keep you posted

Old 12-26-2020, 04:03 AM
Received 64 Likes on 5 Posts

OK! well the job is nearly done.
Supercharger coupler and oil change done as well. Everything almost reassembled- EXCEPT for the upper outlet water pipe as sadly britcar sold me the wrong one. I'm going to try and get one in Melbourne (from Jag dealer or from independent jag mechanic) mainly so I don't have to wait for shipping.

Questions;

1. I don't have pressure fill equipment for the coolant. Is it safe to start the car and just run it for a while and then top up the coolant? presumably the pump will pump the bubbles (if any) out?
2. Can anyone think of anything else I need to do before start- up or ANYTHING I MIGHT HAVE FORGOTTEN?
...this was a big job