F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could someone check their engine bay for this hose union for me?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2022, 08:57 AM
Received 61 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Could someone check their engine bay for this hose union for me?

Changed the SC belt on my '16 F-Type R, and when putting the intake back in realized I had knocked out the overflow hose where it plugs into the upper coolant line. I put it back in, but it just sits there with an O-ring. Looks like there should be some type of clamp that holds it in place that I might have lost down in the engine bay. I'm talking about the thin black rigid coolant line that runs in a pair from the overflow bottle over in front of the engine, and connects to an upper radiator pipe directly above the throttle body. Here's a picture of how mine looks now:

Sure looks like there should be some type of clamp between those two pipes, but I can't find a separate part number listed in the fiche for it at all. Could someone check theirs for me? I feel like as soon as the system pressurizes this will just push right out.

Old 05-21-2022, 09:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 409 Likes on 280 Posts

Looks good to me

Old 05-21-2022, 11:45 AM
Received 61 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks for the reply, George. After a ton of digging, I found a high resolution photo of the overflow hose in the package on an eBay listing, and mine actually was missing a little plastic clip-style connector. The barb would pull free from the coolant pipe with light force. My semi-local dealer had the hose in stock, but couldn't provide just the clip. So it's sorted now, but that little clip cost me $45. 🤦‍♂️ Note to self: don't lose it next time. Lol At least I have a spare overflow hose now. Haha

Old 05-21-2022, 01:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 409 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by lpf4
Thanks for the reply, George. After a ton of digging, I found a high resolution photo of the overflow hose in the package on an eBay listing, and mine actually was missing a little plastic clip-style connector. The barb would pull free from the coolant pipe with light force. My semi-local dealer had the hose in stock, but couldn't provide just the clip. So it's sorted now, but that little clip cost me $45. 🤦‍♂️ Note to self: don't lose it next time. Lol At least I have a spare overflow hose now. Haha
happy to help , a small strip of black electric tape would have done . But all is well , enjoy the car

Old 05-21-2022, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

Originally Posted by lpf4
I replaced that hose a few years ago when it cracked just back from where that clip is.
When I pulled the old/cracked hose off I worked out that I needed to unclip that clip but I barely touched it before it snapped off, the entire hose including that clip had gone completely brittle like uncooked spaghetti.
On the new hose that clip was integrated into the end and is not meant to come off, so no wonder the dealership couldn't supply just the clip.
Good job they fitted a new hose anyway as your old clip coming off tells me that it and probably the whole hose had gone brittle and the hose was about to split.