F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couldn't wait!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015 | 11:22 AM
|
Default Couldn't wait!

So, the deal to sell my previous car went through perfectly yesterday morning, so I had the cash in hand I needed to finalize the F-Type purchase. I'd made arrangements to pick it up on Thursday, as my salesman has Tuesdays and Wednesdays off, but I called him yesterday and asked if I could stop by and get my car immediately.

He was able to get it through final delivery prep, and after about a year and a half of drooling, I drove home in my '14 V8S! I'm very happy with the change, but even better, the wife is just super excited for every feature the car has.

On the way home from going out last night, I turned off all the sporty-dynamic stuff, and just quietly surged the car to speeds she normally wouldn't be comfortable with. She didn't even notice. I'm going to love this car...

I managed to snap a few phone pics yesterday afternoon. They're nothing special, and a car photographer friend of mine will do a MUCH better job on the 16th, when we'll do a shoot with it. But, in case you wanted to see it, I put them at:

Day-Of-Delivery Photos! - Album on Imgur

Looking forward to seeing you all out on the roads soon!

SP

The following users liked this post:
burnie (05-05-2015)
Old 05-05-2015 | 11:34 AM

Awesome!

SillyPuppy (05-05-2015)
Old 05-05-2015 | 11:53 AM

Very nice!

You got yours from the same place I picked mine up last weekend. Was your salesman Zac by chance?

Enjoy!!

Old 05-05-2015 | 12:49 PM

Congrats!!

Beautiful car, love that Camel interior with the top down.

Old 05-05-2015 | 01:01 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats and enjoy in good health ...

SillyPuppy (05-05-2015)
Old 05-05-2015 | 01:09 PM
|

Originally Posted by LoneAspen
Very nice!

You got yours from the same place I picked mine up last weekend. Was your salesman Zac by chance?

Enjoy!!
Yes, Zach is my guy! You picked up the red R coupe, I take it, then? He mentioned someone took that from them since I initially signed my paperwork (two Fridays ago).

I'm putting together a drive for my (formerly exotics-only) drive group, on the 16th. If you're free and interested in coming along, PM me! Would love to have the local F-Type owners come out!

Old 05-05-2015 | 01:12 PM
|

Originally Posted by BierNut
Congrats!!

Beautiful car, love that Camel interior with the top down.
Thank you - black over tan was something familiar to me from the Ferrari world - the wife wasn't initally sold on it. I like that the tan seats (theoretically) won't get as hot as black ones here in Sacramento. For me, the quirk of the car was the taupe roof, but I have to say that it's growing on me VERY quickly. I talked with Zach (my salesman) about getting it replaced, but now I think it adds to the British personality of the car, and don't think I'd want to do that.

Old 05-05-2015 | 04:12 PM

Congrats on the V8S. It is a definite different driving experience than the F355, but in a good way. It is almost 2x the torque of the F355 which is a nice kick in the pants (not to mention the extra 115 ponies. The F-Type does feel heavier when steering, but it s over 600 lbs heavier than the F355. Both equal in the fun department.

Old 05-05-2015 | 05:41 PM
|

Thanks, 355rockit!

I haven't had a chance to really explore the car at all yet - just about 20 miles yesterday, but it's coming out this weekend, though the 16th is its first run in the foothills with my driving group. I can definitely feel the weight of the car, but it does more than enough in the corners to make me smile.

Really enjoyed driving it at night, something I couldn't do much with the F355. The Ferrari's lamps were so pitifully weak, I rarely took it out at night. It was great having it for the warm Sacramento evening, and even better was that when the wife was cold (despite the heated seats), I simply pressed a button at a stoplight, and the top was up. No need to get out of the car, undo 10 snaps, open the front trunk, toss the top cover in there, close the trunk, get back in, THEN wait 40 seconds while the top eventually/hopefully/probably went up. It's amazing what I'd put up with for so many years, once I saw the alternative last night.

Old 05-05-2015 | 05:52 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats! The camel is a beautiful choice w/ black.

Old 05-05-2015 | 06:02 PM

As a fellow owner of a black V8S with the camel leather and carpets, I must say you have excellent taste. You are going to enjoy it, top up or down.

SillyPuppy (05-06-2015)
Old 05-05-2015 | 06:11 PM
Veteran Member

Congratulations SillyPuppy and happy motoring!

Best regards,
RJ52

SillyPuppy (05-06-2015)
Old 05-05-2015 | 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by SillyPuppy
So, the deal to sell my previous car went through perfectly yesterday morning, so I had the cash in hand I needed to finalize the F-Type purchase. I'd made arrangements to pick it up on Thursday, as my salesman has Tuesdays and Wednesdays off, but I called him yesterday and asked if I could stop by and get my car immediately.

He was able to get it through final delivery prep, and after about a year and a half of drooling, I drove home in my '14 V8S! I'm very happy with the change, but even better, the wife is just super excited for every feature the car has.

On the way home from going out last night, I turned off all the sporty-dynamic stuff, and just quietly surged the car to speeds she normally wouldn't be comfortable with. She didn't even notice. I'm going to love this car...

I managed to snap a few phone pics yesterday afternoon. They're nothing special, and a car photographer friend of mine will do a MUCH better job on the 16th,
when we'll do a shoot with it. But, in case you wanted to see it, I put them at:

Day-Of-Delivery Photos! - Album on Imgur

Looking forward to seeing you all out on the roads soon!

SP
Congratulations Brother. What they don't know won't hurt em.

Old 05-05-2015 | 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by SillyPuppy
Yes, Zach is my guy! You picked up the red R coupe, I take it, then? He mentioned someone took that from them since I initially signed my paperwork (two Fridays ago).

I'm putting together a drive for my (formerly exotics-only) drive group, on the 16th. If you're free and interested in coming along, PM me! Would love to have the local F-Type owners come out!
Yep, I was the guy who snagged the Italian Racing Red R coupe! Zach took me out for a test drive and I just knew I had to have it. Test drive one day, paperwork and keys the next

Normally I'd jump at the chance to go on a drive with you all, but I actually live down south of San Jose. Niello had such a nice car and struck a great deal with my trade-in that I ventured all the way to Sacramento. They offered to drive it down to me, but no way was I turning down a long first drive in the Jag - it was a nice little road trip.

But let me know if your group ventures down this way some time, and in the meantime enjoy the drive and your new Jag! Take advantage of the great weather and convertible!

SillyPuppy (05-06-2015)
Old 05-06-2015 | 06:00 AM

Beautiful car and love the tan interior also. Always had a convertible when I lived in Cali but opted for the coupe in Florida as there are not as many comfortable top down driving days. Enjoy!

Old 05-06-2015 | 10:08 AM
|

Originally Posted by Lovemonet
Beautiful car and love the tan interior also. Always had a convertible when I lived in Cali but opted for the coupe in Florida as there are not as many comfortable top down driving days. Enjoy!
I know how you feel. The wife and I are originally from NJ, but moved to Sac in 2000. Back there - and then - I had no interest in cars and wouldn't really have gotten too excited about a convertible.

Around 2003, I started to get into cars, and bought my first convertible, a 2003 MR2 Spyder. Now, for our "fun" car, I generally don't consider coupes. I did have an '05 Elise, which was a targa top, so I *can* compromise on occasion (contrary to what the wife would have you believe!).

My car-buying criteria, when it comes to the "fun" car, is usually the following scenario: "I'm taking the wife down to Hearst Castle for a three-day weekend. And we're taking Highway 1 the whole way." So, fun on the most beautiful coastal road, convertible for the same reason, and with enough luggage space for a few days' worth of clothing. With comfort enough that I won't hate the car by the time I've completed a 5-hour drive. I can't think of a single car that can fit the scenario better than the F-Type.