F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

coupe owners, do you get a lot of compliments on your car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 01:19 AM
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Black Cyclones--I thought about the Black Tornados, but after seeing that wheel style on a bunch of Jeeps around town, I decided on the simpler look of the Cyclones.

I took a few pictures with my iPhone, but the car just looks like a shiny black blob. I need to charge up my good camera and post pics, but haven't had a chance.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What color did each of you choose for you F-Type?
Type F model R
Silver exterior
Black and red interior with red belts
20" black gyrodyne wheels (they don't show brake dust too much)
Panoramic roof

So far i am very happy.

The following users liked this post:
PD2911 (07-13-2014)
Old 07-13-2014, 02:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by PD2911
The car is beautiful in Polaris with black pack...
My thoughts exactly...but I may be biased,lol!

Old 07-13-2014, 03:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

gotwish,

I have almost the same car:

Ultimate Black with Black interior; black pack; pano glass; black cyclone wheels; red calipers and red seat belts.

PD2911 (07-13-2014)
Old 07-13-2014, 03:39 PM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
My thoughts exactly...but I may be biased,lol!
Ummm maybe just a bit. LOL

White is not for me , but in the F-Tyoe it is beautiful!

Old 07-13-2014, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by claudef2
Type F model R
Silver exterior
Black and red interior with red belts
20" black gyrodyne wheels (they don't show brake dust too much)
Panoramic roof

So far i am very happy.
Did you purchase Rhodium Silver or Lunar Gray?

Old 07-13-2014, 04:04 PM
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Lots of looks and comments, none of them snide. One kind of sad comment from a kid who seemed to think owning a car like this means "you've won". But this is just a slick looking vehicle, it really gets attention.

Old 07-13-2014, 04:06 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pabanker
Lots of looks and comments, none of them snide. One kind of sad comment from a kid who seemed to think owning a car like this means "you've won". But this is just a slick looking vehicle, it really gets attention.
winning ftw

Old 07-13-2014, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by jag_guy_2020
winning ftw
@pa - it's cool to drive a car that makes kids say "that's what I want to drive when I grow up"

Old 07-13-2014, 06:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Ummm maybe just a bit. LOL

White is not for me , but in the F-Type it is beautiful!
Perhaps not...but you considered it...didn't you?

I can give you a whole host of reasons why White is an excellent choice for this car...it shows the lines perfectly (Jaguar seem to think so too,lol),it's much cooler to the touch and to drive,it shows way less dirt than the darker cars and it's easier to keep clean.

I could go on...but I think I've made my point.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Perhaps not...but you considered it...didn't you?

I can give you a whole host of reasons why White is an excellent choice for this car...it shows the lines perfectly (Jaguar seem to think so too,lol),it's much cooler to the touch and to drive,it shows way less dirt than the darker cars and it's easier to keep clean.

I could go on...but I think I've made my point.
All good points. . I did consider it, in fact still considering it. Even though I ordered Stratus, which color to buy us still unsettled.
F-Tyoe colors are spinning in my head. . Just not 100% sure yet.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:46 PM
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

All good points. . I did consider it, in fact still considering it. Even though I ordered Stratus, which color to buy us still unsettled.
F-Tyoe colors are spinning in my head. . Just not 100% sure yet.
I have the stratus, it is stunning - and I love the way the color changes with the light.

However, it is a b1tch to keep clean. I wash it every other week, and think I should on the off week.

Oh yeah, I get 2-3 comments a day on my v8s vert. And this in a town where Ferraris, Bentleys, astons and maseratis are not unusual. I even got a thumbs up from a guy in a 918... that car is gorgeous though, I offered to trade. :-)

Last edited by spinningbull; 07-13-2014 at 07:49 PM.
PD2911 (07-13-2014)
Old 07-13-2014, 07:54 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

I owned two recent 911s prior to picking up my F Type. The 911s were great cars, but the Jaguar has something that they lacked - soul. Where the 911 is competent and clinical, the Jag is exciting and stirs the soul. My 911s gathered little to no attention, people know what it is, they know it's a great car, and they know it's expensive. Other than that they rarely got a second glance and rarely gathered much interest.

When I drive the Jag, the reaction is very different. People absolutely love it. I almost can't drive it without someone winding down their window at a stoplight to say something about the car, to ask what it is, to ask me what it's like to drive, to comment on the exhaust note, tell me they love the color, and just generally tell me how much they like it. That just never happened when I was in my Porsche. Neither Porsche nor Jaguar could be described as exotic brands (although Porsche does make some exotic cars), but if one measure of that is the interest that a car gathers then F Type has the 911 beat hands down. The attention this car gets is just exponentially greater. It's in a different league in that regard.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by spinningbull
I have the stratus, it is stunning - and I love the way the color changes with the light.

However, it is a b1tch to keep clean. I wash it every other week, and think I should on the off week.

Oh yeah, I get 2-3 comments a day on my v8s vert. And this in a town where Ferraris, Bentleys, astons and maseratis are not unusual. I even got a thumbs up from a guy in a 918... that car is gorgeous though, I offered to trade. :-)
Another vote for Stratus.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by swajames
I owned two recent 911s prior to picking up my F Type. The 911s were great cars, but the Jaguar has something that they lacked - soul. Where the 911 is competent and clinical, the Jag is exciting and stirs the soul. My 911s gathered little to no attention, people know what it is, they know it's a great car, and they know it's expensive. Other than that they rarely got a second glance and rarely gathered much interest.

When I drive the Jag, the reaction is very different. People absolutely love it. I almost can't drive it without someone winding down their window at a stoplight to say something about the car, to ask what it is, to ask me what it's like to drive, to comment on the exhaust note, tell me they love the color, and just generally tell me how much they like it. That just never happened when I was in my Porsche. Neither Porsche nor Jaguar could be described as exotic brands (although Porsche does make some exotic cars), but if one measure of that is the interest that a car gathers then F Type has the 911 beat hands down. The attention this car gets is just exponentially greater. It's in a different league in that regard.
Great to hear the F-Tyoe is getting that type of reaction.
What color are you driving ?

Old 07-13-2014, 08:15 PM

wow that's great validation. feeling good about the money spent on my soon-to-be-delivered f-type coupe over the 911.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by jag_guy_2020
wow that's great validation. feeling good about the money spent on my soon-to-be-delivered f-type coupe over the 911.
You'll love it. You'd love a 911 too, it is a great car - but I personally think the F Type is the better car.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:01 PM

Great to hear the F-Tyoe is getting that type of reaction.
What color are you driving ?
My car is in British Racing Green with the Brogue extended leather interior

PD2911 (07-13-2014)
Old 07-13-2014, 09:26 PM

My car is in British Racing Green with the Brogue extended leather interior
WoW! I'm sure that is a beauty. Have you posted any pics on this forum?

Old 07-13-2014, 10:02 PM
Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

WoW! I'm sure that is a beauty. Have you posted any pics on this forum?
I wanna see the pics too! I love the brogue color.

Quick Reply: coupe owners, do you get a lot of compliments on your car?