F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Curious to know where this damage comes from as I have seen it on several F Types

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2023, 03:33 PM
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Curious to know where this damage comes from as I have seen it on several F Types

Bought my car a few years ago and had it shipped to me. The damage was there on both sides. I wasn't happy at all. Sent it to get the PPF and ceramic coating done and they touched it up so it was acceptable and probably only I can see it. And I rarely see other F Types in my area but have run across a couple and seen the exact same damage in the exact same spot. It leads me to believe it had to be done from a dealer service and maybe how their lifts line up with the front?? Anyone have a clue and is it somewhat visible from the attached pic? That leads me to another question and that is possibly replacing the front spoiler with one that essentially covers this area. Not sure I want to go that route but possibly.

Old 08-29-2023, 03:43 PM
Received 314 Likes on 203 Posts

If that's a rear tire, I think it's from the front tires flinging road rocks. I did fit the front wheel well 'mud' guards as posted on another thread. As an option, I believe you can fit clear plastic overlays in susceptible areas. I did that with our 2018 vette.

Here's a link:

https://www.cleartastic.com/

Although it only speaks to Corvette/Mustang/Camaro form factors, you can buy the stuff and trim it to suit the location.

Old 08-29-2023, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Valerie Stabenow
If that's a rear tire, I think it's from the front tires flinging road rocks. I did fit the front wheel well 'mud' guards as posted on another thread. As an option, I believe you can fit clear plastic overlays in susceptible areas. I did that with our 2018 vette.

Here's a link:

https://www.cleartastic.com/

Although it only speaks to Corvette/Mustang/Camaro form factors, you can buy the stuff and trim it to suit the location.

Nope-that is in front of the front tires. It is in such an odd spot that I couldn't see the owners causing the damage as it really isn't or doesn't appear to be possible to rub that area on a curb. And since I had seen the exact same damage on other F Types it leads me to believe the dealers caused the damage. Just a guess but would love to really know how it happened.

Old 08-30-2023, 01:56 AM
Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts

tie down straps ??

Old 08-31-2023, 03:33 PM

Maybe tie downs? That's what I would love to know but as stated I have seen it on another Jaguar in a parking lot. It was the exact same in the exact same spot. I would have asked the owner if they knew but again it was parked.

Old 09-01-2023, 12:07 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

My guess is shipping damage. But did anything break/crack, or it's just paint damage? Hopefully just the latter.

Old 09-01-2023, 08:21 AM

It not only rubbed the paint off but it also rubbed into the front fender and essentially damaged both sides. If you look in the pic it is flat in an area as well which is where the damage occurred. Thankfully paining it and putting PPF on it covers it a bit but truly cannot fix properly without some hefty cost if anyone wanted to be that particular about it. It just baffles me how it happened and since I have seen very few F Types and already found one with the exact damage in the exact spot it seems like it may be somewhat common.