F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Steering wheel, sharing a resources…

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2021, 11:55 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

A question for anyone who's ordered a wheel that has red stitching in their interior. Guardian has 4 different red color options on their site. Which one did you go with and how closely does it match the stock Jaguar red stitching?

Old 02-02-2022, 07:08 PM
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the same dilemma of what stitch color matches the F-Types Ivory stitching best. Snow White or Space Silver? I feel like the Snow White might be too bright. Especially the noon marker.

Old 02-02-2022, 07:34 PM
Received 245 Likes on 129 Posts

I agonized over that for a bit and ended up going with graphite. However, if you are considering getting your wheel from GD, you can take a picture of your stitching send it to them and they will advise you what they think will match. Keep in mind that you can also choose what type of stitching you want. Another issue for me was the moon indentation. I finally chose to just get the indentation without any color and am very happy I did.

Old 02-04-2022, 08:09 AM
Received 377 Likes on 174 Posts

This is an older thread (see my original post #66) on my experience, however going on two years later, my steering wheel from Guardian Designs looks about as good as the day I installed it. After all the headache's I had with the installation, I've had no issues with the wheel, paddles or heating elements. I would HIGHLY recommend the team at Guardian for this. As for color options, etc. They will help you decide similar red stitching to the red that JLR uses, just ask them. You can now complete the look with their new extended paddle shifters too color coordinated to your liking.

The following 2 users liked this post by skizot:
datriani (02-04-2022), scm (02-04-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 08:18 AM
Received 141 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by skizot
This is an older thread (see my original post #66) on my experience, however going on two years later, my steering wheel from Guardian Designs looks about as good as the day I installed it. After all the headache's I had with the installation, I've had no issues with the wheel, paddles or heating elements. I would HIGHLY recommend the team at Guardian for this. As for color options, etc. They will help you decide similar red stitching to the red that JLR uses, just ask them. You can now complete the look with their new extended paddle shifters too color coordinated to your liking.
Thanks for the follow up review. Just installed mine and it gives me comfort that you’ve had a good experience with it and can say its well constructed. Hope I have the same experience.

Old 02-05-2022, 12:14 PM
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

F-Typers!
These steering wheels look AMAZING so, I have to ask if the flat bottom steering wheel will fit my lowly XE?

I have not seen a flat bottom wheel even in the Project 8 pictures on line. My button layout is a bit different so I would assume I would need to transfer mine and perhaps the harness.

My current wheel.
Any guidance would be appreciated!

Old 02-05-2022, 12:37 PM
Received 49 Likes on 19 Posts

1. FType OEM flat bottom is not interchangeable with XE because XE has hex mounting rod whereas FType has spline
2. If you want to have same shape as FType flat bottom it can be done modifing XE wheel, but you will have to sacrifise heating option (will not be functioning anymore)
3. you will need to transfer your buttons and harness from your current wheel (plug'n'play)

Old 02-05-2022, 12:48 PM

Unfortunate, but thank you for the insight! May just get mine re-stitched red to match the dash stitching.

Old 02-07-2022, 08:57 AM

I can't help but wonder why a modified steering wheel cannot have heat. Could the foil be removed then reapplied or replaced prior to adding the leather?

Old 03-26-2023, 05:00 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

So what mail service have you guys used to ship your steering wheels over to Poland? I'm getting ready to send mine out but I'm unsure what the safest and most reliable method is. Thanks in advance. Very excited to have a non sticky, great looking wheel in the cabin finally.

Dave

Old 03-26-2023, 05:18 PM
Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Jst2gtby
So what mail service have you guys used to ship your steering wheels over to Poland? I'm getting ready to send mine out but I'm unsure what the safest and most reliable method is. Thanks in advance. Very excited to have a non sticky, great looking wheel in the cabin finally.

Dave
I would use UPS.

Old 03-27-2023, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by OldGuy1
I can't help but wonder why a modified steering wheel cannot have heat. Could the foil be removed then reapplied or replaced prior to adding the leather?
Mine had heat and still has heat, so IDK?

Old 03-27-2023, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jst2gtby

Dave
They may have changed their policy since they did mine, but originally they provided me with the core used to replace my steering wheel. I am assuming that they now require you to send yours in?

Old 03-27-2023, 06:57 AM

They may have changed their policy since they did mine, but originally they provided me with the core used to replace my steering wheel. I am assuming that they now require you to send yours in?
Nothing has changed. Cores are available on stock

The following users liked this post:
skizot (03-27-2023)
Old 03-27-2023, 06:58 AM

Mine had heat and still has heat, so IDK?
Only Genuine flat bottom heated retains heating - all other options are without it

Old 03-27-2023, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Guardian
Nothing has changed. Cores are available on stock
Awesome. You guys are an incredible company/team. My steering wheel still LOOKS and WORKS like new. I could not be happier.

Old 03-27-2023, 11:06 AM

And I absolutely love mine.....

The following users liked this post:
JgaXkr (03-30-2023)
Old 03-30-2023, 11:50 AM
Received 130 Likes on 72 Posts

Great photos of your steering wheels. I’m seriously looking at purchasing one, I agree with some that the original wheel doesn’t fit the car. Some have said that the web site doesn’t illicit a answer, I’ve entered all pertinent info including USA international code (001) and hit send with no results. Also has anyone received a larger 118mm flat bottom wheel as compared to original 110mm wheel. On their web site they state using round steering wheels to convert to flat bottoms wheels. Thank you in advance for your help and comments. Looks like everyone loves their work. According to their website they send you your new wheel without asking for core upfront so that there is no driving down time. Works for me. Cheers Frank

Last edited by frank barone; 03-30-2023 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-30-2023, 01:00 PM

Frank,

I assume you are using this site.https://guardiandesigns.eu/collections/steering-wheels. In my case, I recall it took several days to get a response and that response came from Poland and then another one from Canada. I then used the Canadian email address to have numerous discussions regarding how I wanted my wheel built including several phone calls. I did not have to send in my stock wheel so I still have it just in case I get an SVR my Guardian wheel will go on it....ha.

Guardian is also on our forum so you can try sending them a PM. If they do not contact you within a week, I will try to dig out the Canadian phone number of the representative I dealt with.

Old 03-30-2023, 02:35 PM
Received 130 Likes on 72 Posts

Thank you George III For your quick response. Your steering wheel looks great. I used design@theguardian.com. I’ll wait a couple of days for a response and then use your contact email. Did your wheel come from Canada and you didn’t send in your core wheel, that would be ideal. Any extra charge without the core. Again thanks for your quick response. Cheers Frank

Quick Reply: Custom Steering wheel, sharing a resources…