F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Subwoofer Enclosures

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 04:39 PM
Received 89 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Jag Bass
So while researching info on the Land rover Meridian Signature Speakers for their actual frequency response I discovered that the LR047119 200mm Woofer, LR033290 100mm Mid Range, and the LR033292 Tweeter are all 8 ohm drivers. Not that it means a lot, but I remember that higher impedance driver are better controlled by the amplifiers damping in addition to not pushing the amplifier as hard to achieve basically the same output. The speakers are produced by PSS Premium Sound Solutions. The PSS door woofers are called CDD or Coil Disc Drive Speakers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
As an updated to this post, I believe that the information published in this spread sheet is incorrect and have reached out to the publisher to clarify the impedance values. Information taken from Topix definitely puts the 200mm woofers and 100mm mids as 2 ohms for both the Meridian 380 and Meridian Surround 770. Not able to confirm the Meridian Signature replacement drivers ohm rating on Topix but almost positive those are going to be 4 ohm drivers.

Old 06-21-2021, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Robtrt8
Good looking install.
I've installed a couple LC 6.1200's in boats. Including in my Malibu ski boat. Tons of clean power. They do want 4 gauge minimum power wire though.
I'm curious to see what your input gain settings turn out to be. I used the Rockford 3sixty Level Set track initially and found the factory mid inputs needed to be turned up a bunch.
Went into the D-6.1200 preamp inputs with the speaker level signal. Inputs are set to 0db.

Old 06-21-2021, 05:37 PM
Received 133 Likes on 111 Posts

I have the DM-810 inputs set at +9.0. I have the output on the mid (which is the factory mid plus mid-bass combined in the DSP) set to Zero. From there I’ve pulled down the sub (which is the mid-bass input) to -6, the center pulled down -6 and the tweeters pulled down just slightly on the drivers side only. I’ve done this all by ear. At some point I’ll have a chance to do a final tune with the RTA.

Driving around, 20 on the HU is above normal loud. You can still hear the exhaust with the button on. 30 is pretty loud and only clips on certain songs with big bumps.

Old 06-21-2021, 05:43 PM
Default Audio Control ACR-3 Level Control

Decided to do a custom install of the Audio Control ACR 3 level control. Put it where the power port once lived and is a perfect fit.

Old 06-21-2021, 06:05 PM

Decided to do a custom install of the Audio Control ACR 3 level control. Put it where the power port once lived and is a perfect fit.

Very nice!

Old 06-21-2021, 08:26 PM
Received 169 Likes on 106 Posts

Agree , nice fitment

Old 06-21-2021, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Borbor
Agree , nice fitment
Now if I can just get the heliocopter out of the trunk when the active exhaust is enabled.

Old 06-21-2021, 09:10 PM

I have the DM-810 inputs set at +9.0. I have the output on the mid (which is the factory mid plus mid-bass combined in the DSP) set to Zero. From there I’ve pulled down the sub (which is the mid-bass input) to -6, the center pulled down -6 and the tweeters pulled down just slightly on the drivers side only. I’ve done this all by ear. At some point I’ll have a chance to do a final tune with the RTA.

Driving around, 20 on the HU is above normal loud. You can still hear the exhaust with the button on. 30 is pretty loud and only clips on certain songs with big bumps.
At this point in tuning I am finding that inputting speaker level signal into the preamp RCA inputs, input gains are set to 0db and output sliders are used to attenuate the output as I try to target 45 on the ICT pro head unit. This is the point where the factory sub bass level stops increasing. The level of mid and high continue to increase after 45 all the way to 60. There was no clipping observed at any point.

Old 06-22-2021, 04:29 AM

Oh, yeah. Forgot you were using the low level inputs. But I thought you were using the mid bass as an input for your sub?
I've played around with only using the sub channel and with using both on the input side. The factory sub just does nothing for the musicality of the system.

Old 06-22-2021, 05:07 AM

Oh, yeah. Forgot you were using the low level inputs. But I thought you were using the mid bass as an input for your sub?
I've played around with only using the sub channel and with using both on the input side. The factory sub just does nothing for the musicality of the system.
Still pulling the signal from the door woofers in the DSP software and redirecting it to the preamp level output to the 1.300 the Sub woofer. System effortlessly plays down to 25Hz which is where the 1.300 subsonic filter starts to cut low frequencies. No reason at all to add accu bass feature of the AC amp. I find myself turning down the bass level more often than not, it can get that over powering., cabin gain in the car is incredible. Now just to hunt down and slay all the rattle gremlins, that going to be fun.

Last edited by Jag Bass; 06-22-2021 at 05:14 AM.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:42 AM

Gotcha.

Bringing the rug rat back from my Volvo indy this morning, having a conversation about his overnight shift, playing the Jag’s stereo lower than I have ever played it by my self, I realized how loud the center channel still was. Pulled out the laptop and dialed back the center until it was more even with the doors at the lower level. Then played it at my standard volume and yep, that’s better.

Old 06-29-2021, 04:01 AM

At times, on certain songs, the sound seems a little overmodulated on my system.
Called AudioControl tech department to ask about high level input vs low level input in our situation. He said "we cannot recommend" using the low level in our case. Did recommend using AC-LGD's.

Old 06-29-2021, 04:30 AM

They are the ones that specifically told me to use the low level inputs. Right now mine is setup with -3db input gain on each of the channels with 40 being the target max volume on the ICT pro head unit. As long as your not exceeding 8vac on the inputs, should be fine. Max I was seeing was 7.30vac to the door woofers.

Last edited by Jag Bass; 06-29-2021 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-29-2021, 09:44 AM

At times, on certain songs, the sound seems a little overmodulated on my system.
Called AudioControl tech department to ask about high level input vs low level input in our situation. He said "we cannot recommend" using the low level in our case. Did recommend using AC-LGD's.
Can you elaborate more on the issues you were seeing and on the use of the Load generating modules? This was never duscussed during several tech calls with audiocontrol which eventually lead me to switch from high level inputd to low level RCA inputs at their recomendation.

Old 06-29-2021, 10:19 AM
Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

They are the ones that specifically told me to use the low level inputs. Right now mine is setup with -3db input gain on each of the channels with 40 being the target max volume on the ICT pro head unit. As long as your not exceeding 8vac on the inputs, should be fine. Max I was seeing was 7.30vac to the door woofers.
Regardless of the inputs being used, it sounds like using the LGDs may be beneficial in keeping the factory amp/processor happy.

Old 06-29-2021, 11:15 AM

Hard to describe other than some songs just sound put together weird. The tech said “with the highly processed system like the Meridian” it may be happier seeing a load. I figured, what the heck, I’d give it a try. The stupid part is we’re direct with AudioControl but it was easier/quicker to get them from Amazon.

1/2 of my songs are 256k MP3’s or Apple Loss Less ripped from disks. The other half are AAC’s from iTunes. Never had this problem in any of my other systems.

Old 06-29-2021, 11:20 AM

While setting up the mid range channel levels I was seeing some weird wave forms on the Oscilloscope with the 200Hz test tone. I had to back off the level on the head unit down to 40 to be able to set the input gain and waveform looked more normal. Pic below.

I assume you would place the LGD's inline with each channel prior to the RCA low level inputs the same way you would with the high level speaker inputs? Also which ones are you getting, Seems like the LGD 60's are the proper units.

Last edited by Jag Bass; 06-29-2021 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-29-2021, 11:23 AM

The stupid part is we’re direct with AudioControl but it was easier/quicker to get them from Amazon.
Did you order the LGD or LGD60? Oddly, the quick reference from AC says the LGD60 is for 2018+ vehicles with amplified systems and the LGD is for 2005-2015 "all makes and models". I have a 2017 but assume it fits into the category with 2018+ better considering the Meridian system.

Old 06-29-2021, 11:25 AM

I assume you would place these inline with each channel prior to the RCA low level inputs the same way as you would with the high level speaker inputs?
Yup. All they do is trick the factory system into thinking it's still driving the speakers directly which in theory stabilizes the signal being generated by the amp/processor.

Old 06-29-2021, 12:02 PM

AC guy said I needed the blue ones.
The others are for Chrysler’s?

Quick Reply: Custom Subwoofer Enclosures